"I am not a terrorist!", "Photography is not a crime!" - The fightback starts here...

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
The British Journal of Photography has begun a campaign to fightback against the rising tide of terrorism accusations aimed at photographers, with their "Not a Crime" campaign, which has received the support of Magnum photographers.

Click the link to go to the BJP article, or go straight to the website here.

You can also join the flickr group and take a self portrait holding up a sign and post it here http://www.flickr.com/groups/iamnotaterrorist

Your avatar in a self portrait should work................

Oh the irony.............

LOL

We'd love it if everyone joined and supported the motion. The more people that get behind this, the better chance we have as photographers of getting our voice heard.

They need to set up a second campaign titled "I am not a paedophile" as well.

I'm ahead of you, Marcel ;-)

This is an excellent campaign in my view - its just a pity the flickr group has the SPs in a queue awaiting moderation.

Joined up and will post a picture soon, thanks for the link Marcel

Well I did ask if my shot from my 365 was acceptable as they do state 'White card'...would a grey T-shirt be ok? Awaiting a reply to my flickrmail :p

My photo has been given the nod, so I've added it to the flickr group.
It did come up quite quickly so I don't know if they still have submissions on approval now.

Like Yv says, get mentioning it everywhere you can. We've twittered it at www.BANNED/talkphotography for you to retweet.

Mine's there now.

I think this is a really important campaign supported by some heavyweight people. As many people as possible should get on board.

Well done mods for putting this on the front page of TP, too.

Indeed. Considering it's backed by some heavyweights, it's got the biggest chance of success.

I've edited the options on the front page, so the title appears clearer :)

il get working on it tomorrow, will take pictures of my friends with same sign, about time someone stood up for us!

I haven't had any issues as yet ...... but I'd rather head it off at the pass ...... so I'm in .... just got to sort out an SP :thinking:

Paul

Great idea ....give the police photos of yourself so they can get anyone who claims to be a victim of some imaginary wrong doing to point out.......thats him(y)

Think I will steer clear of this one

joined the flickr group will post a pic in the morning

tbh DM if the govt want a pic of photographers they just look to see who bought cameras recently then look up the corresponding driving license picture

A great cause Marcel and such an inspirational idea with the T-shirt, Would you mind if others adopted the idea and wore their own designs with pride?

Ok, lets stop this one before it starts please. No one is obliged to join in, but lets keep the thread positive and encouraging for those that do. I would like to think most people are adult enough to make their own decision one way or the other without the need to slate the idea or get personal. :nono:

I have cleaned things up, please keep it that way!

joined the flickr group will post a pic in the morning

tbh DM if the govt want a pic of photographers they just look to see who bought cameras recently then look up the corresponding driving license picture

LOL - assuming you have a licence with a picture on it. My tatty green paper one is staying as it's free

Was reading about this the other day, I think it's a good idea, but could potentially get out a hand...

Done. It appears you can add pictures to the group immediately now.

LOL - assuming you have a licence with a picture on it. My tatty green paper one is staying as it's free

had to didn't get a choice when I applied for mine

and there was no way I'd turn down being political without leaving the room, the student dream both cool/edgy AND lazy :D

Lol - mine looks like tissue paper it's so old and worn thin, but I'm damned if i'm swapping it for a new one!

Joined and uploaded:)
terrorist.jpg

Dean:)

Good work those of you who have posted - there's a healthy number of pics filtering through to the flickr group now

:LOL:

I've joined the group, but will have to sort out the photo later.

Joined and added my photo, really like the idea.

Edit:

3729959431_8c36a383fa_o.jpg

My ugly mug :)

Last edited:
i took some shots of my friends with their cameras today but need to wait til i pick up the negatives tomorrow before i can show them!

still thinking for an idea for mines too... :thinking:

Back