Gear acquisition - a journey without destination?

Film acquisition syndrome is a totally different ball game...especially with discontinues film

Yes indeed... there's a real sense of "get it while you can" for film... I'm only a third of the way into a brick of Reala, but wondering about trying to find another as I like it so much! (And the last brick was £28 for 20, which can't be bad!)

It's a shame Royal mail is expensive for small items as I saw a sealed box of HP5 (or whatever it was in 2007) at the bootie and he wanted 50p (well I'm sure I would have got it for 30p complaining it was OOD ;) ), well I don't do B/W but would have posted it to some one if say postage was about 50p.

Yes indeed... there's a real sense of "get it while you can" for film... I'm only a third of the way into a brick of Reala, but wondering about trying to find another as I like it so much! (And the last brick was £28 for 20, which can't be bad!)

I was very late to the game on Reala - I need to hunt some out desperately.

I say that as I plan to just shoot B&W for a while...

I was very late to the game on Reala - I need to hunt some out desperately.

I say that as I plan to just shoot B&W for a while...

I'd wished I'd got more Reala when it was 20 rolls for £15 with free post (IIRC) ...anyway I did get 40. But there are still bargains around and got a tip last year of a Greek person selling Kodak gold 200, 36exp on ebay...20 rolls for $23.90 (£14.22) free postage, well I got 40 rolls erm but the 2nd 20 lot (after testing the film) the seller had realised it was cheap and put the price up to (£19.57) but still a good buy as it was only a few years OOD.
So it's all about tuning in to forums and selling sites all the time in case you miss something.

Just had a quick look on the dreaded bay, there's a bit of 120 about, but someone is selling single rolls of 35mm Reala 100 for nearly £35 a roll!!!!! I've been treating mine a bit like slightly more expensive Poundland film, may have to rethink!

Thanks to Francesco for starting this thread.
A couple of posts have prompted me to take a hard and critical look at my gear.
I have decided that, for the first time, there is some kit I use rarely so I should be able to consolidate easily.
So, I will be selling all my 645 gear (4 bodies and 5 lenses) ...... to fund the purchase of a 2nd new r/f body.
And I'm also waving goodbye to 5 infrequently used 5x4 lenses to fund the purchase of a single new lens with an IC that also covers 10x8.
And an additional positive side-effect is that the other arf sees that I have less kit!?

Back