Glasgow members

I'd be up for a trip up to Cardross and bowling on sunday the 7th (only free day for me)For the seminary and pier. And if folks want to chip in some fuel money, my car(its a berlingo) is big enough to cart 5 of us and a fair bit of gear. I know my way around the seminary a fair bit, so we can drive pretty much upto the gates.
And if there is any other places we could think of?

John

wouldnt think of not chipping in when driving with someone... I'm up for that... just need to ask for a day off at work... will find out tomorrow to know for sure....

I would be up for a trip to Polphail in the near future! So I shall defo keep my eyes open for that!

Shame you're in Holland Mick, Enjoy your trip though :)

I would be up for a trip to Polphail in the near future! So I shall defo keep my eyes open for that!

Shame you're in Holland Mick, Enjoy your trip though :)

Cheers mate!

I visited polphail a while back its some place and plenty of exploring to be done(although its populated with bats,sheep and deer) but as I said above it's due to be knocked down very shortly,My mates company is in the running to knock it down which i think is a shame as some of the graffiti is out of this world.

My mate done a blog on it as part of his graphic design course and I supplied some pics, check it out.....

http://craigblack.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/polphail-ghost-village.html

Mick(y)

Certainly will do!

I wouldn't mind trying the wire wool thing at the seminary if anyone has experience doing said trick? :)

Not a million miles away from glasgow is Fort William and the mountain bike World Cup comes there very year - this years it's 8th & 9th June. It's always a great weekend and even without a media pass you can still get some great shots from right next to the track ;)

Lots of peeps from around the area :D

Not a million miles away from glasgow is Fort William and the mountain bike World Cup comes there very year - this years it's 8th & 9th June. It's always a great weekend and even without a media pass you can still get some great shots from right next to the track ;)

Now this I'd love to try! Been meaning to get up there for the downhill biking or the moto trials for a while.

Those dates are noted.

Thanks
Mick

I'd be down for it too. Can only do the 9th however as I work Saturdays :(
We should maybe have a Facebook group for days out :p

I'm in Blantyre, So it shouldn't be an issue. Sort something closer to time. I'll pop up a post in the meeting section tomorrow. :)

My misses kindly reminded earlier that we'll still be in Cancun that weekend of the downhill at fort william, what a bummer! At least I'll have the camera on this trip though so I can hit you all with my seascapes when I'm jealous of your bike shots!

Total gutter!
Mick

I wouldn't mind coming to Glasgow to take some pictures. It would be a nice day out. My mum was from Glasgow and I spent the school summer holidays there every year when I was a kid. (Wee scunner! As I was called on more than one occasion no idea what it means though?)

Another Glesga punter here (and there's at least another two on the forum who haven't posted on this thread).

Glasgow has the best buildings in Scotland...Merchant city will give you lots to go on.....try the financial part of the city (Blythswood Sq.) if you like that stuff.

If you fancy any help hit me up with a PM when you get here.

I'm another Glesga boy (52 year old boy!) as well - born and bred in this great city of ours!

Merchant City (Trongate/Saltmarket - City Centre) is indeed a superb place to start! I've always loved going down there and was there earlier this week to check out Glasgow's last-camera-shop-standing - Merchant City Cameras. At least I think it's the last...?
Anyway, it's still there - and let's hope it survives these harsh times.

Regarding a meet...well there's a fine pub in the city centre called the Horseshoe Bar, which is close to both Glasgow Central Station and Glasgow Queen Station - so handy for all rail links in the Greater Glasgow, Lanarkshire/West of Scotland areas.
On a serious note, I'm not suggesting an all-round p*ss up, and appreciate that not everyone drinks anyway, but it would be a great way for people - particularly those new to the city - with our common interest (photography not alcohol), to meet up and get to know other members. As the old saying goes, you can never have too many friends!

Anyway, just an idea.

All the best.

(y)

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind coming to Glasgow to take some pictures. It would be a nice day out. My mum was from Glasgow and I spent the school summer holidays there every year when I was a kid. (Wee scunner! As I was called on more than one occasion no idea what it means though?)

Check Johns thread in meeteing section, if you are free on 7th we are gonna visit some empty buildings and there are 3 more seats available in Johns car...

hi chris welcome to the forum bud, just a heads up guys theres a carnival in queens park from the 19th i think till 27 or 29th

thanks guys

should be good wee thing to shoot, but i imagine tricky with family's and kids running around etc?

Had a great wee shoot in the city last week ;)

A couple of images I liked....

Edit.jpg

Glasgow_1.jpg

orite lads nice to see the glasgow thread still going strong

Hi, Im from Johnstone. Ive spent a lot of hours in and around the city and surrounding Towns. There are some amazing places to shoot but also within 30 minutes drive some of the best sunsets you will see.

I found some nice ones myself but could you share which locationscyou had in mind by saying best sunsets? Cheers :)

Back