GoPro HERO3: 2.7k 30fps, 1080p 60fps, 720p 120fps

£359.99 I'm not sure on this forums rule in regards to naming shops?

Place I been looking they said the 6th December. Whoop whoop

im looking at getting a go pro hero 3 but only the white edition which i can pick up for around £200 s will be used for my track days and euro trips

I would get the hd2 in the clearance instead, its the same spec as silver ;)

I was about to buy a 2, and then between deciding to buy one any pay day they announced the 3. The spec on the black was too good not to save a bit more lol... have seen brand new HD2 on ebay for £180 delivered tho.

Got my black edition on Tuesday and its awesome. Will post a vid when I get change to use it properly.

Mine pre order for the uk it been put back twice.
Phone quiet a few place we had them in but you need to order it most them say but one shop said we never had them it been put back

Yes, as said above.... they are in Milton Keynes at least ;)
Edit: or at least were, it is possible that the initial stocks have sold... I'll keep quiet :cautious:

Last edited:
120@720p and 60@1080 :). There in the uk just not a lot of stock I got lucky. Hope to use mine as intended this weekend.

I have just bought Hero 3 Black with tripod mount and Handlebar Mount.
use the link form my previous post for 20.12% discount, only until midnight!

I pre ordered and got mine a couple of weeks ago, I have to say, for the price they are pretty amazing! I do however find myself stuck between a rock and a hard place with some of the settings...

To clarify, framerates depend on whether you shoot in PAL or NTSC with NTSC offering the more per second of the two.

Going back to my rock and a hard place... I've chosen (so far) to shoot in 1080 at 48fps (it's max in PAL) which enables me to slow it down to half speed at 24fps which looks good. However, last night I decided to switch to res of 720 and shoot at 100fps (again, it's max in PAL) and this enabled me to slow it down by 4 times. I could slow it down by 8 times and it still looked great / usable...

So I'm going snowboarding in Jan...

Do I shoot in 1080 at 48fps or 720 at 100... sacrifice quality for frame rate?! I don't know what to do... will post vids tonight!!

I pre ordered and got mine a couple of weeks ago, I have to say, for the price they are pretty amazing! I do however find myself stuck between a rock and a hard place with some of the settings...

To clarify, framerates depend on whether you shoot in PAL or NTSC with NTSC offering the more per second of the two.

Going back to my rock and a hard place... I've chosen (so far) to shoot in 1080 at 48fps (it's max in PAL) which enables me to slow it down to half speed at 24fps which looks good. However, last night I decided to switch to res of 720 and shoot at 100fps (again, it's max in PAL) and this enabled me to slow it down by 4 times. I could slow it down by 8 times and it still looked great / usable...

So I'm going snowboarding in Jan...

Do I shoot in 1080 at 48fps or 720 at 100... sacrifice quality for frame rate?! I don't know what to do... will post vids tonight!!

For faster moving shots like sports I'd go with the maximum frame rate for the best effects in post.

The only difference in quality will be when viewed large I'm sure.

We just received 3 black editions yesterday and I have to say they are amazing cameras.

Can't wait to take one out on my bike next weekend!

which version of the GoPro 3 are people getting?

I'm looking at the Black but its for Diving & caving usage..

I'm looking to get one soon too having put my Hero 2 up for sale. I'm wanting it for low light timelapse work. Can someone just explain the 4k bit to mean ie what it means. For some reason I've got brain lock on the matter :)

I'm looking to get one soon too having put my Hero 2 up for sale. I'm wanting it for low light timelapse work. Can someone just explain the 4k bit to mean ie what it means. For some reason I've got brain lock on the matter :)

It's like upgrading your 6mp camera to 12mp, the area filmed is physically larger so more detail will be apparent when viewed on larger monitors and when working with smaller resolutions, you can crop without having to enlarge the image afterwards.

The problem is that it's such a slow frame rate, whatever you film at 4k would have to be pretty still to avoid a horrible viewing experience.

It's like upgrading your 6mp camera to 12mp, the area filmed is physically larger so more detail will be apparent when viewed on larger monitors and when working with smaller resolutions, you can crop without having to enlarge the image afterwards.

The problem is that it's such a slow frame rate, whatever you film at 4k would have to be pretty still to avoid a horrible viewing experience.

Ah I see now (y) Hopefully playback on a large LED TV shouldn't be too bad then, but we'll soon see.

Back