HDEW CAMERAS anyone used them?

You stood a fair chance of that happening with WEX or Park as well.

Breaking up kits is standard practice because there is a greater demand for body only purchases.

In fact it is more likely to happen with an authorised dealer because they have to carry specified levels of kit.

Well after reading through this thread, and speaking with a friend who has also ordered her camera through HDEW, I have placed an order this afternoon for my new body and lens. I am told it should arrive mid to late this week, and have already had two comms emails confirming the order and status.

All seems well so far, will report back further once the new toys arrive :)

another positive for HDEW from me. ordered a 7d mkii on the 20th and it was delivered on the 23rd. only gripe was they reduced the price by £100 just after i ordered.
i complained by email and they offered to refund me the £100
EDIT: the refund has now reached my account

Last edited:
Thinking of ordering an Olympus E-M10. HDEW are a good £60 cheaper than the cheapest non grey uk stockest. Not sure if its worth the risk. Anybody know what Olympus' policy is regarding greys.

Last edited:
Well my 5d mk3 arrived, well packaged, no issues at all, well one small one which related to a pricing issue but a quick phone call and they were more than happy to resolve.

Based on my experience so far, I would definitely recommend them, easy to deal with, friendly and helpful to speak to on the phone and of course my toys were a very good price. No doubt buy from them again next time I need a lens or body.

Ordered from them again. Been about a year since I last used them and service was just as good as always.

A new HDEW customer experiance. Bought just before Easter a d750 for a good price. Camera arrived short time after Easter. Everything looks good only packing was not perfect.
Now I plan to go outside Europe for a longer trip. To avoid trouble at customs I checked the rules and possibilities. In Germany , I think also in GB, it is possible to go at the Airport to the customs office and show the invoice with serial number and the camera. Then you get a document what confirmed that you carried the device out of EU . But on my invoice was no serial number. As I checked the original Nikon Box I could find a total different Serial number,not matching with my camera serial number. AND what makes me absloutely unhappy: the CE sticker (necessary if you sell something in Europe ) is not present, instead there is an AEC Sticker (which is valid for Kasachstan and Bela Russia). I can smell a lot of trouble for the future if I am coming back to Germany, as well as i enter another country with an unfriendly customs officer.
I wrote to HDEW ( very well known for fast and good customer contact)...... I wrote already a strong comment, but..
Right in that moment I've got an answer: I have to send back the Camera in original box. UPS will collect it. Ok, i do so. Hopefully I will be happy after some days. I'll keep you informed.

But on my invoice was no serial number.
That is absolutely normal, not just for HDEW but for all retailers. Over the last few years I have bought nearly 1,000 lenses from over dozen retailers and it is very rare indeed for an invoice to list the serial number.
As I checked the original Nikon Box I could find a total different Serial number,not matching with my camera serial number.
That is very very wrong. What on earth are they doing?

The box and camera serials not matching does seem very strange. No serial on the invoice is normal as invoices are normally printed off as orders come in, so they won't know which serial you are getting. But that does seem a bit of a strange thing to have going on with the mismatching serials.

I'll check to see if its the same with my D7200.

edit:

Looking at my D7200, the serial on camera and boxes match. So this isn't something they do with every camera. The box and camera are also CE marked.

Last edited:
as hdew "import" there cameras it could one of two things. ive visted there offices to pick up my 60D and stock had literally come in that day . as part of there stock check in the office ( which had 5 people working there all very friendly . made me coffee with some nice biscuits to dunk in ) they were unpacking every single item and checking for any issues. dont know if its there normal procedure but they had around a dozen canon 60D's unboxed and were going over them before packing them back in. so it could be that one got repacked in the wrong box amidst the chaos ( good that they check though ). or as its a grey import and serial numbers are registered for region in question it may the boxes have "dummy" serials in case of any kind of checking.or a mix up in the first instance in china.
i guess the easiest solution would be for HDEW to send you a printed invoice by email and for them to put the camera serial code on it ( just supply it to them from your camera ).
that should suffice unless your planning to take the camera packaging to germany too.

I read this thread with interest and have decided to order a new lens (my first in years!) from HDEW, so thank you to all who have contributed.

I also spoke to them on the phone before the order and they were extremely helpful and will do all they can to get the lens to me for a trip at the end of the week.

I'll add my 2p feedback later...looking forward to the arrival of a Tokina AT-X 11-20mm F2.8 PRO DX

Last edited:
As an update, I ordered Monday and the lens was with me today (Friday) even though the stock was not in the UK.
With excellent communication in between, you can't ask for more than that!
Very happy. :)

Back