I can't believe I took this!

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
I haven't done to much Post processing on this yet, I have a raw file so I should be able to fix the sky. What do you think?
Taken not long after sunrise on the banks of derwentwater in the lakes.

DSC_0105-HDR_hf.jpg

great shot steve, well done. (y) now lets see what you can do in photoshop to make it amazing.

Really nice shot mate, the rays coming through the tree's are so nicely fanned out with the matching reflection - very nice!

That is beautiful well done, makes it worth getting up early when you get one like that!

That is one stunning exposure, the rays of sun coming through the trees and the mist rising from the water... Stunning, absolutely stunning.

That is a pretty spectacular shot, jaw dropping to be specific.
I would do very little to it in PP to be honest

Pity about most of it being blown......don't do Raw so do not know how to fix things with one.
On the image info it says it's an HDR...so is this many images merged.
I did some minor levels adjustments on it and feel it looks like an hdr might have been.

Keith (y)

This is the photograph everyone wants to take.

****in' beautiful. :clap:

Thanks for the great comments everybody!

Hi Keith,
I chucked it through Oloneo to enhance detail.
I'll put up the original straight off the camera with exif in a mo.
Steve

That would win stuff! What camera was it taken on?

Hi Dylan,
It's taken with a two week old Nikon D90 with a Nikkor 18-200 at about 35mm 1/80th sec
F 11. No filters. I tend to shoot a Raw and Jpeg file so I will recover the sky in PP.( I hope!)
Thanks
Steve

Beautiful shot and well deserved :clap:

Right place, right time, right conditions, right shot

I'm lucky if I can get one out of those :LOL:

Well done

HDR it and I will be very very annoyed! It's perfect, definately could do with some RAW adjustments, try shifting the white balance to some warmer tones?

Thanks Steve...hope you don't mind but this is what I managed with a bit of levels/sats/etc.
Keith :thumbs
DSC_0105-HDR_hfvgh.jpg

Thanks David,
I only got back today but I intend to recover the sky and clone / crop out the roof of the building on the left. Other than that I'm scared to do too much to it!
Steve

Good grief :eek:
That is probably THE most wonderful picture I have ever seen.
Utterly, utterly incredible.

I would be SO buzzing if that were mine.

1000 congrats to you. I'd start sending in to comps straight away :D

I can't say anything the others haven't - just wow!!! (Don't clone the roof out - it works as it is!)

Very nice image. Well done for capturing it.

Very good shot, I do like the edit from ringy neck, think it brings it out nicely.

Well done

What does it look like in B+W??

Back