weekly Helen C's 52 for 23. Week 52 - Favourite shot of 2023

A cracker of a shot Helen. The colours and reflections are terrific and the exposure looks spot on.

This works well Helen. B/W suits the image.
They have good clear water in Norfolk.

Love this shot, looks like a heavy fog has descended. Ahh that's what they are called, plenty around my neck of the woods.

Last edited:
I'd say opaque - but whatever - it's a fine shot! :)

Think you were right choosing B+W for the image as suits the scene, can't imagine a lot of colour in the scene. Does look like fog or mist, long exposure suited it & worked well

As above, great mono conversion, suits the theme but I also think it is a rather beautiful image.

Very atmospheric, very nice.

very nice - I have long exposures on my list of things to do again this year!

Just long enough to make the movement and the misty effect - but still keeping some sense of the wave movement

Another great capture Helen.
This works well Helen. B/W suits the image.
They have good clear water in Norfolk.
very nice work Helen
Think you were right choosing B+W for the image as suits the scene, can't imagine a lot of colour in the scene. Does look like fog or mist, long exposure suited it & worked well
As above, great mono conversion, suits the theme but I also think it is a rather beautiful image.
Very nice Helen. Very atmospheric!
Beautiful shot Helen, a wall hanger for sure.
Very atmospheric, very nice.
very nice - I have long exposures on my list of things to do again this year!

Just long enough to make the movement and the misty effect - but still keeping some sense of the wave movement
Cracker of a mono shot Helen, I'd even say quite stunningly beautiful.
Another lovely image Helen. Works nicely in B/W.
Interesting Shot Helen, B&W suits it so well.

Pete
Thank you all for taking the time to drop by and comment.

Tidying a winter garden took over this week so not much snapping time. However, thick fog and hoar frost this morning tempted me out. The shape of the trees against the fog really stood out - usually there is a backdrop of more trees so no chance of isolation.

PW6A2918 by Helen Cannon, on Flickr

That's a cracking shot Helen. I'd maybe be tempted to reduce the dark shadow bottom right as I find my eyes being drawn towards it.

That's a beauty Helen! :clap:

Nice shot Helen

Simple and effective. Lovely light and the fog behind makes a great background

Another cracking shot Helen such subtle colours.

When I saw this on the 52 for 2023 thread I knew it was one of yours, lovely shot

I love the transparent shot, makes a change to see such an image in mono.
Wonderful tree, gorgeous lighting and the mist really adds atmosphere. You've nailed it this week.

Last edited:
Tells a story of a lonely tree in the wilderness. Of course it's probably a fog-bound plant in a suburban garden for all I know but don't spoil the thought :)

That's a cracking shot Helen. I'd maybe be tempted to reduce the dark shadow bottom right as I find my eyes being drawn towards it.
Thanks @Barrysprout - I tend not to edit anything out but will have a play with reducing the darkness of the shadow.
Lovely shot Helen. Perfecto!
Excellent shot
That's a beauty Helen! :clap:
Nice shot Helen
Simple and effective. Lovely light and the fog behind makes a great background
Lovely soft light, isolates the tree nicely.
Another cracking shot Helen such subtle colours.
I love the transparent shot, makes a change to see such an image in mono.
Wonderful tree, gorgeous lighting and the mist really adds atmosphere. You've nailed it this week.
Beautiful capture
Cracking shot of the tree Helen, would love to see what it looks like in B&W as well.
Cracking Sot Helen, the light is beautiful.
Tells a story of a lonely tree in the wilderness. Of course it's probably a fog-bound plant in a suburban garden for all I know but don't spoil the thought :)
Thanks @ShinySideUp - it was actually taken (slightly off piste) in a field that is part of something called the "Wilderness Reserve" - a bit of a manufactured wilderness tbh!
Great capture and great timing.
Beautiful light.

Once again thank you all for the kind comments - struggling with the theme this week so don't hold your breath for anything vaguely interesting :D

Back