I sense a forthcoming dilemma

simon ess

Just call me Roxanne.
Edit My Images
No
Last week I picked up an Olympus Mju ii at a price which guarantees a significant, not to be ignored, profit.

I'm skint and Christmas is round the corner.

Great!

Result!

Before offering it for sale I've tested it with a roll of Fomapan.

I'm not that keen on using the camera. I love my XA2 and my Trip.

On the Mju, I don't like its bulk. I don't like having to remember to turn off the flash every time you turn it on. I don't like not being able to override the ISO.

Anyway, negs developed and hanging up to dry.

Holy crap, they look good. Sharp and contrasty.

What will I do?

:D

Sell it, you've plenty of cameras but not much moolah. ;):)

I'd rather saw my arms off with a broken bottle

The mju will AF with your tongue, try selecting mountains with it on the XA2..:p

Wash your mouth out.

It wouldn't be your ability to judge distance that's pants, would it?

:)

Nope........ok well yep, but that's incidental, I've got enough trouble with my bozz eyes, weak arithmetic and false nail obsession to fanny about with zone focussing..:wacky:

Last edited:
Well if it was a f2.8 non zoom Mju-II you would have to prise it from my cold, dead, hand (Which is what my daughter says she is doing to do with all my cameras anyway, even though I gave her one of my spare Mju-IIs to keep her from committing patricide). The zoom ones don't grab me as much, that flash that pops up is annoying but they are a great carry round camera, though at the moment I have an XA in the everyday coat.

Isn’t yours the 170 zoom Mjuii? I’m not sure what you paid, but the zooms don’t generally sell for the same overpriced figure that the Mjuii 35/2.8 primes do. Looking at ebay, they seem to be around £40-50

Back