How many views on Flickr?

47013 of all time with this old shot being the most viewed:

1295257890_201a4e2bde_o.jpg

Been a user since 2007, never pushed to get views, just posted on a couple of forums, never used a link in signatures, link under an image or anything like that. My most successful was a series I done at the Delorean Eurofest last summer, went round the world courtesy of those who attended from abroad and hit just shy of 7k views in 1 day.

Well I joined Flickr in July 2010 - to begin with didnt put much on there and even now only have 636 shots on my photostream.

To date I have 15,360 views and my most popular picture is this one with 1289 views...

Airbus A380-800 by TykeNRM Photography, on Flickr

In fact my 8 most popular pictures are of the A380 - all taken of the same plane the same day!

Next most popular (after the airbus lot) only has 362 views......this one

PA306673 by TykeNRM Photography, on Flickr

Since signing up for a pro account I've become obsessed with stats! :D

Still I've no idea why the picture of the couple seems to be as popular as it is, every time its viewed (which is usually only in 1's and 2's) it always comes from an unknown source!

Regards

Neil

danjama said:
Speaking of Flickr, how does a photo reach 'Explore' status? Is it merely by a member of flickr staff stumbling across it and liking it?

From what I've learnt, it's entirely random.

724,389 since May 2007, which is about 12,700 per month, partly explained by the fact that all of my photos on Flickr are published under a Creative Commons licence. My all-time most-viewed is Teenage Fashion 2009 which isn't surprising considering what people tend to search for.

You might just get that million before Yahoo goes bust, Nick! (Seem to remember you saying that on a similar thread on PH a year or so back.)

6213434201_1216ba8405_z.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

84,202 in just over two years. This one has the most views with 1,351.

Not many really, about 74,000, though I don't really do much commenting or join many groups
Oddly this is my highest hit rate, of a bike seen in Sri Lanka at just over 1000 views

Ceygra 200 by peak4, on Flickr

Followed by a not terribly inspiring photo of Bloodhound SSC. at 600

Bloodhound SSC by peak4, on Flickr

Last edited:
bbb said:

Hey, just had a look at your home page, awesome! Wicked idea, really suits the whole theme.
I did something similar with my home page with a shot of the back of my camera, it was a shining example of adobe fireworks and image replacing. You used the buttons on the camera and got a selection on the lcd screen. Took me forever but decided to ditch it as it was too "mystery meat" for most people.
You have some wicked imagery there though gotta hand it to ya!

I'm currently on 65,764, the one most viewed is 2,245, I'm not one for tagging or groups.

Good effort Nick!
I'm up to 162,480 now, but hardly posting anything these days so I won't hit a million any time soon!

Thanks all :)

Hey, just had a look at your home page, awesome! Wicked idea, really suits the whole theme.
I did something similar with my home page with a shot of the back of my camera, it was a shining example of adobe fireworks and image replacing. You used the buttons on the camera and got a selection on the lcd screen. Took me forever but decided to ditch it as it was too "mystery meat" for most people.
You have some wicked imagery there though gotta hand it to ya!

Cheers dude, my website could do with a re-vamp really but I never seem to have time :)

Musicman said:
Congrats Nick. (y)

730,197 for my stream as of a couple of minutes ago.

Doesn't that mean you have a little over 10,000 to go before the quarter million? :) :cautious:

Sure does. Too much of my brain being devoted to language at the moment!

Bit of a bump for this one as I'm bored again today!

Back in February: I had 157,703 views in total with 11,170 on my photostream.

Today: I have 181,593 views in total with 13,352 on my photostream.

...or about 230 views per day since February!

I have got the pro Flickr, just cannot see where I can get the info, saying that I am on my iPhone so I may get more options on my pc

Thanks mate

Matt

A grand total of 126,576 views, with "Very Down to Earth" the most viewed: 1867, and 104 favorites. ^_^

Very down to earth by -Porsupah-, on Flickr

As for Explore, one part of the secret sauce seems to be getting at least around 10% of viewers making it a favorite. (If you want to find out if you've hit the list, there are third party sites offering such, eg http://bighugelabs.com/scout.php - seems like Flickr ought to drop you a quick email alerting you to that, but it's usually easy enough to see from a sudden spike in interest. Wonderful way to gain warm fuzzies for the rest of the day)

I just don't post enough new material to mine to attract visits - only just creeping past the 40,000 mark at the moment

Bump.
I had 13k on my Photostream and 181k total back in May.
I rarely post new stuff these days, but I've added 45k views in a little over 5 months!
Total now 226k with 16.7k on the photostream!

Absolutely no idea! Very few though, I'd imagine, since all my photos on there are private - for me, FlickR is merely a hosting site, so no need for a pro account for me. Loving most of the shots that have been posted on this thread - stand outs for me are the Elite and the leaping bunnies. I like the idea behing Andy's facepalm but IMO, the eyes should be a LOT sharper. (Sorry for what may be seen as C&C on a non C&C thread).

Nod said:
Absolutely no idea! Very few though, I'd imagine, since all my photos on there are private - for me, FlickR is merely a hosting site, so no need for a pro account for me. Loving most of the shots that have been posted on this thread - stand outs for me are the Elite and the leaping bunnies. I like the idea behing Andy's facepalm but IMO, the eyes should be a LOT sharper. (Sorry for what may be seen as C&C on a non C&C thread).

No probs, totally agree!

It was just a messing around type shot which got some reason went crazy on flickr, and in hindsight I wish I'd spent more time on it. It's a self portrait hence the out of focus eyes! May have to try it again sometime...

No problem, Andy. Not sure how to get around the normal self portrait focus problem - maybe live view and plug the camera into a visible TV? Always hard to get the focus point on an eye without looking through the 'finder! At least you shouldn't have any problem finding the model for any planned reshoot! :)

Back