Fujifilm X-H1

Sorry, another quick question on my new X-H1 please. Every time I shut the camera down I get a message on screen to the effect of the camera will shut down once image transfer has completed. I’ve gone into the Bluetooth settings and selected under “auto image transfer” OFF, but it still keeps showing the same message and the little light under the “Q” button still flashes orange and green alternate for about a minute after switching off ?

What gives please ?

I finally bought/subscribed to Adobe Classic CC v7.5 today, an Adobe guy had to remotely take control of my laptop and download it as we had issues doing it, so after a few hours it's now sorted, I can access my X-H1 RAF files normally and also the many Fuji film simulation pre-sets, happy days....!

Peter

anyone found that the viewfinder image on the X-H1 looks very contrasty and doesn't represent the scene being taken (the image looks much better on the screen after the image is taken) ?

anyone found that the viewfinder image on the X-H1 looks very contrasty and doesn't represent the scene being taken (the image looks much better on the screen after the image is taken) ?
There's a setting that determines whether the film sim etc is shown on the live view or it's boosted a bit as per below.

Screen Shot 2018-10-13 at 08.42.10.png

There's a setting that determines whether the film sim etc is shown on the live view or it's boosted a bit as per below.

View attachment 136411
Just wondering if this setting, or others, make it any easier to see the effect of a polarising filter?

Yep, checked as per this reply. Mine is set to off.

View attachment 136411

Cheers guys, I’ll give it a go

Easy to get caught up in the hype when a new camera arrives on the scene, interesting little tool here. I wonder if those claiming the XT-3 is the best apsc camera ever made have done a similar comparison.

https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/im...8&x=-0.8907660776602228&y=0.17888126910683297

Hmmm thats not quite right though is it, the Fuji is out between 2/3 and 1 stop at that kind of ISO in comparison to the Sony to get the same exposure at the same settings.

More like....

Screen Shot 2018-10-13 at 16.57.10.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-13 at 16.58.41.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-13 at 16.58.48.png

Last edited:
Hmmm thats not quite right though is it, the Fuji is out between 2/3 and 1 stop at that kind of ISO in comparison to the Sony to get the same exposure at the same settings.

More like....

View attachment 136446

View attachment 136447

View attachment 136448
You've missed then point totally, I was comparing XT-3 to XH-1 not Sony. The Sony is FF I said apsc.

All the talk about the XT-3 being the "best" apsc camera is inaccurate, to be the "best" it has to excel in ALL areas, it clearly doesn't.

So, good sir, are the white any different to the black ones ?
Yes. One’s white, and the other ...

Seriously, I’m not certain there is a genuine difference, it may be psychological, but the White ones seem to last longer. The white ones were introduced later than the black, so there may be some difference in the compound.

So, good sir, are the white any different to the black ones ?

Supposedly the white are better Sir, we use both the White & Black and through personal experience we have found no difference in the performance or staying power.(y)

George.

Hi guys. On my recently purchased second had Fuji X-H1 from WEX, i've just noticed that the small rubber cover that goes over the electical terminals for the battery grip on the base of the camera is missing, with the terminals exposed. I'm obviously therefore a bit wary of using the camera in less than ideal conditions with that piece missing. It would appear it can be purchased as part of the accessory kit CVR-XT2, but I can't fiind anyone with them in stock. Anyone therefore know of anywhere else this can be pruchased from please ?

Hi guys. On my recently purchased second had Fuji X-H1 from WEX, i've just noticed that the small rubber cover that goes over the electical terminals for the battery grip on the base of the camera is missing, with the terminals exposed. I'm obviously therefore a bit wary of using the camera in less than ideal conditions with that piece missing. It would appear it can be purchased as part of the accessory kit CVR-XT2, but I can't fiind anyone with them in stock. Anyone therefore know of anywhere else this can be pruchased from please ?

Jessops seem to have it but it's more expensive than everywhere else.

Sometimes a pleading email or phone call to Fuji support will result in a cover being posted out to you.

Ooh, worth a try, anyone have the best number please ?

Think I'd be calling WEX direct and explaining your concerns with them instead of Fuji...! I'm sure they would sort you out.

I've tried WEX, but unfortunately they don't have any in stock and neither does it seem does Fuji UK ?

Back