HDEW CAMERAS any good?

Edit My Images
No
Ok im buying a 5d mk3 & 24-105 lens, was going to get from wex but alot of people on here are saying use Hdew Cameras. I just want peace of mind really that they are a genuine company etc as its alot of money to spend £2500. Just looking to see what responses i get regarding them. Whos used them and how would you rate them. I know there grey imports but im ok with that and come with 3 year uk warranty.

Thanks kerry.

You could try reading the 12 pages on them in Shopping, suppliers and bargains.

Heather

I've had 3 high-end lenses from them - perfect!

I got my 5d3 and my 70-200 2.8 from them. And my daughter's DSLR. Very happy with their service and prices and would use again.

Iv used them a few time and had great service every time.
Rob.

Hi, I used them in January for the purchase of a D800. No problems but I had to contact them for a VAT receipt. Received it very quickly and Nikon accepted the warranty registration without any problem.

I bought a D7000 from them in January. I was recently looking to part ex the camera with MPB and others and they wouldn't do it unless I had a UK VAT receipt. Quick email to HDEW and VAT receipt issued. Excellent service from them. Will definitely buy from them again.

Why doesn't HDEW issue a VAT receipt automatically? They seem very willing to provide one on request, but why is this not standard practise?

If VAT is paid on all purchases, then it seems strange that they don't do this. It's a very important piece of documentation and the main thing that, apparently, separates HDEW from the other grey importers :thinking:

Why doesn't HDEW issue a VAT receipt automatically? They seem very willing to provide one on request, but why is this not standard practise?

If VAT is paid on all purchases, then it seems strange that they don't do this. It's a very important piece of documentation and the main thing that, apparently, separates HDEW from the other grey importers :thinking:

Hmmm.

I can think of reasons why small retailers might not send VAT invoices out with the goods, and I can think of different reasons why large retailers might not. I've experienced both; the usual arrangement is that the invoice is subsequently sent to the customer's billing address. But for a big ticket item like a camera which has a warranty, it's fairly obvious that every buyer is going to want a receipt. So why would HDEW not send it automatically?

Do they send a receipt which says "This is not a VAT invoice", and then only send the actual VAT invoice on request? Or what?

Hmmm.

I can think of reasons why small retailers might not send VAT invoices out with the goods, and I can think of different reasons why large retailers might not. I've experienced both; the usual arrangement is that the invoice is subsequently sent to the customer's billing address. But for a big ticket item like a camera which has a warranty, it's fairly obvious that every buyer is going to want a receipt. So why would HDEW not send it automatically?

Do they send a receipt which says "This is not a VAT invoice", and then only send the actual VAT invoice on request? Or what?

Don't know if you've seen this Stewart, example of a VAT receipt supplied on request, but it still doesn't answer the question http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=5278412&postcount=680

Back