"I am not a terrorist!", "Photography is not a crime!" - The fightback starts here...

raikiri, nice shot but they are looking for people who have a camera in the picture too

Damn it. There's a lens, technically. That will do :p

Edit: Looking through the photos many don't have one and it doesn't say that on the website.

Not_A_Crime said:
Over the next year we hope to gather thousands of self-portraits of
photographers-professional and amateur—from around the world,
each holding up a white card with the words, ‘Not a crime’ or ‘I am not a terrorist’.

Last edited:
Has anyone started a facebook group for this yet?

Edit: There'a FB group here!

Edit again: Forget that group, it's full of hippies and muppets who look to be just after a fight rather than actually caring.

Last edited:
Many years ago my friend who is a gay man with a group of other like minded souls took in part in the first ‘Gay’ parade in Manchester, walking from Philips park to Manchester city Centre shouting the mantra ‘we’re here we’re queer and we’re not here to shop’ he and his ‘fellow’ protesters laid the seed for what has now become ‘Mardi Gras’.
Why not photographers lets have our own protest march or mass photographic demonstration. taking pictures of everything and everybody on the way , they cannot arrest us all.

What do you think ?

Posted my photo to the flickr group earlier today.

Horrible photo I know :puke: but it makes the point.

well I admit I am no oil painting, but I really wanted to do this particular shot as my part of the campaign. Here, in London, my city, with parliament in the background. After several aborted attempts due to weather and stuff it is now posted to the group. I don't 'do' self portraits, but will make exceptions occasionally ;)

3737115138_9c8f23ae93.jpg

well I admit I am no oil painting, but I really wanted to do this particular shot as my part of the campaign. Here, in London, my city, with parliament in the background. After several aborted attempts due to weather and stuff it is now posted to the group. I don't 'do' self portraits, but will make exceptions occasionally ;)

Good for you Yv.:clap::clap::clap:

I really hate being the "wrong" side of the camera.:puke:
But I think this is where we need to make a stand.(y)

Once I've got a decent :)lol:) pic of me with my sign, its going up.:eek:

Spence

/me agrees with Spence

Thanks for doing this Yv

The fact that you've got the London Eye in your shot is well cool,

You're far more photogenic than me, Yv :LOL:

/me agrees with Spence

Thanks for doing this Yv

The fact that you've got the London Eye in your shot is well cool,

(y) thankyou, I just really really wanted a shot that included several things we get grief for photographing with fancy cameras. It felt like it would have been a waste living here in London, home of our leaders, blah blah, and just taking an sp in the back garden.

You're far more photogenic than me, Yv :LOL:

You DONT want to see my photoshop work flow on this one. :LOL:

(y) thankyou, I just really really wanted a shot that included several things we get grief for photographing with fancy cameras. It felt like it would have been a waste living here in London, home of our leaders, blah blah, and just taking an sp in the back garden.

:

So glad you're on the same wavelength as me without having to spell it out

All done for a very worthy cause ...

3738169263_e58ba173d9_m.jpg

Ill be taking part :D

Edit: I am not a member on Flickr, and I dont intend on becoming one either, would someone post my pic on my behalf? Or should I just not bother? :p

Last edited:
Last edited:
Ill be taking part :D

Edit: I am not a member on Flickr, and I dont intend on becoming one either, would someone post my pic on my behalf? Or should I just not bother? :p

Betty who used to frequent OcUK? Go on then :) I only made a FlickR account for this anyway.

Not the best photo in the world, but it does the job. I'm in and on Flickr.
3741694239_d82baaf247.jpg

I'm there.

It's unfortunate that social apathy is as responsible as anyone else for these laws.

People can't be arse to do a thing about it.

Come on everyone, do it!

....People can't be arse to do a thing about it.

That may be true mate, but there are also a fair few folk out there who tightly hold onto the belief that the issues do not exist, it's merely the hysterical ravings of the paranoid and delusional.
In addition the comparison of digital cameras sold, to members of the public who have not encountered any harassment, victimization or experienced any mis-use of the terrorism act simply enforce this belief further with ney sayers.

I don't think that folk can't be arsed a such, just that not everyone has recognized the ramifications of restricting photography in accordance of all the anti terror hype and nonsense. (y)

I think this 'Not A Crime' assignment is wonderful and I'l certainly be adding my SP to the group.

Awesome :LOL:

God I really need to make the effort, Ive just not got the strength :D

And a radiator high up on the wall :thinking:

But...you all look like Criminals...I'd arrest you all on principle...lol

And a radiator high up on the wall :thinking:

Yer, that one perplexed me a little when we moved in, at least it's off in the summer.
Handy in the winter though on a cold morning, you can kinda cuddle it when having your morning shower. :D

Toggerals...? Croginals...?

I think you'll find the correct term is photoginals and photiminals. :LOL:

Last edited:
Toggerist not terrorist.....

My camera is NOT a weapon of mass destruction. It does not explode....I can shoot you, but it really won't hurt

Back