Has anyone orderd from this site before!

Name
Ross
Edit My Images
Yes
Nowt wrong with 1 stop.... Got a couple of lenses from there.

Free delivery (for 5 day) and their next day service is pretty cheap (I think).

Steve

I got my nifty fifty from onestop a few months ago. Couldn't ask for a smoother transaction.

You won't find many bad reviews for onestop. Buy with confidence.

They are fine. Been using them for some things since 2005:

I was only their 12th Customer.

Order Number: 12
Order Date: Monday 06 June, 2005
Shipped To: Andy xxxxx

Nowadays I personlly don't go the Grey Import route, as I don't think the savings are worth warranty hassles, especially with Sigma lenses (because you do not pay VAT, you a have no UK warranty)

I've not used them myself but a few of my friends have and they highly recommend. It's worth pointing out in case it isn't obvious that despite the UK prices they are based in HK. They guarantee to reimburse customs but it's just an extra layer of hassle worth pointing out.

From what I've read they mark their goods as repairs so they usually don't get taxed.

From what I've read they mark their goods as repairs so they usually don't get taxed.

Worth point out this can backfire badly:

1) Sigma UK required that VAT is paid for the International Warranty to be valid

http://www.sigma-imaging-uk.com/quicklinks/going_grey/going_grey.htm

2) Nikon UK do not honour International warranties on bodies

3) If Customs and Excise want proof your item was sent for repair, you are stuffed. For something thats been sent out for repair, you need to get re-Import exemption to prove VAT was paid in this country, so you don't double pay on re-entry. And of course the lens ISN'T repaired, so you can't provide this export proof...

OneStop as a company are great, but Customs and Excise are aware, and Sigma UK especially will not touch a lens if VAT has been avoided.

Last edited:
Just to make one thing clear ...

The lens I bought from them (post 5) was not posted as a repaired item.

I have bought other lenses and even cameras from Hong Kong (ebay) that have been posted as repairs. Never had a problem. This goes on more often than you would think.

They are fine. Been using them for some things since 2005:

I was only their 12th Customer.

i've bought lenses off onestop since 2006 without any problems and would consider it again. got stung by the taxman once and they reimbursed no problems.

as other people have said, the issue with any imported lens is whether the warranty will be honoured in the uk or not. in most cases i suspect its not.

Back