Fujifilm X-H1

Mine was more of shock that he's saying it's not top end
:)

It clearly is towards the top end of the Fuji range, where that sits in relation to a Leica, Sony, Samsung... is all subjective and to my mind irrelevant.
No one has to by this particular camera. Absolutely no one. Those that do, will buy it because it's particular combination of features appeal to them, and usually, the will only buy it if they feel it have value to them (I say usually, because there is some 'peer' pressure / marketing to make you think you need stuff you don't).

The good thing now, across all manufacturers, is you have a lot of choice to find a camera that works just for you!

This thread is so quiet, have sales been low or is everyone just busy taking stunning photo's ?

Still considering getting one.
Im busy taking photos not sure about the stunning part though.
It comes down to wether you want IBIS or not its an T2 with ibis plus a few other nice bits.
Im still slighty suprised that Fuji didn't wait and introduce the H1 with the new upcoming sensor though thats probaly to do with the timing.

It's not top end

Misinterpreted!!!

When a top end DSLR cost 2.5K (canon 5DMkiii, Nikon D800, etc), an X-T1 (Fuji Flagship) was around 1K - The X-T1 in its day was comparable to where the X-H1 sits in teh Fuji range. Now 'top-end' DSLRs are £3.5K (RRP), so the pricing has generally moved upwards, taking the likes of Fuji with it. All the major mirrorless non-FF camera manufacturers have cameras pushing 2K (Panasonic GH5/GH5S, Olympus OMD1Mkii when introduced was £1950) and now Fuji X-H1), the world is changing we have to get used to it!

Misinterpreted!!!

When a top end DSLR cost 2.5K (canon 5DMkiii, Nikon D800, etc), an X-T1 (Fuji Flagship) was around 1K - The X-T1 in its day was comparable to where the X-H1 sits in teh Fuji range. Now 'top-end' DSLRs are £3.5K (RRP), so the pricing has generally moved upwards, taking the likes of Fuji with it. All the major mirrorless non-FF camera manufacturers have cameras pushing 2K (Panasonic GH5/GH5S, Olympus OMD1Mkii when introduced was £1950) and now Fuji X-H1), the world is changing we have to get used to it!
If that's the case I"lol stick with my x100c ;)

If I had a spare 1700 quid I would buy one, but its far from perfect for me so it really would be a luxury purchase.
Like the idea of using primes with IBIS, but to finance it I would probably have to sell the ones I have, so completely defeats the object.

My daughter has recently bought an Olympus EM5 II and have to say i'm very impressed with the photos from it.
Think if I wanted to go down the prime route that would be my choice, so its X-Pro2 and ois zooms for the foreseeable future.

Striking clarity!

I have to admit I'm well impressed with the Zeiss 12mm f2.8 lens thank you for looking and taking time to comment Stephen

Last edited:
Makes you wonder if they’re going to refresh X-H1 already.

To be fair the price drop probably brings it more in line with where it should have been.
Does seem to be a change in strategy for Fuji though - usually the X-Pro gets refreshed before the XT line.
If the XT3 is launched as expected in Sept I’d expect to see XP3 / XH2 following early next year.

To be fair the price drop probably brings it more in line with where it should have been.
Does seem to be a change in strategy for Fuji though - usually the X-Pro gets refreshed before the XT line.
If the XT3 is launched as expected in Sept I’d expect to see XP3 / XH2 following early next year.

have to question the timing of the release of the x-h1. very close to the suspected x-t3 and new sensor. i'd hope that most cameras would have a least 2 years before an update is released. would be interesting to see what the x-h1 sales have been like. once the x-t3 and pro-3 release it may be hard for buyers to consider an h-1 over them.

I will put my hand up to buying a grey X-H1 at £1250.. That to me is the sort of price it should be.. It is clear that the X-H1hasn't sold as well as expected but it is still a damn fine souped up X-T2 and will do me for now. I will be interested to see whether they bother with an X-H2 or not or maybe they will eventually squeeze IBIS, bigger battery etc. into an X-T4? Exciting times for Fuji customers. For now I will enjoy using what I have got ... :)

Last edited:
I will put my hand up to buying a grey X-H1 at £1250.. That to me is the sort of price it should be.. It is clear that the X-H1hasn't sold as well as expected but it is still a damn fine souped up X-T2 and will do me for now. I will be interested to see whether they bother with an X-H2 or not or maybe they will eventually squeeze IBIS into an X-T4? Exciting times for Fuji customers. For now I will enjoy using what I have got ... :)

are you getting the grip? i found with the grip its the most comfortable camera I've owned.

are you getting the grip? i found with the grip its the most comfortable camera I've owned.

I haven't gone for the grip at the moment. I want to see how the camera handles the 16-55 with the bigger body etc. The smaller body was what disappointed me about my X-T2 .. it was just too small for me to handle correctly ... and I have small hands :)

I must admit I am already lusting after the bigger zooms and a grip and lens may follow in due course... :)

If you buy the grip separately does it still come with two batteries?

Back