Godox AD200

Just be aware that the xt1 may not fire the AD200 if they are very close to each other (mounted on top of etc). The AD360 mk2 suffers from this.

Just be aware that the xt1 may not fire the AD200 if they are very close to each other (mounted on top of etc). The AD360 mk2 suffers from this.
I've learned of this with radio triggers in general...
Honestly, I think trying to use one on camera will be rather cumbersome... but I'll probably try it just for grins.

Well, Lencarta have now received the spare parts for them (necessary for customer service) so will now start selling them.

Yep. They haven't got any dropped into EU yet. But they've said if anything goes wrong, I can return it to EU warehouse. Not had to return any Godox gear yet though......(touch wood)
Very first batch of a brand new model, bought from a Chinese seller - I think you've been very brave:)

Has it arrived yet, has it? Is it good? Do you like it do you? Come on come on tell tell pleeeeeease :D

Got hold of my one today after a crazy busy weekend with two weddings.

First impressions:
-smaller than I thought so the dials are quite small.
-seems built really nicely.
-carry case it comes with is really nice, with room for everything.
-Recycle time is really good.

Shall put the battery on charge and hook it up later on this evening, but it seems like a really good piece of kit for the price at this moment in time!

I had a play with the AD200 on the Pixapro stand and was impressed. Felt like a very solid unit and the recycle time was impressive. The small LED in the fresnel head may come in handy but it is hard to tell at the stand. I sent a mate to the stand on Saturday morning at 11am to try & bag me one and they'd already sold out of their stock. :(

I had a play with the AD200 on the Pixapro stand and was impressed. Felt like a very solid unit and the recycle time was impressive. The small LED in the fresnel head may come in handy but it is hard to tell at the stand. I sent a mate to the stand on Saturday morning at 11am to try & bag me one and they'd already sold out of their stock. :(

Yes, they sold out the first batch very quickly but were still keen to take orders at the show price of £280 for the unit inc battery, plus Fresnel head, bare bulb head and a nice little case. Maybe they'll still take orders at that price?

Slight modification of my bracket now means the AD200 fits nicely. :)

It takes two minutes to trim a bit of rubber off for an easy fit, though the guy at the show wasn't bothering with that - just a bit of a wiggle and the tight bit will push through okay.

Yes, they sold out the first batch very quickly but were still keen to take orders at the show price of £280 for the unit inc battery, plus Fresnel head, bare bulb head and a nice little case. Maybe they'll still take orders at that price?

It takes two minutes to trim a bit of rubber off for an easy fit, though the guy at the show wasn't bothering with that - just a bit of a wiggle and the tight bit will push through okay.

It was deffo a bit too tight for my one to go through. Still haven't had chance to use it properly yet.

Used mine in the field yesterday. Holy smokes. These are amazing flashes!! Having so much power in such a small unit is amazing

How much was it from Eachshot please Martin.

Well, Lencarta have now received the spare parts for them (necessary for customer service) so will now start selling them.
Any idea of when they will be up on your website? Also when will you have non ttl version of the ad600 listed?
Thanks

Any idea of when they will be up on your website? Also when will you have non ttl version of the ad600 listed?
Thanks
AFAIK there are no plans to sell the non TTL version of the AD600, so far everyone seems to want the TTL version. Again AFAIK, Lencarta is the cheapest UK supplier of all the Godox flashes.

Reactions: TG.
AFAIK there are no plans to sell the non TTL version of the AD600, so far everyone seems to want the TTL version. Again AFAIK, Lencarta is the cheapest UK supplier of all the Godox flashes.
Sorry but their prices are not the cheapest, everybody watches everyone else in this game so Lencarta might need to check again

Obviously that is me checking as I make this post. Easy enough to change a web price so by the time you read this the info could be wrong and just as easily Garry could have been right when he made his post.

Mike

Last edited:
Sorry but their prices are not the cheapest, everybody watches everyone else in this game so Lencarta might need to check again

Obviously that is me checking as I make this post. Easy enough to change a web price so by the time you read this the info could be wrong and just as easily Garry could have been right when he made his post.

Mike
Well it looks like essential (pixapro) have just increased their prices dramatically, now £700 for the AD600 TTl up by £80 from £620 not sure how they quite justify that even with the drop in the £, even if Lencarta aren't the very cheapest UK supplier they have the 3 year warranty and proven customer service, I purchased a smartflash from them last year which had a problem, from what I recall their was another one in the post before I sent the faulty one back, that will do for me thankyou very much, that's the sort of customer no quibble service I need.

