Beginner How to post photos

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

Not sure where to ask this question but here seemed to make sense! I can't work out how to post photos on forums here - I've tried both linking to flickr as well as 'upload a file' at the bottom but neither seems to work. Help please!

Thanks
Tom

Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
The gallery/image posting system is being revamped here on TP....see the notice at the top of the page - so you can't upload/post images from the site gallery for a while unfortunately.

I found this guide useful for linking to Flickr:

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/tutorials/inserting-images-from-flickr-updated-22-08-15.7/

Not sure if it's bang up to date, but I managed to cobble something together....basically you need to select the image you want to share from Flickr, hit the share icon, select BBcode, select the size - 1024 on the long side is best - copy that link and paste it into your post here. Done!

:)

Last edited:

Cobra

Just not pink enough
Staff member
Name
Phitt, Hissy Phitt
Edit My Images
No
Not sure if it's bang up to date,
Yep that's the current method.

Plus images can be attached by using the "up load a file" button bottom right.
Files must be no bigger than 1024 px on the longest side nor larger than 500kb or you will get an error message.

Cobra

Just not pink enough
Staff member
Name
Phitt, Hissy Phitt
Edit My Images
No
Hooray!! Thanks all - sorry for being so stupid with this! :eek:)
You are not the first person to do this, ( or not do it as the case may be) and I'm sure you won't be the last :D

Glad you got there in the end (y)