Huawei caught using DSLR photos (again) to show off its phone

This has happened many times in the past, Samsung were guilty of it and I believe Apple too at one point

It does not really matter, we all know that a smart phone can easily keep up with any pro camera (from any brand). We are just in denial as it is our hobby/livelihood and we all look a bit stupid now with the money we have spent :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I am not surprised one bit they see the need to use quality external images nor am I surprised about the company cheating once again in many different ways.

P.S. In chinese Huawei apparently means 'to serve china'. And they do

Not quite.

The name Huawei may be translated as "splendid act" or "China is able"; Hua can mean "splendid" or "China", while wei can mean "action" or "achievement".

Not quite.

The name Huawei may be translated as "splendid act" or "China is able"; Hua can mean "splendid" or "China", while wei can mean "action" or "achievement".

I didn't really plan to get into semantics and obviously different translations are possible and we'd need a native Chinese speaker to really solve this.

I don't use wikipeadia for anything so that's from google translate:
华 - China. A few other meanings such as flower or similar adjectives are possible.
为 - the logical ones include "for", "serve (as)", "act as", "because of"

It sounds like a very complex and ambiguous language if english isn't bad enough sometimes! And it may be a good idea to get familiar with it if you want to be part of the coming global economy.

Just for interests sake, my Mrs best friend is Chinese so I'll see if I can remember and ask for a translation tomorrow... assuming she can accurately translate it into English :D

I have the P20 Pro and more than happy with it and the camera is fantastic for a phone.

Ditto above responses - I have a P20 Pro (P8 and P9 before this) and it is a very good piece of kit indeed.

Back