Hello Brighton, short movie with time lapses and drone footage.

I enjoyed that, thank you

Very nice indeed but not too sure about the enhanced colouring of some shots ( a personal thing only).

The colouring is a bit off and tbh it's way too long! I got bored after two minutes or so. The music is far too pedestrian. There are some good shots but not engaging enough to last the full ten minutes.

Reactions: 4wd
Very nice indeed but not too sure about the enhanced colouring of some shots ( a personal thing only).
Thanks, I am glad you liked it.
Yes, the colouring is a personal thing.
If it was was a commissioned work I would use a different scheme and more natural colors.
But over the years I have experimented a lot and I have noticed that for general public I sell much more with a more "lively" post production

The colouring is a bit off and tbh it's way too long! I got bored after two minutes or so. The music is far too pedestrian. There are some good shots but not engaging enough to last the full ten minutes.
In his day, many people disliked Picasso... :)

I have to agree with @Muzzieman - I absolutely adore Brighton and take my kids down there every few weeks for a wander BUT 10 minutes is too long and I found myself skipping forward.

Good start though, take the positives (y) looking forward to another

I realy enjoyed the video certainly shows what Brighton is all about , only comments from me are the 3 harsh transitions and the repetition of the piano soundtrack

Good stuff Sir

Brighton's my second home really so nice to see.

Some parts worked really well together - then dancers and the music matched well, as did the mix of drone / slo mo.
At first I thought it was going to be something like a day in the life of Brighton, starting at West Pier heading off to the marina in a logical story, but for me there were too many disjointed cuts to work.

I'd agree with the comments other's made about the length - I lasted 2 min before I started to skip around. I may have lasted 3, more if there was a narrative emerging I wanted to see the end of.
Colour - it's not so much the processing, more the inconsistency for me.
I didn't like cutting the dismantling of the wheel in with the night shots of it running - it didn't work in my head, a partially disassembled wheel running again!
Pace - it was too pedestrian.

I have to agree with @Muzzieman - I absolutely adore Brighton and take my kids down there every few weeks for a wander BUT 10 minutes is too long and I found myself skipping forward.

I knew 10 minutes is too long, but I wanted to follow YouTube rules (at least 10 minutes.
Of course 4 minutes would have been much, much better and soooo easy to do

I was afraid it was going to bee too long, but wanted to follow YouTube rules.
The next one will be shorter, 4-5 minutes for a project of this kind is probably best

10 min is only a 'rule' if you want to get paid the higher rate for adverts. More of an exploit really and a bad idea as just means more wasted time as people just look to extend their content.

10 min is only a 'rule' if you want to get paid the higher rate for adverts. More of an exploit really and a bad idea as just means more wasted time as people just look to extend their content.
I perfectly agree with you, but once YouTube makes the rules, it is best to follow them.
Dura lex, sed lex :)

A big thank you to all people who enjoyed it.
I got the message that 10 minute is too long.
Probably the next one I make will be 5 or 6 minutes.
I hope YouTube won't kill me for that

Some nice bits in there, as others have said far too long. Do you hold a PFCO? Some of the Aerial footage..........Hmmmm
All the footage in this video is more than one year old. The PFCO did not even exist at the time. And anyway it is for commercial work, this is not.
At the time I used to fly my drone, in the UK the guidelines (I underline GUIDELINES, not rules) were as follows:
Don't fly above 100 mt, or 300 mt in distance (so to keep the bird on sight), 50 mt from closest building, don't fly over cars, streets or gatherings of people.
I always respected these GUIDELINES.
Apparently now they introduced a new GUIDELINE that in "built up areas" you need to be more than 150 meters from any building. I have not taken the bird out since.
If this is really the case I will sell my drone. There is really no interest under these conditions.
Thousands of people are killed daily by cars, I have not yet heard of anyone getting a bruise from a drone...

A year ago it was a PFAW, I know because I had/have one before at the last renewal it turned into a PFCO.

