Homeless Holga: Formerly "Anyone fancy trying something daft ???"

It's my fault. Entirely my fault. Long ago I stopped being amazed at how often things I buy or have a hand in go wrong. I've lost count of the number of times somebody has said to me "Strange, never seen that happen before".

It's my fault. Entirely my fault. Long ago I stopped being amazed at how often things I buy or have a hand in go wrong. I've lost count of the number of times somebody has said to me "Strange, never seen that happen before".

There you go Mark, it's all MisterE's fault :LOL:

I have finished with Helga now, to which unlucky soul am I sending her to next?

Helga received all well and good.

I've removed the tape, opened the back up and checked the film. It looked ok except for the film not being black plastic like I thought it should be, but some papery looking stuff with arrows on it. Anyway I closed it and put some new tape on. I'll do my pics next weekend.

I'm hoping this is a joke, its my turn next!

Then again I just looked in MisterE's camera bag so I suspect so! (y)

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I just shrugged my shoulders and thought "oh well - another ruined film" :( (and yes - I am still p.o.'ed about the last one!!)

Incidentally - what film's loaded this time - is it colour or B&W, and if it's colour, where's doing a cheap process only deal at the moment :LOL:

Incidentally - what film's loaded this time - is it colour or B&W, and if it's colour, where's doing a cheap process only deal at the moment :LOL:

Don't ask him that - he'll open the back and look :LOL:

digilab http://digitalab.co.uk/process.html are £4.50 process only - I don't know if thats good or not because i've only ever used lab35/120 who are a damn sight more

Last edited:
I loaded Helga up with Kodak Professional 160 film when I sent her oop north to Rob, I'm assuming there should be a couple of shots still left on that and
The Darkroom in Cheltenham is £4.90 dev only inc postage both ways.

Last edited:
Done. I couldn't get that tiny display on the back to work though. I pressed all the buttons I could find a few times but nothing. Anyway, onwards. Next?

Helga has arrived! I'm going back home to Bedford until Wednesday and am going to leave her in Nottingham but will probably have my 3 frames done by somewhen next week, I've got a few ideas in mind.

I know I have asked this question before but what's happening? Is Helga still in Nottingham, has she got lost again, do we need to send out a search party?

I just thought I'd point out that it's nearly the 1 year anniversary of Mark's original post and we still have quite a few people to go, I suspect it may not all be over until Christmas.

I've still got Helga in Nottingham, I was going to finish my shots over the weekend but the weather prevented me. I'm in Glasgow until Friday so I'll likely take my last couple and then send it next Saturday or Monday.

Good Grief, it IS nearly a year since I started this damned fool enterprise...

that means it's almost a year (25/6/11) since someone painted my name green and made me hate the classifieds section with a passion as well!

Wish I could say the year had gone quickly, but I have to admit, I've been on a diet for 11 months of it, and time never passes quickly for me when I'm hungry!

that means it's almost a year (25/6/11) since someone painted my name green and made me hate the classifieds section with a passion as well!

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I'm beginning to dislike the Classifieds more and more these days - people evidently here only to trade, people who point blank refuse to upload pictures when they are asking people to part with £100s or even £1000s in some cases, people who ask obnoxious amounts for gear that simply isn't worth that amount.

A travelling plastic one speed, two aperture camera is a world away from that (y)

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I'm beginning to dislike the Classifieds more and more these days - people evidently here only to trade, people who point blank refuse to upload pictures when they are asking people to part with £100s or even £1000s in some cases, people who ask obnoxious amounts for gear that simply isn't worth that amount.

A travelling plastic one speed, two aperture camera is a world away from that (y)

If you (or anyone else for that matter) spot someone that's playing silly sod's in the classifieds, (trading, living in the classies to the exclusion of all else, buying here and flogging on fleabay/other fora at a profit or otherwise running a business/profiting on te goodwill of our members) hit the RTM button - we'll look into it, and kill their access if appropriate* - it's been done before... ;)

I think the thing is, we, as mod's spend so much time fire-fighting in there, we have a bit of a jaundiced view of the place, and tend to avoid it unless there's work to be done in there, so - certainly speaking for myself - I don't have a particularly good "feel" for who's a "classifieds whore" and who's just a serial gear swapper (though I do know a certain Ed. from these parts falls into the latter category :LOL:)

*sometimes it takes a while, or we have to wait until the trades they've got running complete, so don't expect them to just "softly and silently vanish" straight away. But I will admit that we have "a little list..."

"softly and silently vanish"

I was more hoping for a godlike hand to descend from the heavens and squish them - like the original lottery finger

"it could be you... who gets your classified access revoked"

Yeah, I knew that is probably what you were going to say and I do my bit to ensure you and the others on the mod team have their fair share of headaches (y)

A facility involving so much money & gear trading hands is always bound to have a lot of problems, so I don't blame you at all for wanting to avoid it as much as possible. I grimace just looking at some of the disasters on there sometimes...

I think Ed is too busy with his Caffenol at the moment!

I've taken my shots and will have Helga in the post tomorrow hopefully, I'm going to PM Guy (Mohain) for his address.

I have the Holga! Will do my best to take my shots over the w/e and send next week :)

Hi,

Just a quick note to say that I haven't shot the film yet but I haven't forgotten. There are a couple of specific things I want to photo, I will finish off the current film tomorrow evening and finish my shots on the second film on Sunday, so camera will be sent on Monday :)

Ok I've finished one roll and loaded up the next and am ready to pass on, but I won't be able to send until Tuesday as I'm away. I need TBY's address for sending the c41 (or I can send it to process if you want?) and Robhooley's address to send camera and film. TBY, the c41 film is a little 'loose' on the reel so I expect there will be some fogging. Also the camera was on 'b' mode when it came to me so we might have some blurry shots ;) in fact I think I took my 'normal' shot on 'b' by accident! Will pm members for addresses! Cheers, guy

Okay - how's this look to everyone ??

6931613070_594d6d8c47_o.jpg

Is this still the order? It looks like Rhody is next but I've lost the plot a bit on this :shrug:

RaglanSurf said:
Is this still the order? It looks like Rhody is next but I've lost the plot a bit on this :shrug:

Ahh thanks. Different to the print out in the box :)

Ahh thanks. Different to the print out in the box :)

we had a couple of switches of order, yep - but then again "No battle plan survives contact with the enemy", and after all we're over a year on from when we started!

so - who's got a recommendation for a lab that'll be able to cope with a slightly loose rolled spool of 120 on a dev only basis - postal service - and cheap if possible, as it's a holga, and there's every possibility that the roll will be blank again...or failing that - who's got some spare C41 or E6 soup on the go at the moment ??

Back