Garry’s 52 for 2019

Catching up....
Waiting- both good images, the second one is the better image imo
Object-now, where have I seen one of these before lol. The WB looks a bit out, nice shadow though
Wet-great shot for the theme. Sometimes I miss night stops, and shots like this don't help....
Free-nicely minimalist.
Entrance-love it, great colours

Entrance, some great colours in that. Would have been nice to have reduced the exposure for the other end of the tunnel or blown it out completely.

Very in-your-face. Nice one Garry. Great colour to it ad I like the bright, bleached out exit to it. Like walking into a time warp

I like the "entrance" photos, the colours are nice and vibrant, although they're a bit much for my liking. "Young" is great, well composed and tells a story. Looks great in black and white and it looks like she's having fun.

What a fab young image Garry. Perfectly framed and the size of the object (sorry, don't know what it is) against your daughter, works brilliantly

Free - Wow, really like the bright colours, the curvature of the earth and the darkness leading up to the moon. Very nice!
Entrance - Those are some very vibrant colours! I like the light at the end of the tunnel
Young - Very nice image, really suits mono processing. Like it!

Hey Garry,

Entrance - I had to stop and comment on this as I was updating the spreadsheet as this is fantastic. An absolute riot of vibrant colour whilst ranging from dark to blown. I wish I'd seen this shot before going to MCM, I would have been dragging the cosplayers down to it to shoot.

Young - Radio telescope I guess? As others have said, it works nicely in B&W and very symetrical. Hits the theme well.

YOUNG - this works very well, young child discovering stuff.
Joan has already pointed out the contrast between the size of the dish and your daughter - this makes the photo for me.

Two great images Garry!(y)

Food: excellent details and I like the colours, though it's a teeny bit busy. I completely understand however, that with wildlife, you get what you're given! It's still a terrific image of a truly majestic creature!
Smooth: I absolutely love this image!! Is it the internal blades of a jet engine viewed through the main fan blades? Inspired!:clap:
Great abstract image with nice light, and the balance of tones work very well!

Hi Garry,

I agree with Gareth that Food is a touch 'busy' but it is a good fit to the theme.

I liking smooth a lot. A really interesting shot that I keep going over and a perfect hit for the theme (y)

FOOD - busy or not, the giraffes against the building look fine. It's just that clump of branches in the middle that get in the way, but i suppose that's where they get their nosh.
SMOOTH - spectacular shot, bang on for theme.

Smooth
It's interesting, I'm not one hundred % sure what it is. Good light and shadow and nice shapes.

Sorry I knew I was be hind with comments but I appear to have missed your thread completely
New - a bit dark for my taste it seems to merge with the shadows.
Clean - very colourful and lovely reflection
Open - I do like it as it is but agree a crop would work too
Distant - wow, I agree the framing adds to the overall image
Cold - the B/W works and I thought it a good shot then I saw the colour version and think it's much better.
Waiting - 2 great shots the Tiger looks more like he's waiting, but the second shot is my favorite of the two but not for the theme
Rough - good colours and texture.
Object - I like the shadow.
Wet - I like the colours
Free week - great colours, I like the tiny moon
Entrance - very vibrant
Young - The square crop and the b/w suit it
Food - I agree its a bit busy but they are lovely animals.
Smooth - I really like that, quite abstract , what is it?

I really like your smooth image. Haven't a clue what it is but it works well for the theme

Two great images Garry!(y)

Food: excellent details and I like the colours, though it's a teeny bit busy. I completely understand however, that with wildlife, you get what you're given! It's still a terrific image of a truly majestic creature!
Smooth: I absolutely love this image!! Is it the internal blades of a jet engine viewed through the main fan blades? Inspired!:clap:
Great abstract image with nice light, and the balance of tones work very well!
Thanks Gareth, you are correct. It’s a shot of the main fan blades of a RB211 engine on a 757. You can see some of the internal guide vanes.
Hi Garry,

I agree with Gareth that Food is a touch 'busy' but it is a good fit to the theme.

I liking smooth a lot. A really interesting shot that I keep going over and a perfect hit for the theme (y)
Thank Lee.
FOOD - busy or not, the giraffes against the building look fine. It's just that clump of branches in the middle that get in the way, but i suppose that's where they get their nosh.
SMOOTH - spectacular shot, bang on for theme.
Thanks Bob.
Smooth
It's interesting, I'm not one hundred % sure what it is. Good light and shadow and nice shapes.
Thanks Dominic, it’s the main fan blades of the engine mounted on the 757.
Sorry I knew I was be hind with comments but I appear to have missed your thread completely
New - a bit dark for my taste it seems to merge with the shadows.
Clean - very colourful and lovely reflection
Open - I do like it as it is but agree a crop would work too
Distant - wow, I agree the framing adds to the overall image
Cold - the B/W works and I thought it a good shot then I saw the colour version and think it's much better.
Waiting - 2 great shots the Tiger looks more like he's waiting, but the second shot is my favorite of the two but not for the theme
Rough - good colours and texture.
Object - I like the shadow.
Wet - I like the colours
Free week - great colours, I like the tiny moon
Entrance - very vibrant
Young - The square crop and the b/w suit it
Food - I agree its a bit busy but they are lovely animals.
Smooth - I really like that, quite abstract , what is it?
Thanks for your feedback and taking the time to comment.
I really like your smooth image. Haven't a clue what it is but it works well for the theme
Thanks Ian, it’s a snapshot of the main fan blades of a jet engine.

Week 17: Light

Taken from the top of the new car park at Manchester airport last night on my Ricoh GRii.

DB549C18-0A0F-43A3-9957-A7A2EB8652B6.jpeg

Two fab images there Garry!(y)
Hot: Beautiful, serene image with amazing evening light. I really like the reflections and the way you've placed some leaves in the foreground really works.
Light: Terrific colours - those sodium street lights give a pleasing, warm glow, and the sky is tremendous. Great angle from up there too.

ABOVE - clever idea, and a good color contrast
HOT - captures the theme perfectly, and the foreground blur is very effective
LIGHT - Simply a cracking shot!

Like them both, Garry! Looking through the leaves in the first makes you feel like you're right in amongst the trees, and the the second really has a lot of different parts to catch your attention and draw you in.

Hot is a great image Garry. As a fisherman, you can't beat the sun going whilst at a lake. So atmospheric.

Light - really like this. Lots of 'industrial' type of interest in the foreground, and the beauty of that amazing sunset in the distance

Back