Gordon Brown completely out of touch

Status
Not open for further replies.

photon

Edit My Images
Yes
I've just heard a local radio recording of our illustrious PM, broadcast on Radio 4's PM news programme.

A woman phoned in to ask why she couldn't claim Jobseeker's Allowance if her partner was working.

Mr Brown seemed completely unaware that this was the case! :bang:

BTW, I'm not arguing that the wife of Mr Rich B'stard should be able to claim the dole for swanning around Knightsbridge all day, but a universal wage could be a good thing.

I think it's a bit much to expect the Prime Minister to know all the details of the ins and outs of the benefits system

It would just make this country even more attractive to "asylum" seekers - you know, those people who are fleeing persecution in their home countries, but don't stop running at the first "safe" country they land in, because our benefits system is so much more foreigner-friendly already....

One thing I would like to ask Mr Brown is how he thought Eastern European workers would be good for the British economy, a statement I remember him making a while back,

if a British worker gets the job and earns £300 he spends some in the pub some on rent buys a new TV etc etc and in doing so supports the local community.

A eastern european worker lives in a house with 10 other people spends the minimum he can and sends £250 to Poland, Latvia etc etc.

If the money is leaving the country instead of being spent here how is that good for the British economy:shrug:

I'd just like to add I have no problem with EU workers coming here because in their position i'd do exactly the same,it's not their problem

Last edited:
I think it's a bit much to expect the Prime Minister to know all the details of the ins and outs of the benefits system

It goes against the grain to defend Mr Brown but I have to agree with wack61

The only people who understand our benefit system are the Lawyers who advise our immigrants (for a fee ;))

One thing I would like to ask Mr Brown is how he thought Eastern European workers would be good for the British economy, a statement I remember him making a while back,

if a British worker gets the job and earns £300 he spends some in the pub some on rent buys a new TV etc etc and in doing so supports the local community.

A eastern european worker lives in a house with 10 other people spends the minimum he can and sends £250 to Poland, Latvia etc etc.

If the money is leaving the country instead of being spent here how is that good for the British economy:shrug:

I'd just like to add I have no problem with EU workers coming here because in their position i'd do exactly the same,it's not their problem

The best laugh is that if an Eastern European has worked in the Uk and paid their stamp, they can return home and still claim UK unemployment benefit.....

It goes against the grain to defend Mr Brown but I have to agree with wack61

Was that not tongue-in-cheek :)

The only people who understand our benefit system are the Lawyers who advise our immigrants (for a fee ;))

A woman phoned in to ask why she couldn't claim Jobseeker's Allowance if her partner was working.

Thats up to the job centre to tell her.

It depends on wether your married or live with them too I think, she should still be able to get seekers but a little less If shes living with him.

It seems that a non-working partner can claim contributions based JSA for six months.

I was thinking back to my youth when couples "living in sin" were raided to check the status of their relationship, if one was a claimant.

There was a phone-in earlier in the week where it became only too clear that many people had no idea that their income could be cut by 90 per cent when they were made redundant. Still, I doubt any of them will be expected to face sanctions or a stint of sorting old clothes for a charity shop on a New Deal scheme.

Is that what they're all doing? No, they're not. Don't be ridiculous.

And how is buying a new TV supporting the local community? Someone buying a new TV will probably be buying from the high street or Tesco, of which that money goes into a filthy great big pot elsewhere. Besides which, not many TVs are made in local communities these days. Pubs are mostly all owned by big breweries and it's doubtful how much of that money is going back into the local community either.

Too much reading the daily mail, if you ask me.

You think, I know a guy that runs a paper shop that does western union, they're in every week wiring money home
And how is buying a new TV supporting the local community? Someone buying a new TV will probably be buying from the high street or Tesco,of which that money goes into a filthy great big pot elsewhere.

So the people that work in those shops do it for free do they, no they earn wages which they spend in their town for the most part which supports the local community.

Besides which, not many TVs are made in local communities these days.
wholesale, retail, transport' repair, it's all jobs
Pubs are mostly all owned by big breweries and it's doubtful how much of that money is going back into the local community either.

Business Rates, staff wages, draymens wages, truck sales and repair

I don't read the Daily Mail, so how are eastern european workers good for the UK economy then

Do forget that the Eastern European worker in the UK can claim Child Benefit for his kids back home in say Poland.

Thats up to the job centre to tell her.

