High-end bridge cameras: Sony RX10, Panasonic FZ1000 etc

Treecreeper at the park today :)

Treecreeper (1)
by Mike Smith, on Flickr

Very nice wildlife shot Mike, with good colour and some fine detail.

"I hope you don't mind me saying matey, I do think the composition of this shot is a little too much one sided and feel a bit of cropping from the right would improve it considerably. Obviously only my personal opinion"

Very nice wildlife shot Mike, with good colour and some fine detail.

"I hope you don't mind me saying matey, I do think the composition of this shot is a little too much one sided and feel a bit of cropping from the right would improve it considerably. Obviously only my personal opinion"
Constructive feedback always welcome! I did consider going portrait on this one and cropping in closer - will have another look later. Thanks George :)

Really strange, I have but another snap in "Flickr Explore" this very morning if anyone fancies a look.

Its a snap I shot with my RX10M4 a time or two ago along the "South Bank" (London) of some of the pods on the "London Eye" tourist attraction. The snaps actually been on Flickr and TP before but not very special, so like quite a few of my latest incarnations its one that I've re-visited with a different PP approach and I like it now much more.

A short time ago I was bleating on about a couple of attachment lenses that I had made for my RX10M4, one being a "Wide Angle" attachment and the other being a "Macro/Close Up" attachment. Well this is this is my first presentation using the "Macro/Close Up" attachment lens.

Just a simple Macro/Close Up type Snapograph taken at Kent UK of a Springtail Bug on top of a trash bin.

RX10M4, 1/250th @ F8, ISO-100, Macro Attachment, Modified Ring Flash.
UK Bug (1)-03517 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y)

Good work George! What is the macro attachment please?

Thank you Mike, appreciate your reply.

"Mike, if you look back at my post #1,444 (25th Feb) its all explained there"

Last edited:
Just a simple candid street style Snapograph taken at London Trafalgar Square UK of a guy with his guitar doing a bit of street playing.

RX10M4, 1/180th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Street Performer (8)-03519 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

Just a simple tourist type landscape Snapograph taken from the viewing gallery of the Tate Modern in London UK looking out over the River Thames at the London skyline.

RX10M4, 1/250th @ 4.5, ISO-100, Polarizing Filter, Handheld.
My London (3)-03527 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

Quite a distant shot (big crop) but a first for me so am happy with it :)

Willow Warbler
by Mike Smith, on Flickr

Nice capture Mike - I find I am still hit or miss with my own camera settings. Are you shooting in Aperture or Shutter mode generally, I have started using auto iso recently (and yep I didnt realise there was a NR option on this and wondered for a while why the camera was taking longer to process an image).

Someone said elsewhere they used P mode, but I found that tended to use a higher ISO and thus leading to noise.

How big a crop did you use on this image - I often wonder whether I am trying to crop in too far in PP

regards

Thanks Andrew - for small-ish birds I have been going with Aperture priority, f4, auto iso with minimum shutter 1/1000 - spot metering and centre spot focus

Nothing fancy and I am by no means an expert!

This is a big crop - maybe about 10-15% of the original image. The file file is around 2Mb which is pushing it as far as I normally would go.

Cheers

Thanks Andrew - for small-ish birds I have been going with Aperture priority, f4, auto iso with minimum shutter 1/1000 - spot metering and centre spot focus

Nothing fancy and I am by no means an expert!

This is a big crop - maybe about 10-15% of the original image. The file file is around 2Mb which is pushing it as far as I normally would go.

Cheers

Thanks Mike - today when out all the birds were in hiding due to the weather being a tad breezy to say the least :) so will try this on the jackdaws that keep visiting our garden. I'm also going to try the P mode which was mentioned in an excellent download on how to photograph birds in flight. Need to check that a bit closer though as it seemed that most things were automatic and I couldnt work out how to increase the speed without changing to shutter mode.

Your photos are so sharp they most certainly are expert mode as far as I am concerned !!

I've been using Topaz AI Noise reduction but think I am going to switch back to Topaz previous basic noise reduction, as I feel the AI one is sometimes a bit hit and miss with the end results, and a definite bias towards adding sharpening in at the same time.

Back