Good service from a photography retailer

Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
I ordered two items from a well known retailer in Norwich, both arrived quickly well packed in huge boxes, neither were suitable for what I needed once I had tried them, one was in fact not working correctly. So, I mailed the retailer and asked if I could send them back, they agreed, I packed them up and posted them the following Saturday.
When I got home I had received another mail asking to print and affix their return labels (postage paid), so I mailed and said I'd already sent them at my cost as there had been no mention of return labels in the first mail and thought they should offer a refund of postage in the circumstances. After a couple more emials back and forth they agreed, I never felt they werent going to agree, it just needed clearance from a manager.
In the meantime I ordered a second hand lens from them, the idea being to part exchange one of my lenses after I received the "new" one. New one arrived exactly, if not better than described, mine went off (using their labels this time, so postage paid for by them). They received mine I got a valuation within 24hrs and a refund made to my credit card.

All in all a very good experience.

Oh and a very nice lens that I can see becoming a firm favourite.

Matt

I used WEX to trade my Sony a6000 and lenses in against a new LUMIX LX100. The quote for my gear was acceptable and I sent my gear in for confirmation of condition. They actually upped the quote a bit once they had seen my gear. Great service on the three occasions I have bought from them too.

Cant agree more about WEX.

We recently called in on one of the evenings they open late because we were on holiday in the area and I didnt realise they were so close by.

Anyway I was indesisive about what to buy but their chap (whos name escapes me) was fantastic, he absolutley understood my concernes and knew exactly what I was trying to say. He explained everything clearly and logically.

While we were in the shop there was a massive rain storm and the down stairs of the building actually became flooded!

End result we spent £6k and walked through the flood on a carpet of pallets and boxes they laid down for us!!!

Well done WEX the experience was excellent

They have been excellent for me too, easy to return items.

Don't go for a browse in their store though - you will fins it hard to leave without buying!:p

Just to add another vote for
WEX, I recently purchased a used A7Rii from them. When it arrived it was in excellent condition and couldn't find any fault with it. Anyway 3 weeks later Sony announced a £250 trade in bonus. This meant that a new one would only cost a couple of hundred quid more. I contacted their customer service who agreed to take back the used camera and refund in full. Leaving me free to purchase a new one, which I also bought from them. I have dealt with then for years and they have always been excellent

I've stayed away from Wex for some years after some terrible customer service from them over a couple of orders, only accepting raving reviews of products they sell. Sounds like they may have improved then.

Nice to hear such positive comments about a retailer, when thinking about a purchase shall consider them now.

Good service from a chain for me, after a smaller dealer let me down last week. Paid a fiver for next day delivery, but having sat in for half the day waiting for delivery all I get is an email saying my order is being processed. The second supplier deliverd it next day as promised, without the extra charge. Should have looked there first.

I have had excellent service from LCE in Gosforth including arranging a cable release from another store for next day delivery so that I had it for my trip away this week. Clifton in Dursley are also very good.

Whats going on here? I know this isn't TP, a thread praising a retailer? Whats the world coming to? Lol

In all seriousness though WEX are fantastic, never let me down on a pre-order and have traded in plenty and been very happy. Also use my local Calumet a lot (now owned by WEX) but thats partly because they'll price-match almost anywhere online now (except Amazon).

For all my Canon photography gear it came from Wex, they had been very good each time, but as I traded in all my Canon kit I went to Jessops who were just great. Got all my Fuji kit from them, plus it was great to walk in and straight out with what I wanted, as the store is just down the road from us here instead of waiting for it to be delivered.

Camera jungle. Bought a second hand sony body that they couldn't tell me the shutter count on. Got it. Checked it over. Did the exif data test and saw it was over it's acceptable lifetime usage. Returned for free no quibbles. I even accidentally sent another battery back in it which they returned foc

Last edited:
Over the years I've purchased a lot of equipment from WEX and have always found them very reliable. Dispatch to home address is always prompt and items are always well packed and arrive safely.

So good is their service that I am planning to trade in a hardly used lens with them over Christmas while I am stopping not too far away so that I can purchase a Tamron 2x converter for my 150-600mm G2. Having never visited the shop before I am really looking forward to it.

Last time I went on WEX used I ended up finding a Canon 50mm F1.8 mk1 for £40. I wasn't even shopping for one but couldn't resist at that price.

Bought a used Olympus 14-42mm from Camera Jungle earlier in the year which disgraced itself a week later but they sorted return & refunded without any issues. Replaced with a Panasonic 14-42 instead from Castle Cameras, thought from price I was in used section and I'd accidentally bought a new one.

Think only real bad experience I've had was a 'mint' 5D from Charles Eagles which turned up and was evidently "well used' with brassing everywhere. Only time I've bought a camera and put it straight back in the box. Short phone call to Bob Rigby later and a very nice properly mint 5D turned up the next day.

Back