Hilbre at dusk

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
Hilbre island at full tide.

No PP done

Can i have got the water sharper in the shot ? if so how pls....light levels were low and getting worse...

settings
TV1/250
AV 5.6
ISO 100

C+C most welcome......

hilbre_island.jpg

Very nice, sharp & well exposed, particularly like the Lenticular clouds formed by mountain waves. :clap:

I don't think the water needs to be any sharper. The contrast between the sharpness in the sea and the smoothness in the sky do it for me. The only thing I would check is if the horizon is level - it might just be my eyesight though :LOL: but the whole thing balances really well. :clap:

I agree with all above, great shot and the sea is spot on, just needs straightening a tad otherwise an excellent shot.

Andy

tbh i dont have a clue with pp ...

have installed gimp2 so i can at least crop pics.....but beyond that im useless and baffled ! lol

Try ACDsee photomanager. You can have a month's free trial and it's really easy to use. Just put ACDsee into google and you'll get the site address. It's simple for a beginner and so far it's all I use as I don't want to do HDR and filters and stuff. I think if you take a good picture in the beginning - as you obviously do - you don't need to do a lot with it afterwards. Hope this helps.

possibly crop some of the water to put the horizon on a third
and a little off the left
not a biggie
but might make a difference

Back