home page

Edit My Images
No
whats all the funny writing = Arabic or something on the first 9 posts on the home page ??
why is it there ?
has the forum been infiltrated by someone ?

they tell me to do bad things to my remaining camera gear..... "sell it... sell it and give all your money to your mrs...."

I need some serious help quick.... :(

That poster had 9 on the counter.

Your solution would massively increase workload for mods... and is not really fair for majority of normal users imho...

That poster had 9 on the counter.

Your solution would massively increase workload for mods... and is not really fair for majority of normal users imho...
Probably all 9 posts were spam.

I've just checked the newest members section, 1 new member today, 7 new members yesterday.. so not really a massive increase in workload.

You can look in few ways on that subject tbh...

Not many new users - not much of increase in workload.

or

Few more users every day - times 3, on top of other reported posts, issues with forum, questions from users, moving threads and any other tasks mods might have to deal with along the way - it could be a massive increase in workload. Let us not forget that mods do it for free, in their spare time, which at times could be a precious comodity...

Reactions: TG.
You can look in few ways on that subject tbh...

Not many new users - not much of increase in workload.

or

Few more users every day - times 3, on top of other reported posts, issues with forum, questions from users, moving threads and any other tasks mods might have to deal with along the way - it could be a massive increase in workload. Let us not forget that mods do it for free, in their spare time, which at times could be a precious comodity...
Instead they have to waste their time cleaning up the forum.

It's not great for the user experience seeing these posts, or for attracting new members. If i was a new member seeing tons of those message i'd probably never of signed up. :)

Instead they have to waste their time cleaning up the forum.

It's not great for the user experience seeing these posts, or for attracting new members. If i was a new member seeing tons of those message i'd probably never of signed up. :)
I don’t ever see this spam on the website. I use the RSS feeds and trawl through them adding items of interest to my reading list in Safari to read later. I do see the SPAM in the RSS feed of course but it’s just a single block to scroll through.

Don't understand why new members posts aren't manually reviewed before being published for at least the first 3 posts.

Would stop 80% of this spam.

From my perspective as a member, it would put an instant barrier in place to getting on to the forum. It's possible to read the forum without joining, so the main benefit is to be able to post and interact. If I came to sign up for the first time, and then found that there would be an unspecified interval between posting and the post appearing, I might reconsider joining. I have encountered forums like that in the past, and haven't bothered (though in one case as far as I can make out, the moderators only looked in at irregular intervals).

I can accept that having new members' posts vetted before they appear would cut spam, and as a former moderator on another (defunct) forum it would have saved a lot of work after the far eastern auto spam generating bots had had a go overnight.

Ultimately it probably comes down to whether the moderators and admin (who do the work) are prepared to accept the consequences of a friendlier sign up procedure. I'm not really bothered myself about having to skip over spam posts that are removed pretty quickly anyway.

Back