Hyster's 52, Respect added.

Hi Gary for a fill in shot, that's brilliant...:clap::clap::clap:

you never fail to hit a good shot for me mate...focus on the eye and that bit of forground is excellent...(y)

Exposed - blimey that is spooky :) Shades of Friday 13th and Halloween! Nicely done though - a standout image!

Mono: Yeah now that is cool! What I'd normally expect in bright froggy colours converted to a very nice B&W and the focus and dof are just right!

Very nice stuff :)

Sorry I've been neglecting your shots - I can't believe I've missed so many.

Food: This works for me. I love the dof and the fact that little tips of asparagus dip in and out of focus. Beautifully done.

Exposed: Another vote for Star Wars from me. It's a very dramatic shot and really clever - I'd never have thought of that set up - thanks for sharing it. :)

Mono: Excellent. I must admit I've never thought of mowing the lawn with my camera at the ready. :LOL: Lovely capture though and glad it was with your camera not your lawnmower.

Jean

Thanks Jean.

Hi Gary for a fill in shot, that's brilliant...:clap:

you never fail to hit a good shot for me mate...focus on the eye and that bit of forground is excellent...(y)

Very kind of you Marcus, thank you.

I missed this! And I agree. For a filler it's a damn good shot! well done (y)

To be honest it looked better in colour but I was passed the deadline for the image and, well, needs must. Out with the crowbar and make it fit the theme:D

This is definitely not one to be ashamed of :nono:

DoF is spot on with an obvious focal point :clap:

You are too kind.

Exposed - blimey that is spooky :) Shades of Friday 13th and Halloween! Nicely done though - a standout image!

Mono: Yeah now that is cool! What I'd normally expect in bright froggy colours converted to a very nice B&W and the focus and dof are just right!

Very nice stuff :)

Thank you very much DS.

This one almost passed me by.

Not an obvious subject for a mono conversion, but it works really well (y)
And for a last minute "cop out" as you called it . . . :clap: :clap: :clap:

As has already been said focal point and dof are superb.
You've really captured the texture of the skin well too!

Love the shot of the frog..cant say much more than has already been said other than it is really nicely processed for b&w.

Mono frog, I like it. The composition is spot on and the conversion works a treat.

This one almost passed me by.

Not an obvious subject for a mono conversion, but it works really well (y)
And for a last minute "cop out" as you called it . . . :clap: :clap: :clap:

As has already been said focal point and dof are superb.
You've really captured the texture of the skin well too!

thanks Sarah

Love the shot of the frog..cant say much more than has already been said other than it is really nicely processed for b&w.

Cheers for that

Mono frog, I like it. The composition is spot on and the conversion works a treat.

Thanks Mark

Week 33[/B4

Season

I decided fairly early on this week that I would make my season about the new football season, never tried it before so it was something different.

I found my keep rate was really poor, lots of shut eyes and mistimed efforts, slightly out of focus and so on. I left with new found respect for some the amazing sports togs we have on this site.

I keep a small flash card in my camera bag for when I leave the house without one, today I needed it:LOL:

Filled the card and went home, I'm sure I will be back to have another go, next time I'm taking a seat though.

Anyway heres my effort,

season.jpg

That's a damn fine effort Gary...great oof bg and movement in the shot...:clap::clap::clap:

the focus is only a tad off which is a shame, but hats of for trying this shot as I know you really don't put anything in that's not up to scratch.

I've tried sports and it's so hard to nail...very good and almost there...(y)

Slightly difficult one for me to comment on . . . sports shots are really not my thing.

Nevertheless I can appreciate how difficult a shot this must have been. I think you've done brilliantly well to freeze the action like that and you've caught a great expression on his face.

Very nicely composed with the position of the player and the oof background - I don't even want to think about how difficult it is to actually "compose" a sports shot :D

Focus might not be quite perfect, but given the challenge of getting this sort of shot I feel guilty even mentioning it :shake:

Ah a non salt and pepper interpretation :) Nice one :)

And a good one too - like Sarah sports isn't my thing but I like this and the expression you've caught too and the stilled motion - almost as if his legs and head are going in different directions :)

From someone who ended up face down on a muddy touchline the only time she tried togging a rugby match - I think you've done a dammed good job here. (y)

You've caught that determined steely expression on his face AND a sense of movement. I hope he found his 'man' with that shot - you certainly found it with yours. :)

Jean

That's a damn fine effort Gary...great oof bg and movement in the shot...

the focus is only a tad off which is a shame, but hats of for trying this shot as I know you really don't put anything in that's not up to scratch.

I've tried sports and it's so hard to nail...very good and almost there...:

Ta Marcus, found it frustrating and enjoyable in equal measure.

Slightly difficult one for me to comment on . . . sports shots are really not my thing.

Nevertheless I can appreciate how difficult a shot this must have been. I think you've done brilliantly well to freeze the action like that and you've caught a great expression on his face.

