Hello from West Palm Beach, Florida

Edit My Images
No
Hello -

My name is Rebecca. I'm a displaced Oregonian living in West Palm Beach, Florida. My husband and I and our dog Rufus (a soft-coated wheaten terrior) have lived here six years. Florida is completely flat so scenic shots are in short supply unless I take loads of beach scenes. So, I have concentrated on flowers and objects d'art and birds (seasonally).

Photography has always been my first love although I have tried many other outlets to feed my creativity. I'm looking foward to participating in this forum, sharing images, viewing images and learning more about the craft.

If you wish you can view my photos online at www.duckprintsgallery.ifp3.com

Hello and :welcome: Rebecca from Florida ... great to have you on board with TPF ...:p

BTB ...you got some pretty decent stuff on that gallery of yours ... no beginner then ...:D

:welcome: So glad to see you here. We may have beautiful rolling hills but we sure as heck don't have your warm weather (or bugs).

Thanx Rebecca - most kind ... :D

Do you live with a shortened version of your name ...?
:thinking:

how about "Rb" - I'm not very good with typing long names...

/me steps backwards and instructs the small children not to peer at the american...

Welcome!

too cute...I'll answer to most anything except Beckie! Yes we americans are a silly looking breed :razz: Although technically I'm French Canadian and Pennsylvania Dutch

Please someone tell me how to post a picture in a thread (if it is possible). Thanks.

too cute...I'll answer to most anything except Beckie! Yes we americans are a silly looking breed :razz: Although technically I'm French Canadian and Pennsylvania Dutch

Please someone tell me how to post a picture in a thread (if it is possible). Thanks.

Not sure French is any better with this bunch! Where do you think I got Renee for a name though it certainly wasn't Texas!

Hello and Welcome :wave:

Rebecca - sorry, I could not resist! Becks is indeed a poor version of a continental beer. Cabernet or Merlot for me too although when in the USA you must try some of the Californian Pinot Noir (Gary Farrell a fave). The Canadian make some nice dessert wine (ice wines) which I have tried but cannot honestly remember any of the names.

Think it's just OJ in Florida :thinking: :LOL:

Thanks Minimeez...your candids are great. Wish I could take people pics. Feel awkward...plus not good with things that move!!!

....Becks, beer, wine....I'm an Oregonian...we have over 150 wineries and area I'm from is on 45th parrallel...we make wonderful Pinots. California wines...so-so, Canadian...have tasted but don't favor sweet wine/

OK...photography talk...I have a new Canon 30D with 18-55mm and 70-300mm lenses. I also have a Konica-Minolta Dimage A2 from 2004. It's the camera I use for my flower closeups. Saving $$ for a Canon 100mm macro.

:canon:

welcome Rebecca, you have some great work in your gallery, very impressive!

Good to see you here, and long may you stay!

Nope, not jealous at all :p Welcome aboard :wave:

:wave: Hiya R (can't get shorter than that!). Welcome :wave:

Hi Rebecca :wave: Welcome to Talk Photography :)

Anything you need, just give us a shout.

You've got some great stuff in your gallery. And nice choice of camera too. I too am a 30D owner.

Hi there Rebecca from another displaced Oregonian....to Boston...now living in England. I'm making my way around the earth back to Oregon eventually.

Thanks Marcel....your gallery is wonderful...love the squirrel. You may have a 30D but you have the L series lenses...I'm jealous!:crying:

Dena - what an eye you have ...the images in "along the way" are gorgeous. I miss Oregon sooooooo much I can hardly stand it. At least Boston is a cool city and England...well, there I could live. Looking foward to seeing more of your work.

(y) welcome to the forum rebecca you have some very nice pics there hope to see some posts soon .:wave:

Back