I can't believe I took this!

Yup I would be happy to hang up my camera and start up knitting or something else after taking a shot like that :LOL:

right place, right time, right settings. Perfection!

Steve

That is a superb shot and needs very little embelishment if any other than perhaps as you say something doing with the sky.

I would be so very pleased if I got a shot like that,
you are a lucky and of course skilled fellow!

Thats a competition shot for sure and a winner at that :clap:

Well done!
Good effort for bieng in the right place at the right time and set up to capture it

I'm sure there are plenty of people here to give you a hand with the PP if you need it. I'd love to see the final version when youre finished

very good photo cant help but think some thing need to be done to max it have had a look and here are two copies of it what do you think?
first yours
DSC_0105-HDR_hf.jpg

5198239222_5f7e9e64e5_b.jpg
5197641725_7dc58a8753_b.jpg

Hope you see what I am saying I wish I had taken in.....

very good photo cant help but think some thing need to be done to max it have had a look and here are two copies of it what do you think?

to be honest, I prefer the original, I think the sky looks to bright on these to have given such rays?

Steve, this is an awesome photo, definately a case of the green eyed monster for me now!

I'd do very little pp to it, though I reckon your gonna have fun deciding what to do and when to stop! :puke:

Can't wait to see your final version. (y)

to be honest, I prefer the original, I think the sky looks to bright on these to have given such rays?

Interesting you say this as I have darken the sky not lighten it look at the cloud and the trees on skyline the sky it self has not changed its the same it reads 255,255,255 in all of the photos [the original jpg] ie blown out white

Last edited:
Well I'm a bit confused, when I take a reading of Steve's sky, I get a variety of readings but the majority around 214,214,214. And it doesn't look blown either?

Any ideas why we're seeing such different things? Steve, what do you get on the original?

...Ah, just realised what's going on I think. You've reworked the original, which does indeed have a blown sky, but you've copied the edited one of Steve's into your reply.

So yup, your right about the rays, though I prefer Steve's edit with the slightly darker sky.

Phew, I was getting in a pickle trying to work that one out!

what can I add? nothing except GIT:p:LOL::LOL:

Stunning capture and you've convinced me to get the 18-200 as I have nothing below a 35mm Prime.

If the Sky was slightly darkened/exposed thats ALL the PP I'd do as changing the 'rays' will make them look artificial as opposed to the harsh light of day....IMO

...Ah, just realised what's going on I think. You've reworked the original, which does indeed have a blown sky, but you've copied the edited one of Steve's into your reply.

So yup, your right about the rays, though I prefer Steve's edit with the slightly darker sky.

Phew, I was getting in a pickle trying to work that one out!

I think you are not going mad .........the original DOES have a blown sky BUT apart from that one cloud on the left the 2 latest edits have a TOTALLY blown sky.

I wonder how Steve will get around the blown sky problem as I said before i don't know how Raw works but surely if it aint there how can it be fixed.
Keith (y)

Fantastic capture, well done -The sky doesn't have to look totally blown, even if it is..... this took about 15 seconds and is pretty (very) messy, but better than white!

9iqvif.jpg

yeah... not bad............:LOL:

:exit:

I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned it, but that's a pretty good photo you've got there :D

This is my first attempt at sorting the sky. I dropped the exposure in lightroom and then used a layer mask in PS.
I've altered the white balance also.

closeencounter-0105.jpg

I prefer the un-edited version, your edit has changed the atmosphere of the shot.

Regards

rubbish...........................................................:LOL::LOL:,

actually i would say awe inspiring, fantastic, mystical, stunning.!!!!!!!

I can only dream of taking a photo like that.. maybe one day though...

Can I borrow it for desktop wallpaper please?

Back