Homeless!?

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
I have spent today walking through some of the royal parks in central London....I am really dismayed at the number of homeless immigrants sleeping openly on the grass and under trees with their suitcases and plastic bags of their belongings.....

Why are the government allowing this to happen? Can we not just round them up and ship them home it at the very least put them in a detention centre unless their identity can be confirmed.....spoke to one of the police officers on patrol and his word were simple "not worth the hassle sir" he then continued to tell me that they would have every do gooder screaming about brutality, victimisation and human rights........I embrace a diverse community and while I worked for the Olympics I used to take out sandwiches to the homeless at Marble Arch.....but surely we as a community cannot allow this to continue at the high level which I witnessed today.....

Suggestions on a postcard

I thought immigration added to the economy.....

Actually not letting them in, in the first place, without sufficient checks that they can support themselves and have a job to go to.

From what I seem that are a bit of a tourist attraction in a negative way.....

Sadly its a growing problem and, for some, sleeping rough in London is often better than their homelands.

We are a benevolent and tolerant people in the UK and, over the centuries, we have provided a safe haven for opressed peoples from many parts of the world. The differences these days is tbat globalisation and a "shrinking" world allied to a desire to do better has brought desperation to earn money not possible in their own vountries so economic migrants add to tbe mix.

Post 1945 this country actively courted immigration from "the colonies" as there was a genuine shortage of labour yet within a few years many native Brits were taking themselves off to Canada, Australia, New Zealand etc.

We nearly went to Australia around 1961 on a £10 ship ticket. My father bottled it in the end.

Nowadays tbere is a different dynamic. We are not replacing native Brits who had not come home from war, or to rebuild heavily bombed cities, to work in a newly formed NHS or replacing those who emigrated themselves.

Nowadays people come because they can, EC rights of abode, Commonwealth quotas, asylum and plain old school illegals and oversyayers.

It is the last group that often are the ones that may be ddalt with but the others can arrive penniless. Whatever the government do, we are locked into a pan EC legal agreement.

So I can understand frustration when seeing the outcome of the homeless in public parks but it is nothing new. Same occurred in the mid 70s and 80s when there was a very large number of people sleeping rough in London in cardboard boxes etc. Sleeping in shop doorways (how many shops these days have entrances that the homless can sleep in?)

One of the things we yake for granted is that we live in one of the top 7 richest countries in the world, we lellelect a government which is a liberal democracy and wr look after the people who live here with excellent health and support services (irrespective of the manner in which the Daily Mail spins it).

It is a fantastically tolerant place to be in, has a generally clement varies weather system (mostly) and a generous people.

Wouldn't you want to live here if you had no hope, was hungry, with little or no health and public services?

Most of the population live in cities and that leaves huge pats of the country unoccupied so space is not really a problem.

So locking the homeless up??? The detention centres are already full of illegal migrants so what do you do with the legal ones?

I can see where the Police Officer is coming from!

A nuisance? maybe?

An easy solution..? Not a chance. This is a global issue and it isn't going away.

Steve

Last edited:

Well that's for you to start the bonfire then. Do you honestly think you really could do it? Perhaps the homeless mother with say 2 very precious young children? Torch them too? Well?

Will solve any accomodation problem where you would be concerned for the next 20 odd years eh?

I despair at some people.

Torch em all, and for your information there aren't single homeless mothers with 2 young children, she is living it up at he expense of the tax payers with her free housing and many thousands of pounds of benefits, sky television, smoking 40 a day and boozing with a bottle of Wolf Blass every day while she and other cronies like her are laughing their tits of at me and you.

Torch em all, and for your information there aren't single homeless mothers with 2 young children, she is living it up at he expense of the tax payers with her free housing and many thousands of pounds of benefits, sky television, smoking 40 a day and boozing with a bottle of Wolf Blass every day while she and other cronies like her are laughing their tits of at me and you.

Sorry Gary but I really have no interest in listening to or reading anything you have to say that includes advocating pre meditated murder of another person for any reason, least of all for being homeless.

Round them up, process them, if they have a need/right to stay in the UK get them in the system, if they don't remove them from the country, doing nothing is not the answer though it is the easiest option

If these people have no jobs, no money, no home and no means of supporting themselves, why do we let them into the country?