It depends on wether your married or live with them too I think, she should still be able to get seekers but a little less If shes living with him.

So if she gets a job can she pay a little less tax if she lives with him too.

And how is buying a new TV supporting the local community? Someone buying a new TV will probably be buying from the high street or Tesco, of which that money goes into a filthy great big pot elsewhere. Besides which, not many TVs are made in local communities these days. Pubs are mostly all owned by big breweries and it's doubtful how much of that money is going back into the local community either.

You think, I know a guy that runs a paper shop that does western union, they're in every week wiring money home

So the people that work in those shops do it for free do they, no they earn wages which they spend in their town for the most part which supports the local community.

wholesale, retail, transport' repair, it's all jobs

Business Rates, staff wages, draymens wages, truck sales and repair

I don't read the Daily Mail, so how are eastern european workers good for the UK economy then

Well I know the Polish people that worked at our firm sent every penny they could back home, never went out at night, did all they could to live a cheaply as possible so they could send money back home.

They're working and paying tax. Which is considerably more than can be said for than say...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...employed-boyfriend-pregnant-17--triplets.html

They are working for less money than a firm would pay a UK citizen so paying LESS tax.

They are not here because we don't have the skills, that is just Nu-Labour crap, 2 million on the dole and that tit Brown thinks we need European workers in this country what a prat he is.

And while am on my right wing hobby horse, ANY non UK citizen should be deported for committing ANY crime or offence no matter how small, If a kid nicks a Mars bar then deport the little ****.

They are working for less money than a firm would pay a UK citizen so paying LESS tax.

They are not here because we don't have the skills, that is just Nu-Labour crap, 2 million on the dole and that tit Brown thinks we need European workers in this country what a prat he is.

And while am on my right wing hobby horse, ANY non UK citizen should be deported for committing ANY crime or offence no matter how small, If a kid nicks a Mars bar then deport the little ****.

Great idea! And we can give all the native killers, rapists and drug dealers cushy jail cells and have 'em back on the street in 5 years. Nice one mate. You should run for local government.

Great idea! And we can give all the native killers, rapists and drug dealers cushy jail cells and have 'em back on the street in 5 years. Nice one mate. You should run for local government.

You're first against the wall come the revolution :razz:

The reason we need workers is because the dole queues are full of lazy *******s who are riding the coat tails of tax payers and sponging off the system like the family I posted. If any of that family works, I'll be surprised. Tax payers are funding 10 kids in that family! That 17 year old kid is getting more money a month than I am and I work!

It's not about the skills or lack of, it's about people not being arsed to work. Go to any town or city centre on any day of the week and it's full of lazy "UK citizens" making the place look a mess. There's jobs out there if they want them, they just don't want them while the tax payer is funding their flat screen TVs.

Why should we allow guests to abuse our hospitality, I would not in my home and we should not in our country.

As for our Native criminal, I'd have hard labour and get them on the chain gang clean the streets.

erm..politics/religion? again?

Hmmm........this thread reminds me of Germany just prior to WWII....

collapsing economy.....religious intolerance.......charismatic leader.....

well, two out of three is still worrying :LOL:

erm..politics/religion? again?

Just look the other way Matty, It'll be fine I'll watch 'em for ya' :D

Hmmm........this thread reminds me of Germany just prior to WWII....

collapsing economy.....religious intolerance.......charismatic leader.....

well, two out of three is still worrying :LOL:

Well this is apparently the longest "period in history" without a war directly involving us, so they say.............
but not to worry Nostradamus ( and a few others) have predicted the end of the world in 2012 that'll sort the buggers!

Just look the other way Matty, It'll be fine I'll watch 'em for ya' :D

Well this is apparently the longest "period in history" without a war directly involving us, so they say.............
but not to worry Nostradamus ( and a few others) have predicted the end of the world in 2012 that'll sort the buggers!

Yup and that it would start in the middle east :cautious:

So if she gets a job can she pay a little less tax if she lives with him too.

Would his tax go down a bit too and they'd pay an equal amount between them?

The working class get taxed too much while the rich don't get taxed enough but thats another discussion I guess.

The reason we need workers is because the dole queues are full of lazy *******s who are riding the coat tails of tax payers and sponging off the system like the family I posted. If any of that family works, I'll be surprised. Tax payers are funding 10 kids in that family! That 17 year old kid is getting more money a month than I am and I work!

