Have you bought and never used?

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
Had this a few years and never used it..seemed like I good idea at the time.. good job it wasn't too expensive. Shouldn't be hard to figure out should it? :)

useless.jpg

Pretty much never used a Mamiya afd 645 I bought, just sold it on, so hopefully someone will get to use it. Think it may have cost me a bit more than your ground spike?
Matt

Long time no see!

It's a spike for monopod… made by Manfrotto… pretty sure! :cool:

Yup monopod spike.. did seem like a good idea.. but 2 yrs? I think later and never seen the ligth of day :)

Off camera sync cord.

It's tiny, not long enough for it to be useful and these days with Wireless ETTL, it is even more useless.

I Kickstarted MIOP's mobile trigger. All looked great in the campaign and I thought of a few scenarios I would use it in. However its somewhere in the garage still in its box. Never seen a hotshoe in its life.

Flash triggers on a wim and never used them, sold them recently.

A few film cameras I'm trying to get round to using them slowly but they look good on display though!

Bought a TurnsPro at the Photography Show last year, still not taken it out of the box!

I bought a Tamron 17-50 2.8 off here.. never used! Ended up juts leaving the 18-135 STM on the body all the time! Shame as its a cracking sharp lens!

I used to have a device that was a retractable steel cable with one end having a tripod thread on. The idea was that you'd screw one end into the bottom of the camera and the other end, you stood on. As you hold the camera, you pull against the cable and it steadies it dramatically. Did work. Never used it.

Bought a hide clamp. Idea was that this was screwed to the shelf in a hide, then the centre column is removed from your tripod and put in the clamp. A whole lot of messing. Never took it out. Then gave up going to hides/birding and sold it.

Motion, infrared, sound, light trigger set... currently in the classifieds.. I had big dreams lol.

Although am thinking now I might have a go with some egg smashing this weekend...

Motion, infrared, sound, light trigger set... currently in the classifieds.. I had big dreams lol.

Although am thinking now I might have a go with some egg smashing this weekend...
I had one of those. Wonderful fun. Eggs, small cans of mixer drinks, plastic glasses full of fizzy pop. All smashed superbly for the camera. Great fun using an air pistol too. Give it a whirl. But don't do it on the lounge carpet. Garage is best.

Several cheap brand-X accessories that seemed like a good idea when browsing ebay - wireless shutter remote, a large (too large) foldable reflector, and one of those LED panels I've only played with at home.

A very cute looking wired, screw in remote for my XPro1. Never got used. I’ve long sold the Fuji but the cable is still in my bag. My Nikon nifty-fifty never left the house either. Bought it because I though I should have one....

A very cute looking wired, screw in remote for my XPro1.
Is that the one that screws into the shutter button? If so do you want to sell it ? The one I use on my X-T2 is getting a bit battered - I use it a lot.

Strange concept to me. Perhaps it is because I am basically mean, but I cannot understand buying something I am not sure I want/need.

Have I ever bought and never used? No!

Massive reflector.

I underuse all my ‘studio’ gear, but the 6x4 reflector has never been used.

A couple of lenses I bought as backups but never needed then sold. I currently have a Sony a7 performing backup wedding duties that hasn't fired a frame, all being well I will sell it before needing to use it.

Also, a Renaultsport Clio that was written off in front of me as I went to collect it, 200 mile round trip! Got my money back on that one.

Last edited:
Bought a green Manfrotto 30L Off Road Hiking Backpack and never used it!! Just sat there. Will get around to actually selling it one day.

Think that is he worst part, not that I bought it and don’t use it, but that I haven’t even bothered to sell it yet!

Back