Gitzo GT4532XLS tripod only £399 at WEX

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
That's a bargain Rob, well spotted, certainly is a height.

Must have missed the new Gitzo stuff, any idea what they have on the way?

Guys, just want to say a big thanks for posting this on here. I too have been looking for a new lightweight but sturdy tripod and this is just the ticket for me. I actually looked at one of these earlier in the year at The Photo Show but at £800 was a little over my budget but this reduction in price due to the new models coming out has bought it well within.

I would also like to add an extra tip to anyone buying as well, if you go through Top Cash Back then you can get 5.25% on tripods which works out to about £21. So an extra little bit off, assuming it tracks and goes through ok.

Guys, just want to say a big thanks for posting this on here. I too have been looking for a new lightweight but sturdy tripod and this is just the ticket for me. I actually looked at one of these earlier in the year at The Photo Show but at £800 was a little over my budget but this reduction in price due to the new models coming out has bought it well within.

I would also like to add an extra tip to anyone buying as well, if you go through Top Cash Back then you can get 5.25% on tripods which works out to about £21. So an extra little bit off, assuming it tracks and goes through ok.
Glad you have found it helpful. I'm in the same boat, there would be no way of spending £800 on a tripod. I took it out this morning for deer. I'm impressed as its rock solid and quite quick/easy to set up. The closed length wasn't a problem as it didnt feel too long when out and about.

Glad you have found it helpful. I'm in the same boat, there would be no way of spending £800 on a tripod. I took it out this morning for deer. I'm impressed as its rock solid and quite quick/easy to set up. The closed length wasn't a problem as it didnt feel too long when out and about.

Yep agreed, my main issue when I have been looking is a tripod that goes up high enough without using a centre column as for me thats just not stable enough. I am 6ft 3, and this by my calculations is 6ft 7, thats without a tripod head on it and without a camera, so clearly well above my head, which is great, as the last thing I want is to be giving myself neck or back injuries crouching down to see through the viewfinder. Only issue was when looking, there aren't a lot of tripods that go that high, and the ones that do cost a lot like this one :)

Yep agreed, my main issue when I have been looking is a tripod that goes up high enough without using a centre column as for me thats just not stable enough. I am 6ft 3, and this by my calculations is 6ft 7, thats without a tripod head on it and without a camera, so clearly well above my head, which is great, as the last thing I want is to be giving myself neck or back injuries crouching down to see through the viewfinder. Only issue was when looking, there aren't a lot of tripods that go that high, and the ones that do cost a lot like this one :)
You won't have a problem with it being too low, when set to full height I can stand under it and still have a couple of inches space above my head before the bottom of the base plate (I'm 5ft 11).

You won't have a problem with it being too low, when set to full height I can stand under it and still have a couple of inches space above my head before the bottom of the base plate (I'm 5ft 11).

Great thank you Rob, and also thanks for the previous comments confirming how sturdy it is. Looking forward to it arriving and me testing it out, funnily enough, one of the first things I will be using it for is the deer rutting season!

OMG, it arrived today, this may sound a bit sad, but oh my, what a thing of beauty, the carbon weave is lovely and its so light!!! Thanks again to Rob for posting this in here.

Oh, and as mentioned, I can easily stand underneath it with plenty of head room and I am just over 6ft 3 :)

OMG, it arrived today, this may sound a bit sad, but oh my, what a thing of beauty, the carbon weave is lovely and its so light!!! Thanks again to Rob for posting this in here.

Oh, and as mentioned, I can easily stand underneath it with plenty of head room and I am just over 6ft 3 :)
I'm glad you are happy, it's definitely well made and for a 2m high tripod it's very light. In some ways it's a 3 section tripod for normal use, with an extra section just in case it's needed.

My old tripod I weighed at the weekend was 5kg exactly, so this at 2.22kg is a massive reduction in weight, but a large increase in height. :)

Sorry to bring back this thread, but a quick question for those that bought one, own one. On the second section of leg that extends down when unlocking the legs, does each of one your legs have two circular marks all the way round the section?

Mine does, assume its normal, but wanted to check?!

I have a different Gitzo and yes it's normal @antc

It is actually more stable if you undo all the legs 3/4 of the way per section, rather than 2 fully extended sections and a non extended section. Sometimes I use those marks to quickly set up lower with more strength (greater overall within the tubes).

It is actually more stable if you undo all the legs 3/4 of the way per section, rather than 2 fully extended sections and a non extended section. Sometimes I use those marks to quickly set up lower with more strength (greater overall within the tubes).

Ahh great stuff thanks Craig! I was dreading it being some kind of defect and having to send it back! I find for normal use and only need to lower 3 sections and its perfect with a head and camera on the top. With the legs fully extended, even me at 6ft 3in can stand fully underneath it with room to spare. Great to have the option of extra height when you need it though!

Sorry to bring back this thread, but a quick question for those that bought one, own one. On the second section of leg that extends down when unlocking the legs, does each of one your legs have two circular marks all the way round the section?

Mine does, assume its normal, but wanted to check?!
The rings are there to help you extend the tripod quickly to eye level for a 5"10/5"11 person. If you extend the first section to those marks then fully extend the second section leaving the last section in the closed position it will be at eye level. Theses marks are fantastic and mark it so quick to extend to eye level. I've found in normal use with my telephoto lens I'm not using the last section, but at least I have it there in case I need it.

Have to say I haven't had a problem with stability that I've needed to do it. I've been happy using just the two sections although if I needed maximum stability I may use that method. I mentioned this earlier in this thread and the replies where it should be less of a problem with gitzos due to the type of lock mechanisms used.

Last edited:

Such a simple tip...except I've never given that any thought! Thanks for the tip! I've just spuffed £750 on a tall 5 series Gitzo so I'll remember this.

Back