High-end bridge cameras: Sony RX10, Panasonic FZ1000 etc

A few from me as I get used to the RX10iv way of doing things :) Only thing thats taking me a bit of time is what level of sharpening to do in smart sharpen. On my gh5 its very low like 0.2 and 20. But I'm finding on the rx10 the web photos from RAW come out too soft like that. So at the moment I'm on 1.0 at 100.

I am very pleased I can use the rx10 for taking photos decent photos of moths.
Hoverfly and Poplar hawkmoth are the standard camera. The fly is with the canon500d close up lens that I managed to get off ebay for 38 quid.

Attachments

• hoverfly.jpg
    hoverfly.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 12
  • poplarhawkmoth130621.jpg
    poplarhawkmoth130621.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 12
  • fly180621.jpg
    fly180621.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 12
A few from me as I get used to the RX10iv way of doing things :) Only thing thats taking me a bit of time is what level of sharpening to do in smart sharpen. On my gh5 its very low like 0.2 and 20. But I'm finding on the rx10 the web photos from RAW come out too soft like that. So at the moment I'm on 1.0 at 100.

I am very pleased I can use the rx10 for taking photos decent photos of moths.
Hoverfly and Poplar hawkmoth are the standard camera. The fly is with the canon500d close up lens that I managed to get off ebay for 38 quid.

1.0 and 100 is what I use too. I also picked up a 500d but have never really gelled with it to be honest - I've shot a lot of macro with my A7Rii and 90mm so it's maybe asking a bit much of the RX10 to compete with that!

I'm really loving the rx10iv. I cant believe the images that's possible out of it. Im outdoing someone with a Canon r6 and 500mm lens at the moment. Completely crazy.
Its reigniting my love of photography over videography.
If the mk v comes out the same but with 4k 60 and better stabilisation I am buying one day one.

Emperor180721.jpg
Female Emperor Dragonfly ovipositing whilst being annoyed by 2 Common Blue damselflies

"Street Performer 12"

I've not been contributing to this thread for a time or two for one reason or another but here's one from me.

Just a simple candid street style Snapograph taken at Clink Street London UK of a guy with his Soprano Saxophone doing a bit of street playing.

Street Performer (12)-03565 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):sony:

Very nice George - hope all is well with you :)

Thank you kindly Mike, appreciate your reply.

"Its been a bit of an up & down year for me so far Mike not counting covid. Things were getting more or less back to normal and then unfortunately I managed to break my left thigh which has been a bit uncomfortable for a time or two. All is repaired etc now with surgery but for some reason it's not responding to well to strengthening exercises so I'm a bit slow at walking at the moment. What about yourself is all well with you?"

My photography has taken a bit of a nose-dive over the last couple of years and I've mainly used my GX9 for the little I did but yesterday I walked into town for the annual street festival. This started small but grew into an international event which, in many peoples' opinion, had became too large and too crowded. It always used to be in June but, after being almost rained off for two years and the obvious non-happening last year, it was moved to the August bank holiday Monday. In my opinion it recaptured much of the original spirit and I responded by taking 140 shots. Here are just a few, all OOC JPEGs passed through Jalbum.
DSC01513.JPG
DSC01552.JPG
DSC01559.JPG

Attachments

• DSC01513.JPG
    DSC01513.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC01552.JPG
    DSC01552.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 0
Thank you kindly Mike, appreciate your reply.

"Its been a bit of an up & down year for me so far Mike not counting covid. Things were getting more or less back to normal and then unfortunately I managed to break my left thigh which has been a bit uncomfortable for a time or two. All is repaired etc now with surgery but for some reason it's not responding to well to strengthening exercises so I'm a bit slow at walking at the moment. What about yourself is all well with you?"
Hi George. Hmm - sounds nasty, very sorry to hear that. ‘Uncomfortable’ sounds a bit of an understatement! Hope you are soon back to full fitness.

I am well thanks - not done anything amazing with the camera lately, just a few macros with the A7rii. I’ve had decent results shooting macro with the RX10iv but never quite at the same standard.

Cheers, Mike

"Tin Mask Sculpture" "It Made Explore" Yesterday :) :)

Just a simple candid street style Snapograph taken at Kent UK of what I can only describe as a Tin Mask Sculpture.

Tin Mask Sculpture-03571 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):sony:

Is anyone using the latest (I think) Camera Raw 13.4 with the Sony RX10m4 ?

I am finding that this interface when used as a plugin with Photoshop initially is cropping either end of my photos and I have to go into the Crop tool and pull them out again to get the maximum photo.

I have the camera set for 4:3 aspect ratio currently

So sorry, big mistake and posted in wrong thread. :banghead:

George.

Last edited:
Back