Homeless Holga: Formerly "Anyone fancy trying something daft ???"

Sorry i haven't got it done yet, just been swamped with work... and the whole 'having to apply to uni' thing since getting back. I haven't forgotten! :p

Sorry i haven't got it done yet, just been swamped with work... and the whole 'having to apply to uni' thing since getting back. I haven't forgotten! :p

Are you sure you haven't forgotten? Where's Helga? What have you done with her?

Holga has now been on her travels for well over a year and should really be heading home.

I know, i know! Just never seems to be time. I do get next week off, if i haven't sent her back by the end of it you have my complete permission to partake in nefarious activities aimed at myself. That makes sense, right?

Okay... i have done something with the camera that might by some people be construed as taking pictures. No promises though. Where do i send it? :p

Well - as nobody expressed an interest in a reshoot of the third roll debacle - it appears that Helga should be making her way back to me to finish the last couple of frames on the roll. I'd better google up how to use a camera - haven't touched one since getting accused of cheating in the POTY (it kind of killed my enthusiasm a little TBH), so hopefully this might get me back into the habit.

Anyone know what kind of film's loaded ? - not so much as it will change my approach to taking the shots - more so I know if it'll need to be sent away for processing (c41 or E6) or if I'll be able to DIY it...

cool - it's been a while since I dev'ed anything, but surely not long enough for the emergeancy bottle of Rodinal to have gone off!

no postie yet...
th_tumbleweed.gif

Sorry, haven't sent it yet. Been doing last minute Physics coursework. There is a roll of 160NC in the box as well, not sure who put it there...

The camera has been with its current temporary owner for TEN WEEKS, to take 4 photo,s.

That has to be some sort of record.:D:shrug:

Actually I think the great devon sorting office debacle still holds the record for the longest delay in helga's travels thus far :LOL:

that aside, as you don't appear to be on the list of those eagerly awaiting some special helga time, i'd question why you are so bothered by how long each individual takes

And as you do not appear to be interested in the conclusion of this project then but out.

In fairness, I'd just like to get the camera back here, so I can shoot the last couple of frames of the project and get the pictures souped. Then We can get on with the final act of this tragedy - voting on the pictures claimed, and sending the camera to whoever gets the most votes.

(and in all honesty, at my current shooting rate, it could be next christmas before I finish the roll of film thats in there... so getting the camera back to me isn't exactly a priority - I just wanted a little feedback as to IF it'd actually been sent yet - so I could warn my Dad that there might be a knock on the door from the Postie while I was out on the bike!)

The camera has been with its current temporary owner for TEN WEEKS, to take 4 photo,s.

That has to be some sort of record.:D:shrug:

Last friday, it had been with its then custodian for 9 1/2 weeks - I'm sure that was a film!

It can't be a record anyway - the only thing that's black and made of brittle plastic in this project is the camera itself. I'm honestly amazed it's made it around the country a couple of times over the last 18 months and is still (hopefully) in one piece!

It can't be a record anyway - the only thing that's black and made of brittle plastic in this project is the camera itself. I'm honestly amazed it's made it around the country a couple of times over the last 18 months and is still (hopefully) in one piece!

she's done remarkably well really - surviving who knows how many games of parcel office football, not to mention the abuse doubtless handed to her by various TPer along the way

(incidentally for the record , i'm perfectly interested in the outcome of this project - i just don't see any rush , it'll finish when it finishes)

Helga's Home...

7:20am today (not ideal, as I'd been working 'till around 3:15 am, but hey-ho!) postie arrived with a small square suspiciously light package that could only be Helga.

We made it folks...

Now I just need to finish the roll of B&W in there - which could take me a while ;)

Helga's Home...

7:20am today (not ideal, as I'd been working 'till around 3:15 am, but hey-ho!) postie arrived with a small square suspiciously light package that could only be Helga.

We made it folks...

Now I just need to finish the roll of B&W in there - which could take me a while ;)

:clap::clap::clap:

I look forward to seeing the results, what an epic journey.

Might make an interesting collage if you gotagged them and stuck them on a google map layer... You could add the results from the other traveling cameras too.

I wasn't part of this but am desperate to see the final results. Such a great idea and sad that I missed it.

OOPS - sorry - I'd forgotten I'd got the last roll sat in the 'fridge awaiting souping. I'll try and get a couple of hours over the next week or so and get things finished!

try not to put it in the soup at 11.56 tonight - that'll just end in tears

I've not had chance to do anything camera / film related all holiday season tbh - I've a couple of days off the bike coming up in the "training diary" so I'll give it a try when there's enough clear worktop to get the devving kit out :LOL:

Ladles and Jellyspoons... the final roll of Helga's Odyssey is out of the soup and hanging from my shower rail.

There's even some images here and there...

Dunno if I'll get them through the scanner tomorrow - I've a pretty full day including a trip to the hospital with my Dad tomorrow (it's a routine eye-checkup, but it's something of a "moveable feast" in terms of how long it takes - sometimes it's home within a hour, other times it can be most of the afternoon...)

roll five is now up... 3-4 of the negs were SOOOO thin that the scanner was really struggling to pull anything workable from them - i've done what I could, but a couple of frames were just too far gone I'm afraid...

See what I mean about the thin negs ;)

Blimey, you did a good job getting anything out of that one.

Thanks so much for all your work on this one Mark!

yeah - 3 of 'em were a definite struggle, and the first on the roll and my first shot with the log-pile were also on the edges of what I could recover anything meaningful from dijikally...

so does that conclude helga's tour of britain ? or is she going back out to those who missed out due to the great soup disaster of 2012 ?

Well - I asked at the time, and nobody actually got back to me about it :shrug:

I was going to put up a thread for voting upon for all the "single images" and whoever gets the most votes gets the camera - that was always going to be the idea tbh - but I still feel awful about ruining the film, and If the missing people fancy another shot i'll happily stand another film and developing - though I'd understand if they couldn't be bothered after losing the last one :shrug:

According to my sheet the people who lost their shots were:

• Andy (Andysnap)
  • ped
  • Sean (Thmaga)
  • Sarah (SarahLee)
  • Nick (RaglanSurf)

but I can't remember 100% if this was around the time when we were swapping orders around a little...

I think mine all came out ok Mark.

Andy

Back