They were never GUIDELINES, they were, and still are LAW under the ANO (Air Navigation Order). With a PFCO/PFAW and an aircraft under 7kgs, the 150m from a congested area is lifted, and the 30m on take off and 50m in operation are standard permissions. The congested area part has always been in the ANO, so without a PFAW/PFCO you cannot fly within 150m of a congested area. The 400ft (122m) Limit, is again the standard but is not fully restrictive as you can go above with ATC approval and contact etc.

I have seen people get seriously hurt from models over the years (I have been building and fying all types for over 25 years). A recent and close by one, was a toddler losing his sight when a Drone being flown at home crashed into their face..... It was in the Worcestershire area IIRC.

Well I have to say, thank you very much for that. Living in and being from Brighton most of my life, I loved it so thanks again (y)
I am glad you liked it.
Nice town, great people, cool vibes!
I had a great time there

A year ago it was a PFAW, I know because I had/have one before at the last renewal it turned into a PFCO.

They were never GUIDELINES, they were, and still are LAW under the ANO (Air Navigation Order). With a PFCO/PFAW and an aircraft under 7kgs, the 150m from a congested area is lifted, and the 30m on take off and 50m in operation are standard permissions. The congested area part has always been in the ANO, so without a PFAW/PFCO you cannot fly within 150m of a congested area. The 400ft (122m) Limit, is again the standard but is not fully restrictive as you can go above with ATC approval and contact etc.

I have seen people get seriously hurt from models over the years (I have been building and fying all types for over 25 years). A recent and close by one, was a toddler losing his sight when a Drone being flown at home crashed into their face..... It was in the Worcestershire area IIRC.
Hi Andy, I am really interested in what you are saying, although I don't understand 100% (I am not native English speaker, as someone might have noticed :)).
I would really appreciate if you could develop.
"under 7kgs the 150m from congested area is lifted". that would be great news for me, as it would mean that I can keep flying my drone in London. Although I believe the 150m is not from "congested area", but from a "built up" areas.
I do not fly over congested areas, and for me a congested area is a place where there is a big number of people (football matches, rock concerts and so on). I never flew over people anyway.
I thought that the 150m GUIDELINE was for "built up areas", which makes you think about towns, but again, if it was a rule and not a guideline, they would have specified, like "it is not allowed to fly in London, Manchester, and so on". But the concept of "built up" area has never been specified (one house every square miles, 10 houses, 1000 houses?, What about parks in London?)

The CAA don't exactly define the 'congested area' but in other docs it can be anywhere that a light aircraft couldn't safely land, or any area where there may be a congregation or populice of people etc, so any built up area or anywhere where people have congregated.

Having a PFCO and the flight being of commercial nature, with an aircraft under 7kgs means that flights are allowed witihin these congested areas, but the 150m always applies for Hobby Flights. None of these are GUIDELINES they are LAW under the ANO (Air Navigation Order), the Droncode is just the laws in the ANO put into a more easy to understand form, much like the Highway Code is an easier to understand form of the Road Traffic Act.

In London their is very limited places available for the hobbiest to fly, if it didn't have a camera it's a totally different case though. The majority of parks in London have local bylaws that prohibit model/drone flight.

Glad i don't live in Brighton it looks like Blackpool with its cheap type entertainments. Come to Bexhill on Sea where people are more civilised and quieter .

The CAA don't exactly define the 'congested area' but in other docs it can be anywhere that a light aircraft couldn't safely land, or any area where there may be a congregation or populice of people etc, so any built up area or anywhere where people have congregated.

Having a PFCO and the flight being of commercial nature, with an aircraft under 7kgs means that flights are allowed witihin these congested areas, but the 150m always applies for Hobby Flights. None of these are GUIDELINES they are LAW under the ANO (Air Navigation Order), the Droncode is just the laws in the ANO put into a more easy to understand form, much like the Highway Code is an easier to understand form of the Road Traffic Act.

In London their is very limited places available for the hobbiest to fly, if it didn't have a camera it's a totally different case though. The majority of parks in London have local bylaws that prohibit model/drone flight.
Many thanks for the excellent explaination

Back