HDEW or Panamoz

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all.
Buying a 6D body tomorrow. Going grey import with warranty. Anyone better than HDEW to consider?

I've bought from both, but assuming similar money I'd stick with the UK supplier for extra consumer protection and warranty convenience rather than the risk potential complications and delays if something should go wrong in the future. I don't care whether the goods are grey or not. They come from the same production line.

I used HDEW recently but only as Panamoz didn't have stock. Panamoz are cheaper generally, but at least you can speak to HDEW.

I have bought from HDEW with no problems.

I also find that HDEW offer a better price point usually

I'd go for whichever is cheaper. Both have great reputations.

Panamoz is much cheer if you get it with the 24-105 f4l. HDEW is cheaper for body only unless you pay via BT with panamoz then body only is slightly cheaper there.

I personally bought my 6d and 24-105 from panamoz by BT. Delivered to my door in about 4 days from ordering

I'd go Panamoz every time if they are cheaper than Hdew, I used both companies and they both provide great service.

What kind of warranty to Panamoz provide?

I have read that HDEW provide a third party warranty that provides repairs at a Canon approved repair centre in the UK. Do Panamoz do the same?

What kind of warranty to Panamoz provide?

I have read that HDEW provide a third party warranty that provides repairs at a Canon approved repair centre in the UK. Do Panamoz do the same?
Panamoz offer a 3yr warranty, they do seem to pay for a UK repair but I suppose in theory they could ask you to return to HK if needed. But they seem very good on warranty repairs from reports here.

A few of my friends have used both without any problems and received a first class service :)

• Got my 6D from Hdew, no issues and nice and friendly on the phone.

Other places to consider are digitalrev & onestop-digital... these are the 2 cheapest I've found recently for grey imports.... or rather, for grey imports where the risk of duty fees are covered.

Another vote for HDEW,got my 6D there.:):clap:

Have found both good with panamoz slight better in terms of after care takes forever for hdew to respond to emails when they bother to respond at all to be fair you can lift the phone and give them a call though.

I'll give it to Panamoz, their communications is great - very quick and courteous responses within office hours.

My first Oly EM1 turned up with a fault and they arranged for it to be picked up the next day to go back to HK for a replacement. Their original suggestion was for me to send it to Oly and they pay the repair bill but I figured that despite it having to return to HK and back it would be quicker to get a new one and they obliged instantly. (shame I forgot to remove a good SD card before sending it back :LOL:)

However, between Panamoz and HDEW I'd probably just go with the cheapest although the positive experience with Panamoz would engender some loyalty if there wasn't much in it.

I bought my original EOS7D from HDEW and everything was fine. I've just ordered a 7D Mk2 from Panamoz, mainly because their current price is £989, as opposed to £1079 from HDEW.
We'll wait and see how they perform ... ;)

I've used both Hdew for my bodies and Panamoz for my lenses, but where spot on.

Just purchased a 5D3 from Panamoz on Sunday. Waiting for an email today to give me a delivery date.

Notice that nobody has mentioned Simply Electronics. The 7DII is £886. A 1D x for 3K - had to buy one at that price. I've bought lenses from them in the past and have had no problems with communication. My 100 - 400 had a problem after 11 months and was picked up, repaired and delivered with no hassle. HDEW are also efficient and are contactable in English. Panamoz I have had no dealings with.

I received my 7D Mk2 from Panamoz within a week and everything looks fine. I've only shot a few shots since receiving it, mostly under low light conditions at 3200 ISO and it's definitely an improvement in noise compared to the Mk 1. Happy so far! :)

Last edited:
Notice that nobody has mentioned Simply Electronics. The 7DII is £886. A 1D x for 3K - had to buy one at that price. I've bought lenses from them in the past and have had no problems with communication. My 100 - 400 had a problem after 11 months and was picked up, repaired and delivered with no hassle. HDEW are also efficient and are contactable in English. Panamoz I have had no dealings with.
I have mentioned Simply Electronics in another thread. My experience with them was simply appalling. I had to wait two months for a refund on a 50mm f1.4 lens that they couldn't supply, despite advertising it as being in stock and instantly debiting my credit card.
This was a couple of years ago - maybe they have improved but I'm not about try and find out. :(

My limited experience with HDEW and Panamoz has been fine. :)

Last edited:
got my 7dmk2 from www.portusdigital.com ordered on a Monday, I was using it on the Friday. Great service and good communication via email

Just purchased a 5D3 from Panamoz on Sunday. Waiting for an email today to give me a delivery date.

All gone well Tim? wanting to get a D810 from them, just need to extra push....

Anyone had a body repaired or changed under warranty after a year with either of these sellers?

