Get started in photoshop

Name
Adrian
Edit My Images
Yes
I am now starting to use photoshop and I have noticed that there is a box set called "get started in photoshop"I know well I think I do, how to use raw and levels my question is is it worth its money or will I quickly pick it up by trolling the Internet.
I know its only £45 but would that be better spent on a filter or some thing else

Don't waste your money.

Just play about with the software and mess around with an image and you'll pick things up. If you're stuck with something, Google for the answer and you'll find thousands of tutorials and so on. If you're out of ideas, once again Google for tutorials and you'll have tons of ideas running through your head.

You'll slowly pick short cuts up (and so on) the more you use the software.

Open up a JPG and try and make it look better by using the 'Image' drop-down menu. You can add brightness, contrast, colours (etc) to make it look a lot more appealing. :)

I'd recommend a subscription to Digital Photo Magazine. It comes with a CD every month packed with PS tutorials covering everything from the basics up to some quite advanced stuff :)

Thanks I have a subscription with digital photo and photo plus, this is were I saw the advert Thanks for your replies i hate wasting money.

My first suggestion would be to get hold of a library card! I know my local library has loads of tutorials on PS, as well as a wealth of books regarding photography. Considering they are free, why not give it a go?

Thanks I have a subscription with digital photo and photo plus, this is were I saw the advert Thanks for your replies i hate wasting money.

Scott Kelby's books are excellent. I am steadily finding my way through Elements 7 with his Elements 6 book.

I hate wasting money too. Unfortunately I usually discover I've wasted it after it has gone.

Yep, those Digital Photo CD's that come with the mag are great, as sad as it sounds I lie in bed and watch them all the night I get the mag then have a go at the tutorials with my own images the next day, you pick up so much from them.

Back