Holga, Toy, Charity Shop, Car Boot and other Bargains (film only please)

On the plus side, you probably saved them from going to Rocky Cameras.
I was listening as well as watching the live bidding and Rocky's name was mentioned so he was obviously there picking up more old tat to sell to unsuspecting buyers. Hopefully with the tat i picked up I'll soon be challenging him as Britain's chief purveyor of poorly described camera equipment.

Car boot today, a lovely little OM10 with a Vivitar 28-200 lens for £15 and a Zenit 11 with a 58mm f2 Helios. The lens seemed to not stop down though so i bid the guy a fiver, in the bag was also a 3x converter and a crap looking flash so I can't grumble.
then to my favourite charity shop and got a working canon sureshot 105 and a mint canon RS60 E3 for a pound each.

Car boot today, a lovely little OM10 with a Vivitar 28-200 lens for £15 and a Zenit 11 with a 58mm f2 Helios. The lens seemed to not stop down though so i bid the guy a fiver, in the bag was also a 3x converter and a crap looking flash so I can't grumble.
then to my favourite charity shop and got a working canon sureshot 105 and a mint canon RS60 E3 for a pound each.

Reminds me that I suffer from CRAB (can't resist a bargain)...about 6 months ago I broke up a working OM10 with delight as it let me down once, well about 2 months ago at the bootie there was a OM10 with manual adapter, zuiko 35-70 and 70-150 at a price I couldn't resist and bought it :eek::rolleyes: and what's worse a member had given me an OM2 so I didn't need it.:rolleyes:

I really like the OM, I'll probably get some bw for it, although I think it's a bit unbalanced with the heavy vivitar on. That said it feels like a camera should.

I really like the OM, I'll probably get some bw for it, although I think it's a bit unbalanced with the heavy vivitar on. That said it feels like a camera should.

The manual adapter is handy, but I have to admit on semi auto the Om10 was good it's just that I don't like the design of the controls on the top plate...but there you go I've got another one again and have used it, but the OM2 is better.

Picked up the Yashica. Pleased to find the case that comes with it has two pockety things. One for a hood and one for a set of filters. Both present! Hood alone is £20 for a genuine one so I'm quite chuffed.

Only confusing thing is that the shutter button itself is slightly sticky and pops out slowly. I really can't tell if the shutter works as it is quiet. I'm used to a kerthunk...The automat has double exposure prevention and winds on and cocks the shutter in one go. The Mat I haven't worked out whether I'm doing it right yet. I haven't tried it with a film in though.

Needs a good clean as it smells of damp. It also weighs a lot more than than the automat. It is a later model than I was expecting as it has the red dot on the front and the MXV shutter. Neither of which were visible in the photos so I assumed it was an early one. Serial number starts with a 2.

It does seem a bit louche to have two TLRS...

I think 2 TLRs counts as a 'collection'

Andy

Just bought a Centon DF-300 from a charity shop for a fiver. Just over a week after getting that X-300 too. I got 10 LR44s from Boyes for £1.30 and everything is working great.

Just bought a Centon DF-300 from a charity shop for a fiver. Just over a week after getting that X-300 too. I got 10 LR44s from Boyes for £1.30 and everything is working great.

I used to have one of those. Don't leave the batteries in it as it seems to encourage shutter problems as its magnetic.

h'mm confusing as on google the DF-300 is a copy of the Minolta X-300, yet my Centon K100 had a Pentax mount and was a copy of a Pentax camera......well Jessops? must have had a different supplier but still used the Centon name.

Centon made minolta and pentax clone bodies. They also made minolta MD and pentax k mount lenses. Not confusing at all :)

Wish I could get everything for peanuts Andy as I just had to pay £71 for a 50mm ETR lens :(

Well my luck with photographic gear continues....well I didn't receive the lens at first and after a personal email (no reply) then got paypal involved, anyway the seller finally replied and the problem was a family emergency and for my inconvenience knocked of the £8 postage, so I got a mint lens for £63 inc postage which seems good as the prices are high at the moment.

Centon made minolta and pentax clone bodies. They also made minolta MD and pentax k mount lenses. Not confusing at all :)

Well even Einstein probably didn't know how to do Vindaloo curry..in other words "if you didn't know, you don't know" :D

Had an hour on the local graveyard with my new to me Olympus OM10. The vivitar lens is a bit slow and clunky to use but the olympus felt great. Great little camera. Devving the film tomorrow.

h'mm confusing as on google the DF-300 is a copy of the Minolta X-300, yet my Centon K100 had a Pentax mount and was a copy of a Pentax camera......well Jessops? must have had a different supplier but still used the Centon name.