The D810 at Panamoz at the moment is 1620 via credit card and 1775 via credit card with HDEW SO 155 quid difference - I have called Panamoz a couple of times and they dont seem to answer the phone whereas HDEW do. Just wondering what it will be like in the event of a failure and how long it will all take to get sorted.

Anyone had a body repaired or changed under warranty after a year with either of these sellers?

The D810 at Panamoz at the moment is 1620 via credit card and 1775 via credit card with HDEW SO 155 quid difference - I have called Panamoz a couple of times and they dont seem to answer the phone whereas HDEW do. Just wondering what it will be like in the event of a failure and how long it will all take to get sorted.

Completely forgot about this thread. Too excited and busy playing with my new camera. :D

Yea, all went well. Arrived on Thursday morning, so by the time the payment went through it was 3 days to delivery. Dead impressed with their service. I haven't had anything repaired myself from them, But I have a friend who had to send his camera back due to a failure after 30 months and he just had a brand new one sent back to him. Received the new camera 5 working days after sending the initial complaint. Can't really go wrong with that in my eyes. I know some people would say that it shouldn't have failed in the first place, but I think with these types of sophisticated electronics you're bound to get a few slip the net.

Have a Nikon D7000 from HDEW which had a fault after around two months. I called HDEW who were very pleasant and emailed me before the end of the phone call details of where to send the camera. It was a £150 repair and all very civilised so very impressed and would look there again if I were buying. :)

I've used both, prefer HDEW purely because you can talk to someone in the UK and they'll provide a VAT receipt on request. Definitely recommend either, as long as your happy to wait a few days for the goods.

Have a Nikon D7000 from HDEW which had a fault after around two months. I called HDEW who were very pleasant and emailed me before the end of the phone call details of where to send the camera. It was a £150 repair and all very civilised so very impressed and would look there again if I were buying. :)

The test of these companies is not just the price as many have said, but the way in which they conduct themselves when you need to claim on the extravagant 3 year warranty! I have however started to think that someone somewhere is making a packet on these cameras there is at least 700 quid difference in some cases when looking at UK prices. and Nikon UK will only give 1 year warranty, and a free 1 year with Dom&Gen currently if registered. I am assuming that this is a 1 year deal from them for Nikon just to get the chance for the end user to extend it with them at a price!

How can the likes of others do the body for 700 less and then include 3 year cover and by all accounts thus far make good on warranty claims.......the margins must support it even after the 700 reduction.

I have called Panamoz a couple of times and they dont seem to answer the phone whereas HDEW do. Just wondering what it will be like in the event of a failure and how long it will all take to get sorted.
I too have never had a telephone reply from them.
Does anyone out there have any experience of returning equipment to Panamoz?
I'm hoping that my new EOS7D Mk2 will be fine, but it would be reassuring to know that Panamoz will respond if there are any problems.

Last edited:
I too have never had a telephone reply from them.
Does anyone out there have any experience of returning equipment to Panamoz?
I'm hoping that my new EOS7D Mk2 will be fine, but it would be reassuring to know that Panamoz will respond if there are any problems.

Found this Peter.....many happy people https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.panamoz.com

Im about to pull the trigger TBH cant see too much wrong with them, I will say their email response is excellent so far!

Panamoz every time for me

I am sure there are posts on TP where people have returned faulty gear to Panamoz and had good service.

I bought my first D750 from Panamoz late November 2014. After a weeks use or so, there was debris in the viewfinder. I contacted Tina @ Panamoz and she arranged collection the next day by UPS. She then contacted me 3 days later saying the camera had arrived in HK. As it was getting close to Christmas by then, she couldn't guarantee a delivery before Christmas so I opted for a refund and the money was back in my account the same day. So 4 days from raising the issue the money was back in my account. I haven't had that good of service when ordering online from companies in this country.

I decided as it was close to Christmas, I bought a secondhand D7100 in this country to tie me over and for Nikon to sort out the flare issue with the D750. I have since purchased a new D750 from Panamoz and it's a newer model and not affected by the flare issue when checking the serial numbers, as Nikon called all stock back I believe and there was a delay of D750 for sale in the world?

I have now bought three cameras from them 2 x D750 and an XT1 and I have had them all delivered within 4 working days.

As for contacting them by phone, they are in HK so remember the time difference. Myself, I have only dealt with them by email.

I have also bough two D7000 from HDEW and to be honest I was messed about with there courier comapny at the time, which was UK Mail. They failed to deliver twice when planned, which was a pain waiting in all day at the time. I believe they have changed from Uk Mail now, but I havent bothered buying any more cameras from them as Panamoz have been cheaper.

Last edited:
Back