Mike
Interesting statement, and of course you may be right - let's see...
AD200:
Lencarta £319
Pixapro £330
Photomart £279 + £55.80 VAT = £334.80

AD360-2:
Lencarta £449
Pixapro £470
Photomart £391 + £78.20 VAT = £469.20 (but includes transmitter)

AD600 TTL
Lencarta £620
Pixapro £700
Photomart £516 + £103.20 VAT = £619.20

AD600 1200Ws Remote Head:
Lencarta £239
Pixapro £250
Photomart, Not Listed

AD600 Mains adapter:
Lencarta £119
Pixapro Not Listed
Photomart, £89 + £17.80 VAT = £106.80

So, Lencarta is cheapest on almost all, Pixapro and Photomart are the most expensive, Photomart are very slightly cheaper on a couple of items, ranging from a few pence to a few £ but on balance, I'm right, and if you're buying several items I'm even more right:).
Lencarta are selling all products at the lowest price permitted by Godox.
There may of course be other UK sellers that I don't know about

Last edited:
Interesting statement, and of course you may be right - let's see...
AD200:
Lencarta £319
Pixapro £330
Photomart £279 + £55.80 VAT = £334.80

AD360-2:
Lencarta £449
Pixapro £470
Photomart £391 + £78.20 VAT = £469.20 (but includes transmitter)

AD600 TTL
Lencarta £620
Pixapro £700
Photomart £516 + £103.20 VAT = £619.20

AD600 1200Ws Remote Head:
Lencarta £239
Pixapro £250
Photomart, Not Listed

AD600 Mains adapter:
Lencarta £119
Pixapro Not Listed
Photomart, £89 + £17.80 VAT = £106.80

So, Lencarta is cheapest on almost all, Pixapro and Photomart are the most expensive, Photomart are very slightly cheaper on a couple of items, ranging from a few pence to a few £ but on balance, I'm right, and if you're buying several items I'm even more right:).
Lencarta are selling all products at the lowest price permitted by Godox.
There may of course be other UK sellers that I don't know about
+ Lencarta,s 3 year warranty as opposed to a 2 year warranty has got to be worth let's say at least another £35 :)

+ Lencarta,s 3 year warranty as opposed to a 2 year warranty has got to be worth let's say at least another £35 :)
And a 3 year warranty with no small print too - backed up by a stock of spare parts and a factory trained technician who is now working in house - visitors can see the repair department, it's real, and it's on the left hand side of the warehouse just after the packing area:).
One of the last things that I organised before I retired, before that it was at a different location, bringing it in house has improved the turnaround dramatically.

Used mine in the field yesterday. Holy smokes. These are amazing flashes!! Having so much power in such a small unit is amazing
Yes, the performance is pretty good, and better than it is on paper. The obvious comparison is with the AD180, there will be resistive losses from the cable on that one. What I personally like about the AD200 is the case that it comes in.

Yes, the performance is pretty good, and better than it is on paper. The obvious comparison is with the AD180, there will be resistive losses from the cable on that one. What I personally like about the AD200 is the case that it comes in.

I think it's the practicality that's the killer. I had to go to London for a pre-wedding shoot. In the past I would have lugged the AD360 on the stick with me with probably the beauty dish. Instead this time I just slid 2xAD200's into my bag and was off. Having a speedlight head meant I could use my Magmods with them to grid & gel.

There's only 1/3 stop difference between the AD200 & AD360. I'll take that for the convenience.

Reactions: TG.
And a 3 year warranty with no small print too - backed up by a stock of spare parts and a factory trained technician who is now working in house - visitors can see the repair department, it's real, and it's on the left hand side of the warehouse just after the packing area:).
One of the last things that I organised before I retired, before that it was at a different location, bringing it in house has improved the turnaround dramatically.

I think this is a bit of a landmark move, putting Godox/Lencarta on a par with the big established brands. Pretty vital for many users, as quite apart from any unknown reliability issues, location flash is by its nature very prone to accident damage.

How many of the other 'new-age Chinese' manufacturers have proper UK-based service and support? I can only think of Phottix via importers Intro2020. Edit: correction, not Intro2020 now, but Mac Group.

Last edited:
After taking up photography again I have 'kitted out' my new home studio with products from Lencarta and the service/quality is very good indeed - I won't go anywhere else now; well done guys

Back