Got a new 30D (Was "Should I upgrade from 350D to 20D")

Jonny said:
It's only just clicked with me who you are Kate :p

Just thought i'd say hi :D

Jonny I only just clicked yesterday who Kate was too..:D

Better keep quiet about the opposition eh..:LOL:

Kate said:
:D Hello! And who are you might I ask? :p
I'm A Random Name over at ocuk ;)

Blimey.......even I know who Kate is and I haven't been over to the t'other place for about 3 years!

Jonny said:
I'm A Random Name over at ocuk ;)
Ahhh, hello :D

digitalfailure said:
Blimey.......even I know who Kate is and I haven't been over to the t'other place for about 3 years!
Aye, it's not very secretive since they all call me Kate over thar anyway :p

Just one more thing Bod - I agree with whoever mentioned the spot metering. Was using it tonight whilst taking pics of my old kit against a white background and it's spot on.

/me hugs 30D.

Now, I really should go and spend these lovely money off vouchers shouldn't I... :D

digitalfailure said:

You got any pics of her then...:love:

Kate said:
Indeed. Back to camera talk :)
Yes, I wonder if Bod will notice if i swap my 20D for his 30D when we're next out... I'll just put my battery grip on it and walk off smiling :D :p

He's never gona let me near it now :D

I've been using mine for a few weeks now and I have to honestly say that there hasn't been a second when I've regretted it in the slightest. Yes it was a lot of dosh, yes it's tough wandering round the shops with my friend and she's buying stuff and I can't - but no way would I had it back now!

I had the chance of buying a 2nd hand 20D at the point at which I was making the decision, and plumped for the 30D anyway. Several reasons - just those few more features made it a better bet I felt, and also I really REALLY wanted a brand spanking new camera all of my own!

Out of interest, a friend who was at that point using the 350D swapped to the 30d just a week after getting a good look at mine.....!

Me and Marcel were out tonite trying to get some shots, and had the time to compare the two cameras.

Let me just say, that LCD screen is absolutely MAHOOSIVE!!!

Haha

For the first time in my life, I am actually proud to boast I have 2.5 inches :D

Marcel said:
Haha

For the first time in my life, I am actually proud to boast I have 2.5 inches :D
But my 1.8 inches is less high pitched :eek:

congrats, I know how good the 20 is, the 30 has some sensible improvements which really should have been there in the first place. Now, where's the piccies :)

Congratulations Marcel, seriously considering one myself on two counts, the spot-metering, and the much clearer viewfinder. Although the faster frame rate and improved battery life, and bigger LCD also would be a bonus I'd be willing to live with:)

Marcel said:
providing I get 450 for my 350D

is that with anything else (battery grip, lens etc etc etc with it as you can get a new one for £436.....

hows the 30d going, dont really see much point in going for one myself as ive already got my 20D, ill probably go straight for a 1D range when i need to upgrade. if its anything like the 20D the 30D should be awesome!

Back