Fujifilm X-H1

Don't expect X-H2 will be far away, I would suspect Q1/Q2 next year, I kno the H1 has not been out long, but I'm sure Fuji won't leave their flagship APSC camera in the doldrums.

In answer to your question my guess is either Spring or Autumn next year, however now that the X-T3 is out I think we will see some firmware improvements for the X-H1 within the next four to six weeks.

I consider the X-H1 to be ergonomically excellent and as my advancing years take their toll on my hand holding abilities IBIS has proved to be of greater benefit than I thought it would. Having seen the images of the X-T3 I would not have bought it anyway as it has the same operational flaw which caused me not to buy the X-T2. The positions of the Q menu button and the joystick should be reversed. On the X-T2 I found that I had to stretch my thumb to an uncomfortable angle to reach the joystick, whereas for me the joystick of the X-H1 is perfectly positioned.

I wanted an Arca plate for my X-H1; one which I could leave on all the time. RRS do one, but it's not cheap. Came across this one on the 'Bay. Paid £2.80 for expedited delivery and it came in 3 days. And it's spot-on! Fits the camera perfectly, quite light, the "L" bit not only detaches but can slide. And the extra 1cm depth at the bottom makes the already excellent grip of the camera even better - it gives my pinkie something to hang on to!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adjustab...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Had a toddle up to Gordale Scar this afternoon. Took the 10-24 on the X-H1.

Gordale by Stephen Lee, on Flickr

"Excellent" Fujigraph Sir, well composed with a very nice mono conversion giving good detail in the highlights & shadows.(y)

George.

Lovely captures. The only camera you can take to Goodwood Revival is a Fuji [emoji6] it fits in perfectly [emoji16]
Thanks very much. Saw a guy with an Olympus OM-1 in mint condition round his neck but he was using a small point and shoot digital to actually take photo's :rolleyes:

Thanks very much.

The first one is jpeg, really surprised as I can't get close to the colours converting RAW in photoshop on that one, also loses the shine and depth of the suit. Just had a quick play with Fuji RAW Converter and it's very close to the jpeg so going to give that a really good try in future.

The other two are RAW converted but only because I managed to pull a little more from the shadows especially her hair at the front but colours are identical on the jpegs.

Going to have a play with in camera editing / processing over the new few days too.

Thanks Trev, loving this camera.

I actually shot some video too but like a dipstick I forgot i’d Turned the mic off. Very smooth and had no trouble refocusing on individual dancers as I panned.
Love it Pete. Fuji jpeg is one reason I bought X-H1 and not more lenses for my D500

Last edited:
Anyone using the 100-400 on H1

How’s the AF-C

Particularly for birds in flight. Buzzards, Kite especially.

Really like this Fujigraph Sir, well composed with very nice colour, and a lovely expression on the singers face.(y)

“Love the look & warm sound that those Shure 55SH (Elvis Mics) give a vocalist”

George.
Thank you George, if I had remembered to re-enable the mic on my XH-1 I would have had a video to share too so you could have heard the Shure :mad::(

Very nice Landscape Fujigraph Sir, different but works really well for me.(y)

George.
Thank you for your kind comments, @G.K.Jnr. I was unsure about the horizontal at the bottom left, but left it in as I thought it keeps the eyes inside the photo.

Back