Gloom!

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
Couldn't get out in the sun yesterday so my usual Monday 'stroll' couldn't come too soon. What do I find? Cloud-cover, drizzly rain and mist ... high ISO conditions. Looks like my coffee and chocolate croissant are going to be the highlight of the morning! :(

I know what you mean, brought a new lens with long focal length on Saturday and been so gloomy since that not been able to get its full potential :( meh

Ah well another day ... looking on the bright side I could have been working :D :exit:

Shame about the weather Roger but bet the coffee and cake helped

hmmm i bought a new d500 and 200-500 10 days ago and had about 1 hour of sunshine since... forecast for the next 10 days = gloom :(

Yes forecast doesn't look good ... warm is fine but cloud and rain isn't good, much prefer a bright frosty day.

No free time for me either tomorrow :(

Been out with my camera most days, not managed to catch much myself either :(.

fear not, my week off is nearly over, so sunny days are due to return ... absolutely crap week! even the canary islands and a couple of other places I'd considered for a few days had poor weather.

Went out on Friday at midday. Drizzling lightly and so dim a grey sky that some of the sensor-controlled street lights were on. I found a deserted summer house and took a wintry selfie. DSC00641TPX.jpg
Hm. That image was downsized twice to get it down to the tiny 1024 pixels permitted by TP's gallery upload. Seriously guys? 1024 pixels max width or height? In 2016 when at least half the folk are using at least retina displays? The image above seems to have have nasty jpeg sharpening artefacts not present in the original image. I downsized it twice to get down to the ridiculously tiny 1024 pixel limit. I suspect auto sharpen after resize was set, a mistake on my part. But much worse than that, as I see the image now on my display it's been horribly upsized from 1024 pixels to something like 4096, causing all kinds of horrid artefacts. Look at the faux "fibres" on my jeans.

I hope I'm doing something seriously wrong here. This is not what a serious photography forum should be doing to its images.

Some people are on metered connections, slow connections (despite being called "broadband"), PAYG 'phones etc. hence the image size limits.

Ah well another day ... looking on the bright side I could have been working :D :exit:

But Roger, work is a 4 letter word and you don't approve of them! ;) :p

Back