General Electric GAU-6A Chain Gun

WOW...how cool is that training using the cars as targets. Now if you used that in an advert for the army, you'd have every PSX shoot em up fan queuing up ;)

The shooting at cars bit is from a Civilian Company in the US who offer 'cabbie-shoots' for cash - no idea how much it costs, prob a couple of grand to cover helicopter fuel and ammo costs. Too much fun tho'

Jeeeees !!:eek: :eek:

How many rounds does that thing fire per minute, and how do they stop the barrels melting?

One for the :geek: 's then.....not knowing how fast they come out, how far apart in distance are those bullets when they come out. Must be heading for a near solid mass ;)

played with one of these in Afghanistan

I am sooooo jealous, have always wanted to have a go with one of them. Gives a whole new meaning to :canon:

They do have bin attached sometimes to stop the empty cases being drawn into the blades and engine.

Pretty devastating footage there, makes metal jacket look like a pee-shooter.

Very effective tool. Would certainly make those little ***** who ride their mopeds up and down my street all night think twice lol

That's a toy for the men... Not the boys..:LOL:

Impressive stuff..:)

evilowl said:
Very effective tool. Would certainly make those little ***** who ride their mopeds up and down my street all night think twice lol

And the idiots who drive past my house at 3am with their 20k in car rig up full with their ears bleedin and the fluffy dice and spoilers and the nitrous etc.

Oh, and the lorry drivers who seem to think that the 30mph speed limit is so people don't get run over and not to keep the ****in noise down as they hurtle past at 50mph in a nice high gear so I an hear the torque rumble.....

AAAAAARGGHH!!!!

Does anybody know where I can borrow one? Pretty please?

DJW said:
Good reading. 100 rounds per sec :eek: . I'm sure the local council would insist on thos empty shells being recycled, yet I haven't seen a helicopter with a green recycling bin attached :thinking: ;)

The British Chinooks in Afghanistan (from RAF Upavon) had a tube attached to divert the empty cases away underneath the helicopter. The Yank Blackhawks there didn't seem to have any provision for diverting the empty cases at all - I have to assume they know what they're doing as they've been using this weapon on helicopters for 30 years (actually why assume anything of the sort? They're all Muppets!).

The ultimate friendly fire then, taking yourself out with your own spent cases! :D

Joe T said:
Metallica works so well as the background music!

I thought the same :)

Ok, where do you buy the gift experience vouchers from to do this then? :LOL:

Back