Greetings from Merseyside

Name
Duncan
Edit My Images
Yes
Greetings all from the Parking Warden-infested People's Republic of Merseyside!

Got back into photography a few years ago when with a group of friends we had a monthly competition to push ourselves. That fell by the wayside and so did my snapping - but I'm back so lets see what happens! :)

I have a rather elderly Olympus E-300 but have to blame my lack of ability more than the camera I think!

Don't ask me to photograph anything from a prone position, my 50 year old knees and a liking for pies makes it unwise without the addition of a crane on standby...

Hi Duncan, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy".

Morning from another Merseysider. I have the pleasure to be controlled by the Commisariat of the People's Republic of Bootle. Where abouts are you?
There are a few of us on here who sort of meet at infrequent intervals - once the anti ageing pills have kicked in. You are not the oldest: I am. I'm always the oldest. Ask @Nod he'll confirm that, and he lives in the soft south. Devon I think, or Dorset; wherever it's a topcoat warmer down there!

One question that you have to answer...red or blue?

Morning from another Merseysider. I have the pleasure to be controlled by the Commisariat of the People's Republic of Bootle. Where abouts are you?
There are a few of us on here who sort of meet at infrequent intervals - once the anti ageing pills have kicked in. You are not the oldest: I am. I'm always the oldest. Ask @Nod he'll confirm that, and he lives in the soft south. Devon I think, or Dorset; wherever it's a topcoat warmer down there!

One question that you have to answer...red or blue?

Ah-ha! Another inmate of the Glorious Sefton Empire! Just up the road in sunny Waterloo... In the little back streets behind the nice stuff on the front :)

Now the Red or Blue question has astounded many folk over the years as my standard response is that I don't follow football but my wife is an avid Red. So I sort of murmur a muted "Well Done Chaps" when someone in red gets the bladder into the net but any attempt to engage me in footballista banter generally results in a blank stare & a look of intense befuddlement! (Though some would say they can't tell the difference...) :)

Question Folks:

I've had a look through the various site tutorials etc but could someone explain what the difference/reasoning is between the two Gallery entries in the nav menu? We have Gallery & nGallery - when & how would each be used?

Thanks - Confused of Crosby

I've had a look through the various site tutorials etc but could someone explain what the difference/reasoning is between the two Gallery entries in the nav menu? We have Gallery & nGallery - when & how would each be used?

Thanks - Confused of Crosby
No idea, and I've never heard an explanation. I think the nGallery is for some possible future use. Just use the plain gallery and all will be well.
You can upload an image direct to a post by using the "Upload a File" button next to the "Post Reply " button. As long as it fits forum size regs then just choose it from your PC and it will upload. Saves messing with the gallery altogether.

So I sort of murmur a muted "Well Done Chaps" when someone in red gets the bladder into the net
That's good enough. You have to be one or the other, however strongly felt.

Ah-ha! Another inmate of the Glorious Sefton Empire!
Yup, I'm in Ainsdale, just a wind assisted 4 iron from where the golfing chappies are bashing their balls this week.

ust up the road in sunny Waterloo.
I use a masseur in Waterloo. Male and strictly keep your undies on. A good chap.

Hi Duncan, love the intro (y) Welcome to the forum :wave:

(I'm old too, but I don't eat pies)

Back