I need a digi camera....

That's handy as I've seen my son magnify shots on his mobile. Is the camera set for decent MPs and will it show up the faults on the pics above or do I need to download the jpgs to my computer?
You can view a magnified image on the back screen though it's better on a PC.

SRB Photographic (used to be Griturn IIRC) would be my recommendation. Not cheap but the adaptors from them work!

Well if I see a A7r or A6000 at the bootie for £50, I'll treat the camera to the best adapter :D
SRB film service Luton (might be the same) were great for special adapters and bought (about 30 years ago) a Rollei SL66 adapter to 67mm

Did you get your 20mm for a lucky cheap buy OR it cost what it costs? The completed listings on the bay and cheapest with a few scratches on the front element was £127 inc postage
It was £7.50 off the bootie but the rear element was clearly scratched, I thought for £7.50 it was worth a risk, the filter on it was worth that.
Anyway, pictures from it were poop, so it went to Nikon for a new rear and cla @ £90
Still a bargain for a hundred quid though, I don't actually like it that much, distortion is typical of WA's...:(

It was £7.50 off the bootie but the rear element was clearly scratched, I thought for £7.50 it was worth a risk, the filter on it was worth that.
Anyway, pictures from it were poop, so it went to Nikon for a new rear and cla @ £90
Still a bargain for a hundred quid though, I don't actually like it that much, distortion is typical of WA's...:(

Never seen a very wide angle Nikkor at the bootie, your luck was in and if it was me, would probably have used the lens with the scratches....this guy seems to know something about Nikkor lenses if interested he certainly likes the 35mm f1.4 :- http://www.naturfotograf.com/lens_wide.html

Last edited:
Never seen a very wide angle Nikkor at the bootie, your luck was in and if it was me, would probably have used the lens with the scratches....

nah, a pinhole would have been sharper, and probably cheaper than 7.50

5btwft.jpg

30bpv0n.jpg

this guy seems to know something about Nikkor lenses if interested he certainly likes the 35mm f1.4 :- http://www.naturfotograf.com/lens_wide.html

35's are a country mile better for distortion than 20's, they're both called WA's but that's about all they have in common, I need a 35 f2, not fussed about 1.4

That's bad..I can see a few scratches but the rest doesn't look like fungus that I've seen before......my guess is:- lens shoved in a box in a car journey with something touching the rear element and the bouncing around cause the scratches and rubbed marks

Didn't I read somewhere that somebody was scuffing up their rear element like that with wire wool or emery cloth.......on purpose!...o_O

They liked the effect it produced, can't see it myself but waddooIknow

I dunno what to say about that.......dingbats

Brian says the Nex arrived this morning :banana:

Not bad considering I posted it at 11.00 yesterday morning.

Brian says the Nex arrived this morning :banana:

Not bad considering I posted it at 11.00 yesterday morning.

La Poste out here is doing well too but hey it's December / Xmas post time .....Profit while you can cos after New year, we'll be best returning to carrier pigeon services:D

La Poste out here is doing well too but hey it's December / Xmas post time .....Profit while you can cos after New year, we'll be best returning to carrier pigeon services:D

Well sending that filter to you I could have cycled from London to the south of France quicker...lets see now:- 845miles divided by 12 (miles/hr) = 70 hours + 2 hours on the ferry total 72hours :D

Well I bought the Nex 3..using digi is too handy to ignore anymore and what finally convinced me was:- we all went to a pub and had the OM2 (no flash gun) with 200 iso film, the only place we could find to sit was quite dark so with the OM2 I couldn't see the exposure meter to take a manual reading so I set the OM2 on auto and the shot was a cockup by the camera..yeah OK I should have used the T70 where I can at least see the f no for a selected shutter speed ;) and for low light I'm not paying £9-£13 for 800 iso film and don't do B\W.
Also going to try it for testing and comparing lenses with an adapter, not sure yet if a VG prime is better then the camera but should be OK for zooms and lenses with 2Xs convertor.

Well I bought the Nex 3..using digi is too handy to ignore anymore and what finally convinced me was:- we all went to a pub and had the OM2 (no flash gun) with 200 iso film, the only place we could find to sit was quite dark so with the OM2 I couldn't see the exposure meter to take a manual reading so I set the OM2 on auto and the shot was a cockup by the camera..yeah OK I should have used the T70 where I can at least see the f no for a selected shutter speed ;) and for low light I'm not paying £9-£13 for 800 iso film and don't do B\W.
Also going to try it for testing and comparing lenses with an adapter, not sure yet if a VG prime is better then the camera but should be OK for zooms and lenses with 2Xs convertor.

I'd highly recommend any of the OM Zuiko primes. I used on OM 50/1.8 almost entirely on my NEX5 along with a 28/2.8 and the results were great.

Hayley and Chloe at Parkgate by Steve Lloyd, on Flickr

TalkPhotography MegaMeet 2015 by Steve Lloyd, on Flickr

The sun in a flower by Steve Lloyd, on Flickr

Obviously, the thing to remember is that the NEX is a 1.5 crop so the 50 becomes an equivalent 75mm.

That number plate should have an I in it. :D

Nice shots Steve and we all know a good digi camera can at least equal (or better than) 35 film for detail, but I can't see me using the Nex3 other than for low light shots or testing lenses as it just ain't cricket o_O

I suspect everyone prefers the second, doubly so @Asha and @ChrisR who would probably have burst into flames with another blast from that flash. In a completely unlreated note you really can't make out @Andysnap up the back in the second.

I DID have hair at the onset of that evening ........

until it was scorched off!!:D

Would cause a laugh if I said "right guys I'm not going to use flash, and I'm going to set up a tripod as I've only got 100 ISO film, so everyone stay still for a slow shutter speed" o_O:D

Would cause a laugh if I said "right guys I'm not going to use flash, and I'm going to set up a tripod as I've only got 100 ISO film, so everyone stay still for a slow shutter speed" o_O:D
We'd all probably look more presentable with a bit of blur Bri, at least Andys @Andysnap fashionable stripes wouldn't be quite so.......... dazzling! :D

@ Mrs Snap Janet. where does he get his fashion style from cos no one else could get away with it:p.......Don't tell me it's you who buys him these shirts!!!:eek::exit::D:D

We'd all probably look more presentable with a bit of blur Bri, at least Andys @Andysnap fashionable stripes wouldn't be quite so.......... dazzling! :D

@ Mrs Snap Janet. where does he get his fashion style from cos no one else could get away with it:p.......Don't tell me it's you who buys him these shirts!!!:eek::exit::D:D

Moi?? Hahahaha!!

His sense of 'style' is all his own work!

:LOL:

That was an F and C meet and I had made an effort.... cheeky blighter. :)

I reckon the diehard filmies here are closeted digi users :sneaky: as it's amazing how they put up a quick shot of their gear...come on Joxby come clean. :bat:

I am, if I didn't have a digital camera, the back door would slam shut.....its an invaluable device in that respect...:)

If Canon don't want to look at this old lens, have you tried Lens Doctor they seem to have a pretty good reputation for refurbishment and mods.

Over a week now after sending an email and they haven't bothered to reply so Lens Doctor gets a raspberry from me. :(

Back