It's not about the skills or lack of, it's about people not being arsed to work. Go to any town or city centre on any day of the week and it's full of lazy "UK citizens" making the place look a mess. There's jobs out there if they want them, they just don't want them while the tax payer is funding their flat screen TVs.
Today 22:41

Theres alot of dole abusers and theres ones who better themselves with it and become a taxpayer too. The Jobcentre are crapbags themselves though, they are paid to help get these people Into work and alot of them demean these people as scum because they don't have a job but when you get one there all smiles at you. I've experianced this anyway and they definately do this In the Merseyside ones.

The job centres and other welfare places are to blame as well for their atitude and demeaning people. They probably kill Incentive In people.

Then theres theres work that Is so terrible that people would be better on benefits which strengthens the reason for a more fairly wealth distribution.

Then theres theres work that Is so terrible that people would be better on benefits which strengthens the reason for a more fairly wealth distribution.

I have to agree that there is a problem when people are better off not working and claiming benefits. Who could really blame anyone for not working in those circumstances.

Personal I think the whole benefit system needs a radical shake up, we are too free with some benefits and tight with others.

Child benefit for example were everyone gets it no matter how rich they are, yet other thing are severally means tested. Then there are the utterly stupid ones like the Child Trust Fund which should never have been started in the first place.

Child benefit for example were everyone gets it no matter how rich they are, yet other thing are severally means tested. Then there are the utterly stupid ones like the Child Trust Fund which should never have been started in the first place.

Now this I like. We dont have any children and we both pay tax. Child allowance should not be based on the amount of income you earn, nor the amount of children you have. Needs testing (expanded to children testing) need shooting. Especially when you think that we are not clogging up the roads dropping children at school, nor selfishly taking our allocation of desk space at the schools - we deserve more than those with children.

:exit:

Better not mention housing benefit then...

When I worked at the DHSS (which was a long,long time ago) I had a case across my desk where a family of five were being housed in a b+b at a weekly cost of over £1200....

Now this I like. We dont have any children and we both pay tax. Child allowance should not be based on the amount of income you earn, nor the amount of children you have. Needs testing (expanded to children testing) need shooting. Especially when you think that we are not clogging up the roads dropping children at school, nor selfishly taking our allocation of desk space at the schools - we deserve more than those with children.

:exit:

:LOL::LOL:

I have to agree that there is a problem when people are better off not working and claiming benefits. Who could really blame anyone for not working in those circumstances.

Personal I think the whole benefit system needs a radical shake up, we are too free with some benefits and tight with others.

Needs retesting sure, but the child needs their right to a future still.

The rich shouldn't be getting It. The rich get student loans when they shouldnt and when the loans service realised their mistake they made the low Income who need them Instead of the rich pay for It.

The rich get student loans when they shouldnt and when the loans service realised their mistake they made the low Income who need them Instead of the rich pay for It.

Student loans are just that, loans, they have to be paid back whether the recipient is "rich" or "poor".

If you want to go down the rich v poor route then remember a lot of the blame for the current financial crisis is down to loans being given to "poor" people...

we deserve more than those with children.

Who's going to change your colostomy bag when you get older ?, ah yes, that would be 'someone else's' children, which is why we all pay tax to educate them.

It's called society (y)

In the summer of 2007 the Sun Telegraph printed a paper written by GB when he was near the end of his Uni education.
In it he stated his aim was to get as many people on benefit as possible so they would be more likely to vote lab.

i have been taken off incap. benefit despite having kidney failure. diabetes, hypertnsion and tinitus{subject of appeal] i want to do an m.o.t testers course and have been told by jokecentre they cant help the service i have received at the local centre is so bad i have got my A.M involved. the staff at the joke centeres dont care and dont help neither do they give you correct info. they cant even get you your benefit within the 3 working days they promise. the more people out of work the more jokecentre staffs jobs become safe. if you dont get treated faifly complain complain and complain Kevin

it is not just the jobs that foreigners take it is the drain on our N.H.S and housing and their children drain our schools and they drain the dentists ect ect ect

they drain everything that my family has paid for in the past generations.

they have paid nothing.

it is not just the jobs that foreigners take it is the drain on our N.H.S and housing and their children drain our schools and they drain the dentists ect ect ect

they drain everything that my family has paid for in the past generations.

they have paid nothing.

And there's a perfect example

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back