I saw this today and it made me feel good

I love spending time just messing with my photos and experimenting, this is an unused remnant from my 52's this week. These peppers are so bright and vibrant, I edited the background in to give them a Mediterranean feel, hopefully I'll have some time to do do some more they're very photogenic.

32669315382_323f5012fe_o.jpg

Last edited:
I can't really say the seagulls make me feel good because they steal the fish from our pond !! But this one makes me smile, he sits on the flat roof and every so often comes down and knocks very loudly on the patio door, I've tried getting a photo of him doing it but he flies off the minute he sees movement.

33024829651_a51762efd8_o.jpg

Hi Susie

Just come across this thread and really enjoyed the, dare I say, randomness of the shots, but all tied together with your theme of making you feel good.
Also your point re a 365 is well made as these shots are taken for the enjoyment and telling a story with your short comments, rather than being tied down to the rigours and, possibly, drudgery, of taking a shot a day.

Hi Susie

Just come across this thread and really enjoyed the, dare I say, randomness of the shots, but all tied together with your theme of making you feel good.
Also your point re a 365 is well made as these shots are taken for the enjoyment and telling a story with your short comments, rather than being tied down to the rigours and, possibly, drudgery, of taking a shot a day.

Thanks Alan, much appreciated.

What's not to like about those, the second one of Flora is is just great

I'm in London for a few days visiting my grandaughter at Uni ...I had a brilliant first day yesterday, we walked to St James' Park, down The Mall and on to the Natural History museum, we managed to walk seven miles !!

I took loads of photos but I really like these two off my iPhone ... these Chelsea pensioners were so lovely, posing constantly for photos, the one on the right in particular greeted everyone like a long long lost friend. It was the same with the policewoman on horseback, constantly answering questions and having her photo taken.
Couldn't resist the patisserie on the way home :) chocolate afternoon tea booked today :D

IMG_4116.JPG

IMG_4118.JPG

IMG_4117.JPG

Last edited:
Fantastic idea for a project Susie.
I like the sentiment/ethos behind it. Of your most recent images, the Chelsea pensioners stands out.
The fella on the right has a real look of mischief on his face.

whereabouts are you based Susie ? Loooks like south west somewhere ?

Susie, like the tree shots, are they on the A30 around Okehampton?

Fantastic idea for a project Susie.
I like the sentiment/ethos behind it. Of your most recent images, the Chelsea pensioners stands out.
The fella on the right has a real look of mischief on his face.

Thank you Iain @blakester ...I really appreciate you looking in.

The Chelsea pensioner was an absolute gem ...I've attached a better photo below. I don't know if you've noticed with your faces project but there are some people who seem to radiate something so genuine and special you just want to bottle it.

Chelsea pensioner by Susiejb, on Flickr

The Chelsea pensioner was an absolute gem ...I've attached a better photo below. I don't know if you've noticed with your faces project but there are some people who seem to radiate something so genuine and special you just want to bottle it.

I have come across that many times through my strangers project Susie.
People are wonderful, it's what keeps me engaged in my project, the gentleman above looks to have so much personality. You've certainly captured that in his portrait.

It certainly is Mark ...I'm on the wonderful north coast road on the outskirts of Newquay.

Nice part of the country....We are eyeing up Paignton as a possible retirement location.Went to Ilfracombe last year and found that we preferred South Devon over the rockier North coast.

BTW,Flora is adorable !

Nice part of the country....We are eyeing up Paignton as a possible retirement location.Went to Ilfracombe last year and found that we preferred South Devon over the rockier North coast.

BTW,Flora is adorable !

We moved to Cornwall 37 years ago and much as I love it here in many ways if I had the choice again I would choose Devon too.

I really do like this one Susie, you have capture the Chelsea pensioner beautifully I think :)

What a lovely uplifting thread. Just reading the title, then skimming through all the photos made me smile - so thanks for that.

There's a real variety of styles throughout, but they're all nicely done. You have a good eye for a photo and it comes right across in the collection.
Thumbs up from me!

The cheeky rabbit has certainly made me smile today. :)

Ducks do make a mess of garden ponds. Two kept visiting my wildlife pond until they got the message that they weren't welcome. Before they left they'd ripped up lots of pond weed and eaten most of the water snails.

I keep taking photos for this thread then not getting around to posting them!

Hard to believe we had sunshine last week as it's so dreary now.

A good thing about living so near to the coast is that there are so many wonderful walks. In one direction I head towards Watergate Bay ... the gorse on the clifftop is stunning against the blue sea at the moment. At the end of the path there's a small restaurant with a conservatory on the beach, it's just right for a welcome drink and the perfect place to watch all the activity on the beach.

IMG_4321.JPG

IMG_4323.JPG

Walking in the other direction this is Crantock, not many holidaymakers ...yet!

IMG_4319.JPG

Out in the car yesterday, I passed the time driving home by taking photos out of the window, a couple of my favourites.

View attachment 96196

I'm sure I recognise those trees... is that on the A30 between Okehampton and Launceston?

[my inlaws live in Callington, so I get to see them at least a couple of times a year]

Last edited:
Back