HelenC's 52 for 2020: Week 52 - Decorate and finished..

Groan I'm thinking:
Both types of music... Country and Western
Nice bit of thinking to have the vignette on both shots pretty equal so they meet in the middle.

Last edited:
Groan I'm thinking.
Nice bit of thinking to have the vignette on both shots pretty equal so they meet in the middle.

Bit of barrel scraping going on here today I'm afraid!

Guessy McGuessFace - you are correct :clap:

Splendid horn of the shoe :D

My go-to for this one would have been rape fields edged with cow parsley at this time of year but it would be a bit repetitive after last week.
This plant was given to me by a friend last year as a cutting from one her father had grown. Living in a small, dark cottage I don't keep house plants so it was severely neglected on a shaded windowsill.. until this happened!

IMG_6989
by Helen Cannon

Nice and colourful Helen!

Focus looks a little off - the flower bottom left seems to be the one in focus.

I don't keep house plants so it was severely neglected
Some plants seem to thrive on neglect don't they?
Very colourful Helen :)

Music
I'm afraid I had no idea what it was, so had to look at LC2 spoiler, but that's no reflection on your photo, just my inability to work these things out.

A very colourful Clivia You've got there. They don't mind a bit of neglect and are quite happy (if not prefer) to be pot bound. They rarely need potting up.

Nice and colourful Helen!

Focus looks a little off - the flower bottom left seems to be the one in focus.
Thanks Dave. I think the whole image is a little soft... I was being lazy and used my kit lens which is very old and not the "sharpest tool in the box" these days. Either that or my eyesight was having an off day which wouldn't be surprising!

Wow - that's a lot of colour! Nice shot.

Lol, seems Chris beat me to my comment about neglect on this shot Helen.
Very colourful, bang on theme, nicely composed with the leaves framing the blooms.

Some plants seem to thrive on neglect don't they?
Very colourful Helen :)

Colourful, you did well as reds can be tricky to photograph on flowers.

Nice plant and flowers Helen. Colour are excellent.
Pete

I can only agree with what’s been said lovely colour rendition

Lovely colours Helen. I might have to get one if they thrive on neglect.

Thanks folks. It certainly is colourful - bit of a shock as its been totally uninspiring for the past two years :LOL:

A very colourful Clivia You've got there. They don't mind a bit of neglect and are quite happy (if not prefer) to be pot bound. They rarely need potting up.
Thanks Dominic... glad it'll be happy as my window sills won't take a bigger pot!

Lovely image Helen love the vibrance of the flowers. Nice composition too.

Had a bit of a distracting week so not much time to think about this one. However, the sheds in my garden used to be the outside loos for the row of five estate workers cottages built at the turn of the 19th century... if only a door could talk I think this one would have a few tales to tell!
Thought about converting to black and white for technique but I do love the faded colour of the door.

SomethingOld
by Helen Cannon

Like your old shot, think you are right about the colour of the door, pity about the modern light switches.

Your door image is very nice, I like the use of the shadow and the wisteria sets it off nicely. I think you were right to keep it colour, I agree about the colour of the door.

Thought about converting to black and white for technique but I do love the faded colour of the door.
Plus of course it would take something away from the Wisteria.
It works well just as it is Helen (y)

You were right to leave it in colour not sure why you stood slightly to the right of the door and not directly in front

Gorgeous image, so intriguing. I like that you stood off centre... it adds a sense of mystery!

Colour for sure. If I'm picky, I would probably have cloned the light switch out.

Like your old shot, think you are right about the colour of the door, pity about the modern light switches.
Colour for sure. If I'm picky, I would probably have cloned the light switch out.

Thanks guys... unfortunately there is a 1000 litre oil tank in that shed so electrics have to be safe and secure outside.. and my personal policy is for minimal image manipulation.

You were right to leave it in colour not sure why you stood slightly to the right of the door and not directly in front
Gorgeous image, so intriguing. I like that you stood off centre... it adds a sense of mystery!

Thanks for the comments.. the reason I stood off centre was to hide the massive dandelion weeds that shouldn't be there :LOL::LOL:

Nice Loo Helen, colour definitely works better, the shadows work very well to give interest

Back