The K100 was a copy of the K1000. The K100 was made by Pentax for Jessop's. Oddly enough the K200-K400 look like the X-300/DF-300.

At the bootie it's all luck and it's so annoying when someone buys something you want down to seconds before you, anyway my luck was in today when this guy was handling a Canon FL 19mm f3.5 R lens and he said "how much"....answer "£10" and he put it down:rolleyes: well you can guess the rest (y)(y)(y)

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=canon fl 19mm 3.5 r&biw=1440&bih=739&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=LK0eVKOxFuWC7gbx04HYAw&ved=0CHEQsAQ

H'mm well I've only taken four shots with this and not impressed as I think the elements need adjusting or it needs to be stopped well down...as the centre is razor sharp but outside it's fuzzy like it's out of focus. Well I going to do more tests to find out what works best or if the lens has a fault.

I resisted quite well at the local Friday market. Quite a few cameras. Tempted by a Praktica TL, a couple of Trip 35s, a late Yashica 35mm SLR, etc. However, desperately trying not to buy cameras unless I want to use them.

Having just picked up my first medium format setup (Mamiya 645 pro) thanks to @stevelmx5 I went on the mooch for mamiya lenses & managed to pick up a 210mm f/4 (slight denting in the lens hood but perfect aside from that) from ebay for £12.50.
Now just need to get that first B&W roll of film shot & developed :nailbiting:

Last edited:

Some odd descriptions there... from the 35mm link, lot 101:

Asahi Pentax-M Lenses: fine selection of Pentax-M lenses including, f/2.8 40mm, serial no. 6078316, body, VG-E, elements, VG, very light internal dust, f/1.4 50mm (4), overall bodies, VG, overall elements, VG, Macro f/4 100mm, serial no. 6048746, body, VG, elements, G, heavy haze, and f/3.5 135mm, serial no. 6718883, body, VG-E, elements, VG-E (7)

Elements G but heavy haze?

Some odd descriptions there... from the 35mm link, lot 101:

Elements G but heavy haze?

Which is why you should examine the lots in person or speak to the auctioneer and not rely on catalogue descriptions!

Saw a VGC Kodak Brownie six 20 in a local charity shop yesterday, asking £10. The intriguing thing is, I believe there's a film in there! Appears to be at about exposure 4. I'd be tempted but I've read the stuff about re-spooling onto 620 spools and that game is not for me!

Saw a VGC Kodak Brownie six 20 in a local charity shop yesterday, asking £10. The intriguing thing is, I believe there's a film in there! Appears to be at about exposure 4. I'd be tempted but I've read the stuff about re-spooling onto 620 spools and that game is not for me!
Buy it Chris, just for the film alone. I'll give you a tenner for it next time we meet up.

Up here? I could stick in some soup for you if you like. Re-spooling isn't necessary you can just trim the edge of the 120 spool.

OK I'll see if it's still there...

Up here? I could stick in some soup for you if you like. Re-spooling isn't necessary you can just trim the edge of the 120 spool.

It's in Kenilworth! Thanks for the offer though...

Buy it Chris, just for the film alone. I'll give you a tenner for it next time we meet up.

Went back n today, and sorry to say it seems to be gone... although they didn't seem very convinced they had actually sold it! I had to rush off as the plumber had turned up at home (ta-da!), but I'll try to ask again tomorrow.

I was just passing a charity store yesterday and on browsing there shelfs came across a minolta 110 zoom slr, camera, for the price of £5.00, I left having thought that I would struggle to get 110 cartridge film, but all day today I am thinking I have made a mistake and I should have purchased it, as I know I would definatly use it If I could obtain film. any views on this little hybrid camera.

Lovely little camera (for 110 film format) and yes 110 film is still available and there are places that will process it for you.

Thanks for that. I'm ok for colour negative film for a while but that seller had 3 hp5s at a nice price so I nabbed those. Wonder where I can get that devved up? :D

Nothing today. Spotted some old Zenits, lots of compact 35s (checked through looking for that Yashica with a Carl Zeiss), 110s, a Polaroid, what looked like a Kodak DSLR body (I didn't know any were made under that name), and that was it. Still looking for that VGC Rolleiflex.

Back