Happy New Tier everyone!

My life haven't changed since March, Tier 1 or full lockdown. I only go to work and Sainsbury's. The only difference is I started running at night when there is no one around.

As you were indeed for me.

Teir 3 here also. But aside from mum's every other weekend for Sunday roast I don't think it's going to be much different to the last 8-9 months......

I'm in tier 2 but surrounded by tier 3. Sadly already lots of people posting about visiting the pubs in the town from tier 3 areas as they can't seem to go without booze.
Probably should be happy I can open my shop again, but sadly I don't think it is going to be anything like a usual December.

Three here too, East Riding, but like most previous posters, not really any different than the last 6mths

2 here which means we can take commercialmas dinner to Mrs Nod's mum.

Next door's only relative (her son) is in tier 3. Not sure if he'll be able to come down. We get her shopping delivered and take it round every week.

For any of you up t'north in tighter restrictions, if you or you parents (before you were born) moved there you only have yourself to blame thinking the grass was greener beyond the Watford gap. :)

Teir 3 here also. But aside from mum's every other weekend for Sunday roast I don't think it's going to be much different to the last 8-9 months......

Here’s an article on Bristol. Watching Points West over the past week I recall wondering why South Gloucestershire is high but it’s pretty well the outskirts of Bristol..I think .

I blamed the students in Bristol for the high levels but a comment in the article negates that assumption. To date the two Unis account for just 20% of cases.

Probably more to do with non-compliance..https://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/news/2020/11/bristol-venue-issued-10000-fine-after-second-breach-of-coronavirus-regulations/

November 14th..This is about an antI- lockdown demo. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-54943588

Last edited:
Here’s an article on Bristol. Watching Points West over the past week I recall wondering why South Gloucestershire is high but it’s pretty well the outskirts of Bristol..I think .

I blamed the students in Bristol for the high levels but a comment in the article negates that assumption. To date the two Unis account for just 20% of cases.

Probably more to do with non-compliance..https://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/news/2020/11/bristol-venue-issued-10000-fine-after-second-breach-of-coronavirus-regulations/

November 14th..This is about an antI- lockdown demo. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-54943588

There has also been at least one empty warehouse rave too.

South Glos does actually stretch down into the 'boundary' of Bristol. A good proportion of north Bristol is actually South Glos I think.

Gloucestershire Tier 2. However,some areas..the Cotswolds....are really low.

We’ve hardly been out since it all started. The summer was ok because of the very good weather. We’ve had a lot of click/collect from Sainsburys avoiding having to go into the store.

We’re booked into a self-catering cottage in Cornwall taking us over Christmas and it looks like we can go as long as we abide by Tier 2 restrictions rather than Cornwall’s Tier 1. This afternoon, my wife spoke to the lady who runs it and she says it’s ok. We just won’t go out to a restaurant with her and her husband as we usually do. We’d just walk the cliff tops but not go for coffee to a hotel on that walk as we’ve done before nor go to any restaurants as on previous visits, neither go for breakfast..some mornings..to a great cafe. We’ll order a Sainsburys delivery too. A few weeks ago the lady who owns the cottage said that a week or so ago she was stopped as she walked her dog on the cliff pathway and asked if she was local....this was by Covid wardens. I’d be happy to stay at home ..a case of ‘as you were’.anyway...but my wife ,who has a social life, friends, choir, WI. etc finds it all a bit stressful so the break..not to mention the cliff top walks, will be very welcome for her...me too, I suppose. My wife has had a knitting workshop in Devon cancelled because they aren’t allowed to have different household members mixing so that will have to wait until whenever.

Last edited:
2 here which means we can take commercialmas dinner to Mrs Nod's mum.

Next door's only relative (her son) is in tier 3. Not sure if he'll be able to come down. We get her shopping delivered and take it round every week.

He is allowed to come ... from Government site

Between 23 and 27 December:

• you can form an exclusive ‘Christmas bubble’ composed of people from no more than three households
  • you can only be in one Christmas bubble
  • you cannot change your Christmas bubble
  • you can travel between tiers and UK nations for the purposes of meeting your Christmas bubble
  • you can only meet your Christmas bubble in private homes or in your garden, places of worship, or public outdoor spaces
  • you can continue to meet people who are not in your Christmas bubble outside your home according to the rules in the tier where you are staying
  • you cannot meet someone in a private dwelling who is not part of your household or Christmas bubble
You should travel to meet those in your Christmas bubble and return home between the 23 and 27 December. Anyone travelling to or from Northern Ireland may travel on the 22 and 28 December.

Reactions: Nod
There has also been at least one empty warehouse rave too.

South Glos does actually stretch down into the 'boundary' of Bristol. A good proportion of north Bristol is actually South Glos I think.

Lee...I’ve just tried to re-post that link re the £1000 fine but it still won’t ‘come live’..strange. See what Points West have to say at 6.30.

These assemblies are very irresponsible. Those taking part must think they won’t be affected. I’d have thought that some of those ‘party/demo people will have contracted the virus.

Last edited:
Lee...I’ve just tried to re-post that link re the £1000 fine but it still won’t ‘come live’..strange. See what Points West have to say at 6.30.

These assemblies are very irresponsible. Those taking part must think they won’t be affected. I’d have thought that some of those ‘party/demo people will have contracted the virus.

More than likely adding to the figures, I'm sure. They think they won't be affected or don't care.... Bit of both I expect.

II won't be watching Points West. I can't remember the last time I watched any news program......

More than likely adding to the figures, I'm sure. They think they won't be affected or don't care.... Bit of both I expect.

II won't be watching Points West. I can't remember the last time I watched any news program......