If these people have no jobs, no money, no home and no means of supporting themselves, why do we let them into the country?

If they are EC nationals they cannot be stopped from entering the country.

I was in the underpass between the platforms at Bristol Temple Meads Station at about midday on New Years Day (when the final restrictions on Bulgarians and Romanians were removed) and there were groups sitting right by the ATM with their bags with flight tags on the straps. So they cannot be stopped from coming in. Not seen any since then and I use the station regularly.

I don't disagree that a level of restriction be placed on migrants but the rules are that EC nstionals can move and reside freely. Like the estimated million Brits living in Spain.

Not the cleverest piece of EC legislation. But we joined and agreed to be bound by the terms of the EU now EC with all the new member states.

I`m aware of that mate, but what about the non EC nationals,Somalians for example. I also wonder why we let them claim benefits.

I don`t blame people coming here to make a better life for themselves by working hard, nor do I have a problem with people coming here that have had to flee their homelands due to war. Buy maybe we should stop handing benefits out so easily to all and sundry.

We are in the eu. We will remain in the eu. If those people are from eu member countries they are here legally.

The look at me show offs saying they would torch them are just running round a playground with their willies out. They think they are impressing everyone but in reality they are a laughing stock.

The OP said "homeless immigrants" , he did not specify any particular nationality.

I think most people are aware that we have an open border to EU nationals, that was a great idea by our beloved politicians.

It's not very traditional is it. I don't think they're trying hard enough. After all, what have migrants traditionally ever done for Britain?.. Romans, Angles, Saxons, Jutes, Normans..

It's not very traditional is it. I don't think they're trying hard enough. After all, what have migrants traditionally ever done for Britain?.. Romans, Angles, Saxons, Jutes, Normans..

They worked.

I think most people are aware that we have an open border to EU nationals, that was a great idea by our beloved politicians.
It's a two way thing. You can go and live and work in Germany or Denmark (or many other countries) without needing a visa, should you wish.

Simple....do what the place does where we used to send our convicts to....no trade, goodbye....no money, goodbye.
Our country is becoming the money invasion capital of the world, was summed up on tv last night watching a programme about Romanian Gypsies who have come over here, got housed and were being given over £400 a week.......there's millions of people who work day after day, week after week who don't get that.
I have a lot of time for British homeless people, i have no time for people who have left their country to live under a bush over here, should be herded up and removed!

Everyone wait!

*grabs popcorn*

Okay carry on.

Indeed save me some please as this thread has great potential to become a right brawl, it is Friday afterall...it's a very emotive subject afterall

Did anyone see that program the other night covering people having their benefits cut in the capital and being moved to other parts of the country

I don't see how this can be discussed in any detail without gettin political personally.

I give it until page 3.

I'm of a similar belief...though I'm in a generous mood so will give it to page 5 :LOL:

Right....im done with dinner....continue :)

Simple....do what the place does where we used to send our convicts to....no trade, goodbye....no money, goodbye.
Our country is becoming the money invasion capital of the world, was summed up on tv last night watching a programme about Romanian Gypsies who have come over here, got housed and were being given over £400 a week.......there's millions of people who work day after day, week after week who don't get that.
I have a lot of time for British homeless people, i have no time for people who have left their country to live under a bush over here, should be herded up and removed!

And as they have a legal right as citizens of an EC member state to enter, live and stay in this country and have entitlements. Just what laws and regulations could or would be enforceable and able to be used to enable the authorities to "herd" them up AND for them to be "removed"?

As a wider view we are part of the EC and that market takes the majority of goods and services that are exported. So wealth creation and the sustaining of our shrinking export market means we stay in the same club that requires open borders to other states' citizens.

As for the illegal immigrants we have a different dynamic. They arrive, live within communities wbere they are among legal immigrants and live under the radar. They destroy their papers so when caught they say nothing anx a long process of identification of who they are starts.

There is no silver bullet solution and knee jerking reations do not wprk when the arrested person refuses to reveal who they are and where they originated from. The laws that protect us from unilateral action by the authorities protect them too. Add into the pot the regs evolved from the "humsn rights laws and protocols..... just what do you think can actually be done now and not what you might like to happen?

s

We are in the eu. We will remain in the eu. If those people are from eu member countries they are here legally.

