Beginner How to post photos

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

Not sure where to ask this question but here seemed to make sense! I can't work out how to post photos on forums here - I've tried both linking to flickr as well as 'upload a file' at the bottom but neither seems to work. Help please!

Thanks
Tom

The gallery/image posting system is being revamped here on TP....see the notice at the top of the page - so you can't upload/post images from the site gallery for a while unfortunately.

I found this guide useful for linking to Flickr:

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/tutorials/inserting-images-from-flickr-updated-22-08-15.7/

Not sure if it's bang up to date, but I managed to cobble something together....basically you need to select the image you want to share from Flickr, hit the share icon, select BBcode, select the size - 1024 on the long side is best - copy that link and paste it into your post here. Done!

:)

Last edited:
Not sure if it's bang up to date,
Yep that's the current method.

Plus images can be attached by using the "up load a file" button bottom right.
Files must be no bigger than 1024 px on the longest side nor larger than 500kb or you will get an error message.

TEST

44611077055_c2c9954c1d.jpg
Silver birch[/url] by Tom Pinches, on Flickr[/IMG]

Thanks for the replies folks. Still doesn't seem to work - can't work out what I'm doing wrong

Hooray!! Thanks all - sorry for being so stupid with this! :eek:)
You are not the first person to do this, ( or not do it as the case may be) and I'm sure you won't be the last :D

Glad you got there in the end (y)

Back