Going on holiday...Again!

Edit My Images
Yes
Well I've just received my new lowepro camera rucksack/bag thingy. A lot better than the last one (apparently the last one could fit an SLR and 2 lenses...Maybe if all you have is a d40 and a couple of niftys!!) which I sent back. And tonight I'm off to the Isle of Mull for a week. Hopefully my sore throat and cold will be gone soon, and i'll be able to enjoy my holiday and take LOTS of pictures.

See you in a week, guys :)

:wave: Have a great time Ewan and hope you get lots of good photos ;)

i really need to get myself a bag for my cam and lenses, are the lowepro bags good because from what a heard from a newpaper photographer there not, well the zips arent, so if you could fill me in on that. Im setting off tomorrow for a week unluckily its a 10 hour drive. I look forwad to your pics from Mull though ! have a good holiday !!

Have a good time Ewan. I'm there myself in a couple of weeks.

Have a fab time with new camera Ewan ... the forums will be so much quieter without you ;):LOL:

David, I have 2 Lowepro's ... one of which Ive carried around non-stop for a year ... nowt wrong with my zip ;)

Have a good time Ewan, hope you post your pics when you get back :)

Have a good hols!

I'm still looking for a lowepro rucksack/bag I can take onto planes and fill with my SLR and none camera gear, this new 1 bag rule is a right pain! Which one did you go for Ewan?

Hey sepulchre (Yes i'm still here, for now).

I bought the micro trekker 100. It's got room for my d70 with 70-300mm VR (not exactly a small lens) fitted, and the kit lens. Also both lens hoods (not fitted to lenses). A few lens caps also. Loads of room for memory cards and batteries. If I wanted to I think I could fit another lens in as well. Might not be a good choice if you wanted lots of non camera stuff in there too.

I'm still looking for a lowepro rucksack/bag I can take onto planes and fill with my SLR and none camera gear, this new 1 bag rule is a right pain! Which one did you go for Ewan?

Tell me about it!! - I fly all over the world as part of my job (boarded over 30 planes this year so far!)

To make matters worse I have to keep my laptop with me which makes an additional camera bag an impossibility.

My solution? I take my stuff out of the lowepro and pack the bag in my suitcase. Then I put all my camera stuff in this:

Peli case 1510

Filled with the pick and pluck foam there's room for my camera body - 70-300 IS, 100mm Macro, 20-22mm, 17-70mm, 18-55mm plus charger CF cards, remote etc.
I just check this in with my suitcase (get it x-rayed at the outsize baggage desk when you check in).
I got it back once with a big dirty footprint on it where a baggage handler has stood on it to reach something, but all was fine inside!
You can get larger cases if you have more kit - but the advantage of the 1510 is that it will fit in an overhead luggage bin on most planes (if it's your only bag). Plus you can wheel it around. If you're getting locks - don't forget to buy TSA approved locks or the Department for Homeland Paranoia will cut them off with bolt cutters if you visit the US (they have keys for the TSA locks.)

have a great time ewan - will look forward to seeing your pics when you get back! :)

Have a nice holiday Ewan.. Take plenty of pics and don't forget to put some BIG watermarks on them so they don't get nicked..:D

Have a lovely holiday Ewan. cant wait to see your piccies. hope you feel better soon too

Back