weekly Helen C's 52 for 23. Week 52 - Favourite shot of 2023

Nice dreamy shot Helen. Is that the usual colour of the leaf or has Fall begun to set in?

Great colours on the leaf and background but it reminds me Autumn is nearly upon us:).

A lovely colourful shot Helen :)

Some lovely colours in there

If you'd not said you'd run out of time I'd never have guessed.

It's a beautiful shot. Love the light and the depth of field.

Lovely seasonal capture that works well in B&W, I probably wouldn't have considered B&W for that image so it taught me something.

Nice dreamy shot Helen. Is that the usual colour of the leaf or has Fall begun to set in?
@Darkslinger Thanks. The leaves are that colour all summer and are quite translucent so look superb when backlit.
Great colours on the leaf and background but it reminds me Autumn is nearly upon us:).
@nog It is not far off but think of the colours when the leaves start to turn :)

Better late than never. Not much urbanity in rural Suffolk... and was missing a car for some of the week which was highly unhelpful!

PW6A5872 by Helen Cannon, on Flickr

On my travels at the moment so a quick phone shot of the place I grew up... aka (following a damning tv documentary decades ago) Sleepy Hollow!

Goole.jpg

Back from my travels up norf! You certainly can't get more solid that Whitby Harbour wall! Not much of a sunset but the early evening colour was lovely.

PW6A6111 by Helen Cannon, on Flickr

Fab shot Helen. Hope the steps didn’t hurt too much :)

That's a lovely evening image Helen, very calm and peaceful looking.

Ooh! Lurverly!

Fab shot Helen. Hope the steps didn’t hurt too much :)
@-Oy- By the end of that day I'd clocked up over 10 miles... the steps were the final straw :oops: :$

Excellent shot Helen. I really like that.

That certainly fits the brief, and a really nice picture

Very nice, looks like a lovely evening.

Urban - love the fact that you had to get your thinking cap on for that one. Lovely colours and great (gate) framing.

Hollow - not sure I'd have got it without the explanation, but makes sense.

Solid - another stunner.

That is a lovely shot Helen, a wall-hanger!
Thanks for the kind comments guys. Much appreciated.

I should have had lots to choose from but am currently isolating as a contact recently tested covid positive. Waiting to test tomorrow and hopefully will be clear!
So, a local shot.

PW6A6346 by Helen Cannon, on Flickr

I like that shot - a nice example of the gap between things sometimes being important. Nice conversion.

Hope the test is clear.

Nice looking gate with a bit of wood grain showing and the round boil heads, looks good against the soft BG.
The brace on the left is a bit short though?

Nice one Helen. Another theme closed off :)

I love the editing on this, the wood texture and grain really pops out.

Hope you're ok

It's a nice one Helen. Simple and well-composed. The shallow DOF really suits it well.

Solid - lovely exposure and I like the shapes and the way you put one of the lighthouses in the center of the gap.
Gates - great shot, simpe and effective.

I like that shot - a nice example of the gap between things sometimes being important. Nice conversion.

Hope the test is clear.
@Boots Thanks... all clear thank goodness!
Nice looking gate with a bit of wood grain showing and the round boil heads, looks good against the soft BG.
The brace on the left is a bit short though?
@nog Thanks... I'll send your comment to the landowner :)
Nice one Helen. Another theme closed off :)

Nice B&W gate shot Helen.

I love the editing on this, the wood texture and grain really pops out.

Hope you're ok
@Crotal Bell Thanks... all clear!
It's a nice one Helen. Simple and well-composed. The shallow DOF really suits it well.

Solid - lovely exposure and I like the shapes and the way you put one of the lighthouses in the center of the gap.
Gates - great shot, simpe and effective.

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment. Much appreciated.

That's right up my street, we have a few comical names in my local Cemetery, I'll have to take some pics and share them on here.

:D Puerile? I'm guilty as charged.
Great texture showing on the stone.

Ha! I do like a nice wander around a cemetery.

That's right up my street, we have a few comical names in my local Cemetery, I'll have to take some pics and share them on here.

LOL, at least his second middle name wasn't "meat"...

I do like that. Makes me laugh too. But then I AM childish.

Poor Robert, bet he dreaded using his full name :) .
Thanks for the comments guys.. glad you enjoyed it!

The “clutter” really adds to the character of the picture, feels quite emotive. Nice

Back