The look at me show offs saying they would torch them are just running round a playground with their willies out. They think they are impressing everyone but in reality they are a laughing stock.
LOL

And as they have a legal right as citizens of an EC member state to enter, live and stay in this country and have entitlements. Just what laws and regulations could or would be enforceable and able to be used to enable the authorities to "herd" them up AND for them to be "removed"?

As a wider view we are part of the EC and that market takes the majority of goods and services that are exported. So wealth creation and the sustaining of our shrinking export market means we stay in the same club that requires open borders to other states' citizens.

As for the illegal immigrants we have a different dynamic. They arrive, live within communities wbere they are among legal immigrants and live under the radar. They destroy their papers so when caught they say nothing anx a long process of identification of who they are starts.

There is no silver bullet solution and knee jerking reations do not wprk when the arrested person refuses to reveal who they are and where they originated from. The laws that protect us from unilateral action by the authorities protect them too. Add into the pot the regs evolved from the "humsn rights laws and protocols..... just what do you think can actually be done now and not what you might like to happen?

s

What actually can be done?.....very little......and thats the whole problem.
We have far far to many "do-gooders" who will get their knickers in a twist if anyone even says "boo" to them.

What actually can be done?.....very little......and thats the whole problem.
We have far far to many "do-gooders" who will get their knickers in a twist if anyone even says "boo" to them.

Do Gooders? Where have they appeared on the landscape? Do you mean people who might try to get some hot food to the homeless or lawyers with soul (I know something of an oxymoron) who may be funded by charity or are 'pro bono' assisting those in need. Or people who see need and want to help by ensuring that the very real rights of the homeless are not hijacked.

I don't want people living rough or being exploited by business owners into sub minimum wage jobs. Those 'entrepreneurs' are perverting the job market for many born and bred here and should be jailed (for which laws exist) for their criminality. By all means point out the problem but they are not the cause of the problem. It is fuelled by greed of the exploiters and the needs of the exploited.

S

Do Gooders? Where have they appeared on the landscape? Do you mean people who might try to get some hot food to the homeless or lawyers with soul (I know something of an oxymoron) who may be funded by charity or are 'pro bono' assisting those in need. Or people who see need and want to help by ensuring that the very real rights of the homeless are not hijacked.

I don't want people living rough or being exploited by business owners into sub minimum wage jobs. Those 'entrepreneurs' are perverting the job market for many born and bred here and should be jailed (for which laws exist) for their criminality. By all means point out the problem but they are not the cause of the problem. It is fuelled by greed of the exploiters and the needs of the exploited.

S

I'm not on about the homeless....i'm on about illegal immigrants who live rough who shouldn't be here in the first place

I'm not on about the homeless....i'm on about illegal immigrants who live rough who shouldn't be here in the first place

Then please make it clear who you are talking about though most of what I state about how the processes of legal immigrants are much the same for illegal immigrants who dispose of their passports and other official documentation. The Border Agency must discover who they believe to be "illegal" in order to send them packing back to their OWN country.

I agree that illegal immigrants should be denied entry but their trick is to arrive and become non persons. ONCE past the door into the country the likelihood of their leaving is very low. Rennet once in and discovered you have to get their home country to take them back... "now sir what did you say was your country of origin? .... "I didn't"

So the rotation goes... 1 out 20 in.

Then please make it clear who you are talking about though most of what I state about how the processes of legal immigrants are much the same for illegal immigrants who dispose of their passports and other official documentation. The Border Agency must discover who they believe to be "illegal" in order to send them packing back to their OWN country.

I agree that illegal immigrants should be denied entry but their trick is to arrive and become non persons. ONCE past the door into the country the likelihood of their leaving is very low. Rennet once in and discovered you have to get their home country to take them back... "now sir what did you say was your country of origin? .... "I didn't"

So the rotation goes... 1 out 20 in.

My first post made it pretty clear...

Oh God.. another Daily Mail thread.

I try to debunk the rhetoric of envy racism and the drip drip drip that all on benefits are scroungers but some do called "readers" have turned of their brains, filtered their common sense and just allowed any level of trying to use their intellect to remain unused.

Back