Very nicely composed with the position of the player and the oof background - I don't even want to think about how difficult it is to actually "compose" a sports shot

Focus might not be quite perfect, but given the challenge of getting this sort of shot I feel guilty even mentioning it :shake:

Thanks Sarah, not perfect but the best of a bad bunch :D

yes the pros make it look easy...

interested in what tecnique you used...
When I tried to take some local football I used back button focusing combined with AI Servo which seemed to work well...

I switched to AI servo but just used the centre focus point and quickly recomposed

Ah a non salt and pepper interpretation :) Nice one :)

And a good one too - like Sarah sports isn't my thing but I like this and the expression you've caught too and the stilled motion - almost as if his legs and head are going in different directions

Thank you DS.

From someone who ended up face down on a muddy touchline the only time she tried togging a rugby match - I think you've done a dammed good job here. (y)

You've caught that determined steely expression on his face AND a sense of movement. I hope he found his 'man' with that shot - you certainly found it with yours.

Jean

I actually tried to catch a bit of rugby action on Satarday, only caught the last 5mins and everything happened on the opposite touchline, load of pics of rugby players backs :D

Thanks for your kind words Jean.

Blimey, I've slipped a long way behind in commenting on here... Sorry about that... You've done very well with all of them. I do see where Mrs H is coming from on Colour. Sorry it's not more detailed... 2 weeks away has left so much to do...

You've done well I think, I too have tried sports togging and can only echo your comments about the standard of sports togs on this forum. It gives me something to aspire to. You've caught this player at an interesting moment which gives the viewer plenty to consider. Good work!

Ah season! I was considering something like this myself but didn't quite know how to do it. Love your effort at it! Dying to try some sports photography myself, but haven't had a chance yet. Great effort! Gets a (y) from me :)

Week 35 Grunge

IMG_3103-Edit-1.jpg

Sorry for not commenting on all your pics, I will get around to it soon.

Thanks as always for the feedback, now....., respect, :thinking:

I really like the vignetting on this, I'm not usually a fan but it suits the image really well. A great shot really well processed.

Catch up time for me!

Season, what an out of the box take on the theme, and well done on capturing the action. As you say, sports togs make it look so easy but action is so hard to focus and shoot, so well done on getting that. (y)

Grunge, I can only agree wih jeangenie on this one, great use of the vignette and the mono conversion works really well :clap::clap:

I love this shot - great conversion and a fascinating image of waste and delapidation

A really ace image :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I really like the vignetting on this, I'm not usually a fan but it suits the image really well. A great shot really well processed.

Thanks Mark.

A different take on grunge and I think it's worked really well (y)
The processing and vignetting gives an aged look to the whole image and it's worked brilliantly in the context of this week's theme.

I like this a lot (y)

Cheers for that Sarah.

I agree with Mark and Sarah - and it's a perfect example of a technique (in this case vignetting) being used in an appropriate way to add to the picture.

Well spotted, Hyster - and very well executed. Loadsa respect for this!

Jean

Thank you Jean.

Catch up time for me!

Season, what an out of the box take on the theme, and well done on capturing the action. As you say, sports togs make it look so easy but action is so hard to focus and shoot, so well done on getting that. (y)

Grunge, I can only agree wih jeangenie on this one, great use of the vignette and the mono conversion works really well :clap::clap:

Thanks very much.

I love this shot - great conversion and a fascinating image of waste and delapidation

A really ace image

Thank you,

I like....
Great PP. and take on the theme...

Thanks Kenny.

Excellent shot. Really like the PP too

Thanks.

Week 36 Respect

IMG_4859-1.jpg

Went to the Air show at Leuchars on Saturday, really enjoyed the day and it was a cracking day. Sitting here typing with a face like a raspberry :razz:

I'm filled with admiration for the bravery and skill of the guys who fly these things so this is my respect image for this week.

Thanks Jean, I think it was take off so pretty low.

It was taken with a Canon 100-400L, lovely lens, it push/pulls to zoom and that took a little getting used to.

I missed your grunge which i think is a fantastic shot (y)

Respect - another great take on the theme (i must stop looking as i havent done mine yet :( )

Grunge, excellent shot. Love how you've processed that.

Respect, love the take on the theme, the detail in the F16 is superb.

Sorry I missed your Grunge mate...:(

nice take on this theme, and it works a treat...:clap::clap::clap:

Excellent Respect...cracking shot Gary...(y)

Absolutely stunning detail in that :clap:

Even with it fairly low I'm amazed at how much you've managed to capture . . . the decoration on the tail and even the pilot in the cockpit. On top of all that, it looks perfectly exposed too.

Fantastic shot and a great take on the theme!

You've caught that really well the detail is superb.:clap:

Really like your Grunge shot. Nicely captured and definitely fits the theme well.
The Respect shot is cool too...must be hard to capture such rapid machines. You must have quick reflexes!

Back