histogram help

Edit My Images
Yes
Can anyone tell me how on earth I get the histogram on my 7D Mk 2 to show when I take a pic or display in live view please. I can see in the menu where it says set it for brightness or RGB but cant get it to actually show up, I'm obviously missing something.
thanks

I've sold my 7D2 now but I think it was by reviewing the image and then pressing the info button on the left hand back side of camera at top. You can toggle through different displays but I think if you are in the zoom mode then it won't show (even if you are zoomed out).... if I remember rightly.

Yes, I've just checked - the 5D3 is the same. If it is not showing when you toggle the info button, press the zoom button and then try toggling the info button again.

Edit: I'm not sure about live view as i rarely use that

thanks Bebop, at least you took the time to reply, I would have thought with all the 7d2 shooters on here someone would have bothered to reply/help!

obviously not!
cheers

I would have thought with all the 7d2 shooters on here someone would have bothered to reply/help!

obviously not!
No need to be sarky. How many people do you think saw your question between 21:58 and 23:36 on Thursday? I didn't. I could have answered it if I'd seen it, and I'm sure lots of people could, but @Bebop got there first.

with a 198 views and one person took the time to help. I asked on Thursday evening and only got to look today for any replies. but thanks anyway.

I 'viewed' given the title was just 'histogram help'.

Once I opened the thread I realised it was a question relating to a specific camera model so didn't comment. I'm sure that was the case for many.

I looked just now hoping I may also learn something , I don't own the camera you have so I can't help

Sorry I looked and increased the number of views:(

I looked as well to try and gain a few bits of info about histograms, but don't own a Canon at all. So there you go.............

with a 198 views and one person took the time to help. I asked on Thursday evening and only got to look today for any replies. but thanks anyway.

I've sold my 7D2 now but I think it was by reviewing the image and then pressing the info button on the left hand back side of camera at top. You can toggle through different displays but I think if you are in the zoom mode then it won't show (even if you are zoomed out).... if I remember rightly.

Yes, I've just checked - the 5D3 is the same. If it is not showing when you toggle the info button, press the zoom button and then try toggling the info button again.

Edit: I'm not sure about live view as i rarely use that

Bebop provided the correct answer, so what difference does it make that there are no other replies?

could I ask if anyone knows how to get the hisogram in live view too then please?

sorry if I hacked you all off, wasn't my intention, its a good place for information.

cheers

mick.

thanks Bebop, at least you took the time to reply, I would have thought with all the 7d2 shooters on here someone would have bothered to reply/help!

obviously not!
cheers

We've all been out enjoying the sunshine. Do you think we just sit around waiting to answer your questions because you couldn't be bothered to read your manual!

could I ask if anyone knows how to get the hisogram in live view too then please?

sorry if I hacked you all off, wasn't my intention, its a good place for information.

cheers

mick.

Press the info button when in live view to toggle what's on the screen

Last edited:
We've all been out enjoying the sunshine. Do you think we just sit around waiting to answer your questions because you couldn't be bothered to read your manual!

no not at all, I too was out enjoying the sunshine.

Press the info button when in live view to toggle what's on the screen
I have tried this but it wont bring up the histogram, it does put up some info in the screen but not my histogram. thanks anyway.

So you're out of your pram because only one person gave you the right answer within 2 hours of you asking, but...you didn't even check back yourself until yesterday? Brilliant!

Good your asking about the histogram though, the 7d2 is a great camera but it definitely gives the best results with a good ettr but not blown file.

wow, that's some manual, as I said mine only has 174 pages so thanks again Geoff.

198 views by the time you checked on Saturday: you don't know if bebop's reply resulted from the first handful of views, meaning the 100+ after were people having a look and seeing the question had already been answered, so nothing more to be said. Odd response.

Last edited:
that's it sorted, thank you. I will consider my arse kicked and move on. next time I wont be so impatient.
cheers
Mick

Back