Yes, bit of both.agree.

Unfortunately, my wife likes to watch PW but I think it’s awful..absolutely awful.. I’ve tried to tempt her to watch the ITV equivalent which includes real news not peoples’ domestic situations and people in hospital or have just come out..how do they get to know..inside info..?.... I’m sorry they’re in hospital but it’s not news. ITV regional news starts at 6.00pm and she likes to watch the BBC news at 6.00pm so I’m snookered. :(

Last edited:
Yes, bit of both.agree.

Unfortunately, my wife likes to watch PW but I think it’s awful..absolutely awful.. I’ve tried to tempt her to watch the ITV equivalent which includes real news not peoples’ domestic situations and people in hospital or have just come out..how do they get to know..inside info..?.... I’m sorry they’re in hospital but it’s not news. ITV regional news starts at 6.00pm and she likes to watch the BBC news at 6.00pm so I’m snookered. :(

I think I'd rather watch snooker!! :ROFLMAO:

Tier two even though 3 miles down the road is tier 3 and they have a much lower case rate than us - 239 vs 142/100k, not that it makes much difference to me.

He is allowed to come ... from Government site

Between 23 and 27 December:

• you can form an exclusive ‘Christmas bubble’ composed of people from no more than three households
  • you can only be in one Christmas bubble
  • you cannot change your Christmas bubble
  • you can travel between tiers and UK nations for the purposes of meeting your Christmas bubble
  • you can only meet your Christmas bubble in private homes or in your garden, places of worship, or public outdoor spaces
  • you can continue to meet people who are not in your Christmas bubble outside your home according to the rules in the tier where you are staying
  • you cannot meet someone in a private dwelling who is not part of your household or Christmas bubble
You should travel to meet those in your Christmas bubble and return home between the 23 and 27 December. Anyone travelling to or from Northern Ireland may travel on the 22 and 28 December.

He was hoping to avoid the 23-27th public transport cram if he could. Tempted to offer him a lift both ways for fuel cost if he can self isolate for a fortnight before.

Tier 2 here in Rotherham. We have a safe routine which we stick to. Have done for months. Lockdown or whatever teir. Nobody will catch it from us and it will really have to up it's game to get in our house.

Interesting.....

"Recently" here in Folkestone we had no Covid - the rate /100,000 was so low it was basically 1 case. Then we were all locked down.

Now we apparently have more covid than we know what to do with and have gone straight to tier 3. Nobody into ot out of Kent for a while.

Fun fact: 35 days to Brexit and we have England's only land border with Europe. There will be utter carnage on the motorways as lorries queue all the way back to Essex. But nobody will know because lockdown.

Funny that.

Interesting.....

"Recently" here in Folkestone we had no Covid - the rate /100,000 was so low it was basically 1 case. Then we were all locked down.

Now we apparently have more covid than we know what to do with and have gone straight to tier 3. Nobody into ot out of Kent for a while.

Fun fact: 35 days to Brexit and we have England's only land border with Europe. There will be utter carnage on the motorways as lorries queue all the way back to Essex. But nobody will know because lockdown.

Funny that.
If only, there is no way this government could be so strategic, I doubt the cabinet know their Kent from their elbow.

Tier 12 here!

Well, it may as well be given how many times we have gone beyond the M&S in town and the fact that is not likely to change till the vaccine arrives. We had a couple of kikes in the Peak District when the lockdown eased in the summer and I rode my Triumph over to Yorkshire to see my Dad (from a distance).

I've had five trips into Manchester since I stopped going to the office on 18 March. Two haircuts, an eye test, turning up a day early for the eye test (it's my memory that's going but my eyes are fine) and one random day to meet a friend who is spending a few days a week at the office.

I'm thinking of digging a moat in front of the house but the postman and the DPD guy are against the idea :giggle:

Tier 2 here like almost everywhere except the grim North/Kent/Brizzel and the islands/Cornwall. Basically no change for us except SWMBO can get her hair/eyebrows/nails/suntan done. However since it seems certain travel is possible, I may venture to a few locations for togging in a very solo way.

Interesting.....

Funny that.
Those more cynical than I, would suggest that Kent has been put into tier 3 to keep the roads clear in readiness for whatever fiasco may occur!

Those more cynical than I, would suggest that Kent has been put into tier 3 to keep the roads clear in readiness for whatever fiasco may occur!

On that note I would bit a bit worried if I lived in East or West Sussex, Surrey and Hampshire.

two here "but be prepared for 3 in the new year"

Ekbm8yqXgAEOWJY.jpg

two here "but be prepared for 3 in the new year"

View attachment 300106

You know what they say:
Fail to prepare.
prepare to fail.

And with an attitude like that you will definitely fail, if I was in your shoes I would be preparing for a full blown lockdown at least, then there's a slim chance I would be over prepared.

if I was in your shoes I would be preparing for a full blown lockdown at least,
TBH they don't have a bloody clue.
2 days after that was reported we are now at "R" 0.9 ....
Who makes this s*** up anyway?

Last edited:
Its a bloody farce! Lumping together giant areas (especially if they include students) is going to mean we are never in T1.

We share a post code area with the university which contains the majority of local cases... Might have to move down to Mrs Nod's studio which is EX1 rather than EX4!

Tier 1 for us :), for now.....

Not that it makes ANY difference at all for me... :sneaky:

1,2 or 3 whatever, do what’s right for you. This is going to be a long ride and I would rather take a punt on my instinct right now, life has and always will be a gamble.

I no longer even care to look. I'm only sure it is the same "Your business is wrecked" tier.

What is new is that we now have a labour supported minority government. I always suspected Boris was a bit red and green just like Grinch.

Back