High-end bridge cameras: Sony RX10, Panasonic FZ1000 etc

Got to give a public thank you to John75 I picked up on a comment of his earlier this week re the FZ1000ii , and he has been helping me to sort it out as I couldn’t get full zoom range or functionality .. turned out in the end when I bought it (used) being a know it all I never bothered to do a full reset . The penny dropped this evening ,now done and 100% improvement well happy now and might get the wife out a bit more now ,it’s her camera .so big hand for the help John

one from the fx1000ii today after reset ,j.peg shot at 800mm with izoom engaged .really surprised at the speed of the A/F
squawky birds by jeff and jan cohen, on Flickr

It looks like you are getting to grips with that camera now Jeff! Good capture... (y)
Oh yes something so simple caused a lot of problems , finding suitable subjects is the problem at the moment was out for 2 hours this morning with nothing to show ,popped into the local estuary spot on way home 200 yards from home , and got about 50 shots off before heavens opened ,about 30 seconds after this

couple from the wife this morning. with the fz1000ii
the drip .jpgbright eyes.jpg

Thought this might be of interest - the shot was taken at iso800 on the RX10iv (pretty noisy and mushy as you might expect), I treated mysel to Topaz DeNoise and I must say I am impressed! Cleans up quite nicely I think - will definitely use iso800 now where before I was rarely happy with an image taken at that level :)

Wren Edit by Mike Smith, on Flickr

Thought this might be of interest - the shot was taken at iso800 on the RX10iv (pretty noisy and mushy as you might expect), I treated mysel to Topaz DeNoise and I must say I am impressed! Cleans up quite nicely I think - will definitely use iso800 now where before I was rarely happy with an image taken at that level :)

Wren Edit by Mike Smith, on Flickr
Hi Mike looks great. How much did the de noise program cost you? £££?

A bargain price for that! Put some more before an after on here Mike
I’ve been using it with olympus MFT for over a year and it’s a godsend even cleaning up shots at 6400 iso and higher .it gives you 4 different levels to choose from .. and does exactly what it says on the tin .. one caveat it’s power hungry and you need a good computer

Back